A thanks to the Underdark (and others)

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

notnow

A thanks to the Underdark (and others)

Post by notnow » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:05 pm

(Warning this is long and includes the words cool and awesome waay too much)

I was going to wait for an appropriate time, like after a major event or retirement or something, but with posts about player conflict and cliques and stuff up I wanted to take a little time to send a big thanks to some people who display no cliquishness, make time for new players, who are top notch roleplayers, have interesting characters and generally make my time on the server enjoyable. Some of these are ongoing RP, some were quick one-off interactions that made me think, "wow this place is cool and I want to be like them."

Xyrmoira: an ongoing source of great RP and very complex character. She showed me around the UD the first hour I was on and has turned into some wonderfully deep RP as she goes on her journey both on foot and in her soul. (The grove and their involvement as well).

Isak Fisker and Zelos Xun'viir: I'm not sure if anyone doesn't know how cool they are. You should. Interesting top to bottom, fun faction-ish/group concept. 10/10 on both of them. Taking the time to work with my unknown character and really involve them in stuff immediately was inspiring. (Sin'ae as a foil to Zelos is hilarious too- props, she adds a lot of real world feel to the group).

Laelda Imydrin - besides being an excellent RPer, having cool little games that help you get to know your fellow adventurers, and just dripping drowness wherever she goes - there is a whole level of complexity and detail with her that drives you to step up.

Zenar - Just love her, her story, journey, etc. Lot of deep feelings and emotion buried under her facade. Fun to play with. (It is especially interesting to hear her attitude back to back with Sephine (SF) - one slave making lemonade out of lemons, the other just so spiteful and angry- SF is a really cool character as well; sorry I nabbed you for a 2 hour RP session when you were trying to do your first delivery jobs as a new character and that the RP ended up with you being killed by a drow. Rough start fresh off the boat).

Josephine "Jo" - Love to just hang out with her and try to decipher what she's saying; very good story, have had a lot of fun talking with her.

Isandra/Tebrynn/Vance Gravelle/Kitiara/stacks of Drow Matrons/former Matron Rae - people who have taken the time to talk to me while I am not high level or if any importance. Having someone whose name is known everywhere take 30 minutes out of their playtime to talk to you it can really give a new (to the UD) player a positive attitude going forward and really makes you want to try to be a better, more inclusive player. . I am still too scared to talk to Sojourner and Belfryn for some reason IC. I think Belfryn threatened to kill me once, I'm counting that as a good interaction for him. I try to be respectful that people in positions of power and know they just get piles of reports and attend back to back meetings some days for hours and give them space but all of these players/characters are approachable and kind (oocly at least- actual RP outcomes may vary and include the loss of limb).

Adding to the list above of people who shouldn't have had time for my character but who offered interesting interactions: Ezekiel the Mayor of Guldrand and Saelynn the elf who runs Darrowdeep.

There are also players that I mostly interact with around the Hub or on a quick adventure that just add some really great texture to the world, but I haven't really had the time to dive to deep into their stories yet. Just people you're friendly to and I think, yeah totally going to hang with them and find out what makes them tick, then I get dragged into something else or to Baator and don't get the time with them I'd like: Many-Face, Nala, Neska, the whole Myt'tar family, I miss my gobo friends like Two teeth and his bros, the Rosemaws the Dustwroughts I've barely scratched the surface on, Ravares but I'm kinda scared of her, Elrith, Alloywin(? butchered that name), the next gen drow boys- Nazir and Nadeyl I get the most time with... anyway this list could go on pages. Listing all the interesting characters in Andunor right now is a really impossible task.

I guess I'm posting this to let people know there tons of really great players who take the time and have mad RP skills. A little time from a character can go a long way to make someone come back for more. And not only come back, want to pay it forward and include others and spend some time on someone they don't know. Even the little things are meaningful.

I seriously wasn't sure if a slightly goofy character like mine would really pan out, but thanks to all the people have included him in things, shown him how great a character can be, and oocly been very kind, he'll be back for more.

Sathiroth

Re: A thanks to the Underdark (and others)

Post by Sathiroth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 pm

From what I heard Lynn is a great character, and I'm always glad to see him around. Belfryn isn't that scary, they just got up from a wrong foot with Lynn being too involved with Xyrmoira :sadcat: We'll see how it all goes further, they most definitely will get involved more with how he is with Bel's slaves! Keep it up.
Cheers!

Belfryn - Retired

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Bunnysmack » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Having RP'd with Lynn, I can say confidently that the gnoll bard is a fantastic character that impressed Tebryn from the get go. I hope we find the time to RP together some more in the future, and I'm glad that my Hot/Cold pale master jerk of a Vhaeraunite was able to improve your gameplay experience on Arelith :D !
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:15 am

IM SO SORRY YOU DONT GET MUCH TIME WITH MANY FACE I JUSt HAVE LIKE 14 CHARACTER SO MY TIME IS SPREAD VRY THIN

YOU ARE MEGA COOL THO
Elinoa - Surface

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:15 am

IM SO SORRY YOU DONT GET MUCH TIME WITH MANY FACE I JUSt HAVE LIKE 14 CHARACTER SO MY TIME IS SPREAD VRY THIN

YOU ARE MEGA COOL THO
Elinoa - Surface

Zeskay

Post by Zeskay » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:48 am

Lynn is great, will happily continue to funnel dust out of him and play practical jokes on him when he least expects it! Hoping their interactions develop further than cordial business transactions, he seems interesting to get to know from what little I've heard about his story :D

Aethan

Post by Aethan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:58 am

Hey there! For what it's worth, I've enjoyed every interaction I've had as Istgloth with Lynn. They have been somewhat limited as I flew through the levels and don't see him often.

His concept is pretty cool, though! I'd definitely like to RP more with him in the future. Istgloth is a pretty new character, but I'll be spending a bunch of time on him so hopefully will get more interactions and chances to RP.

Kudos for being different. 😎

Preytoria

Post by Preytoria » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Lynn is awesome and I continue looking forward to RPing with him!

Bleak Seasons

Post by Bleak Seasons » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:42 am

As far as fur-covered musical murdermachines go; Lynn's exceptional.

I've really enjoyed the time I get to spend interacting with him. There's a lot of interesting history there, and you do a great job of presenting Lynn as a character with a lot going on under the surface. I'm looking forward to digging!

There's a lot you do on him to drag other people into RP, and that's really very cool of you. It's not easy to step back and be an aide to other people's stories but that's exactly what Lynn does. Keep on rocking, music-gnoll, and do not this day be devoured.