To Irongron and the whole team

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

satan

To Irongron and the whole team

Post by satan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Lately there has been a lot of ..let's call it .. discomfort..with some of the recent changes to Arelith. In the wake of this there have been some heated words, animosity and division, so I would like to add a different perspective.

Not everyone is upset at all. In fact, I would bet I speak for many more than just myself when I say I'm thrilled to have found a game like this, with a team that actively develops the game and listens to player feedback(even knowing it's impossible to keep everyone happy), with active community managers and no microtransactions. This is the game the mmo 'neverwinter' should have been.

I wish I'd found this sooner. I've been here maybe 5 months now? Long enough to learn most of the mechanics,( but not long enough to become jaded I guess), and long enough to meet some great people and be involved in some great stories.

Keep it up, and take heart in the fact that your hard work is appreciated. Long live Arelith!
Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

Apothys
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: To Irongron and the whole team

Post by Apothys » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:41 pm

I feel the same way. I love the changes and the constant work that seems to being put in to the game. Keep it up!

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

MJmalevolent

Post by MJmalevolent » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Lemme jump in and agree.
I've been playing for a year now and I've had a blast. Still haven't learned all the mechanics lol, but the game has only improved so far
MJmalevolent: Player of Cel Coamenel and Wren Redbolt.

Berried

Post by Berried » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Yeah, definitely.

I've seen people calling for QA testing, transparency, player focus groups, project deadlines and a variety of other studio development tactics that wouldn't necessarily work for a volunteer dev team.

IMO, much of the appeal of taking on unpaid passion projects like Arelith is the freedom to pursue inspiration. I only hope the devs have as much fun building Arelith as the rest of us have playing it.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:01 am

Been playing since 2010, have a character still around since 2011. There's been changes I've disagreed with, but with a single exception, I've always supported the Team's decisions.

I appreciate Irongron in particular for his long posts explaining things in detail with an awareness only a server owner can provide.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:36 am

I want to echo everything said in this post. Amazing memories have been made over the years on here, and I continue to this day to enjoy our server and all th changes it brings us.
Thank you, devs and staff =)

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:05 am

I might not agree with all the changes but group pvp without 10 timestops has been more enjoyable. We will eventually find a nice balance and Irongron/Team should always be reminded they are great and to keep on doing such a passionate work.