Ravares | Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Royal Blood

Ravares | Kudos

Post by Royal Blood » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:45 am

Hello,

Wanted to do something a little unique. This was entirely unexpected so I made this in a few hours to pay tribute to those I'd had so much fun with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os0bdNm ... e=youtu.be

[The end is only the start]
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Drowble Oh Seven

Re: Ravares | Kudos

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:06 am

I loved Ravares a lot when I ran into her on Laelda, and wish we'd got to RP a bit more. Whether she was there or not, she had a presence.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am

Nice video! I barely interacted with Ravares but she seemed to be a fun char to be around!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

notnow

Post by notnow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:42 am

Wow. Loved and feared Ravares. Thanks for being so cool in game. Ravares created some excellent RP for me and I really appreciate all that you did to include me in things. Things she did for Lynn created tons of opportunities with others as well and spawned a ton of high quality RP even when she wasn't there.
Drowble Oh Seven wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:06 am
Whether she was there or not, she had a presence.
Can't say enough about the character and player.

Preytoria

Post by Preytoria » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Great character and a meaningful sendoff! Best way to go out!

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:41 pm

There is a lot to be said about Ravares.

A very well worded and played character that Isa ran into a few times by happenstance and on a whim named commander of the Killian.

What followed was a journey that lasted for several months of witnessing what was easily one of the single most liveliest characters I've ever witnessed. The portrayal was always so energy filled. When Ravares entered a room her presence was overwhelming in how much she could assert herself. The infamy of her deeds were very widely known across Andunor and most of the surface.

She was terrible in all of the perfect ways. A character that undoubtedly sent fear shivering through her many enemies and clung to her convictions even in the face of impossible odds, regardless of the cost. With the life she breathed into many circles being extinguished I have to think that things will be a little duller.

At least until the next one.

thimblegiant
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by thimblegiant » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Very nicely done video. You may not not remember my character as this was a few months ago, but Ravares met him briefly at one of the entrances to the Crystal Caves where she had tracked (and trapped ) him just inside. The way she paced circles around him like a giant cat, mildly taunting him and "encouraging" him to kneel and pray to her goddess, all the while confident and totally controlling the situation while he was nearly paralyzed with fear (yes, I'll admit that now) and desperately trying to think of a way out. Ha! After our encounter I was sweating for real.

When I play, I have a commitment that if any of my characters die in PVP, and they can't be resurrected in a sensible way, then that's it, they're rolled. My previous character had been brutally assassinated only a few weeks prior with little warning, and suffice to say, when you started fingering that axe...well, I really did not want to die that day.

Anyway, I always wanted a chance to run into you again, and our brief encounter launched further roleplay on my side, which spread to others as well.

Glad you're still around as a player - a real treat.

Apokriphos

Post by Apokriphos » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Although our playtimes rarely overlapped, Ravares brought a tangibly physical menace to the typical subtle plotting of the undercity. Our few conversations always left me with a sense of awe at your command of the written word, and desire to learn more about her.

It is a shame we met so rarely, but I look forward with great expectations to your next character.

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:02 pm

Thanks for the insightful comments! it's so awesome to hear how Ravares as a character made others feel or what they got out of it. It's neat to see Ravares through a glimpse of other people's eyes.

So thanks, the cool characters around her and the dedication so many others put into RP inspires me to try to be as cool as them. The UD has been so exciting to play in, the players offer a great deal of quality to live up to.

I did want to say that Ravares future hinges on the outcome of IC affairs. I suppose I'd view this as an intermission? Though on the same hand perhaps things do not work out either way I figured now was a good time to express gratitude for the months of exciting RP.

So thanks again guys.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Wrips

Post by Wrips » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:37 am

Absolutely delightful character to interact with.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:00 am

I ran into Ravares a few times and i enjoyed it. it make me sad to see her go ?inactive?, she was good for Andunor.

Polokko

Post by Polokko » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:43 pm

Few characters make the Underdark truly feel like the Underdark, and Ravares is (or was) one of them. A character of carefully played hostility, never excessive as to encroach on other peoples RP and stories, but enough to certainly add to them, and a character which was easy to dislike (in character of course) , without quite crossing the line into making enemies of everyone. She was well played and it would be nice to see more of her if things go that way.

Gillesbreton

Post by Gillesbreton » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 pm

Kudos Ravares - I enjoyed watching a strong drow character being RPed so well. Royal Blood, i'm sure you have inspired many others into playing a drow character at some point.
Duvain Yantul
Lani Thrul
Seliena Var’kor
Indori Nevarr
Sago Teas

User: ShaleStone - pre-EE.
Played on Arelith since split with Amia.