DM Transparency and Effort

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

DM Transparency and Effort

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:09 am

Without getting into a bunch of specifics that I'm pretty sure they'd prefer I didn't talk about for sake of FOIG (and as much as I normally hate that term), I want to give the DM Team a kudos for taking time out for me and for patiently taking the time to explain to me the reasons why things had to be a certain way.

They get a lot of flack for withholding information as a part of their job, but when a quest-line ran awry for me recently, my incomplete perspective led to me feeling a little off-put. It can't all be sunshine and roses, but sometimes things sting.

The next day after taking some time to process, I wrote them a pretty long letter- and let's be honest, if you've read my posts, for me that's saying something- explaining my perspective and how things felt/seemed. Worth noting, I'm well aware that despite how my perspective went, from their side of things what they most likely experienced was that multiple DM's took the time to interact with me IG and as a result they got to read a polite but unhappy wall of text. I'm sorry for that - really.

The responses that I received weren't dismissive, outraged, or even upset. They were well thought out, and sympathetic. They've been as helpful as possible given the circumstances, and while I'm still not 100% thrilled with the outcome, that comes from the fact that no one likes to see a plan go sideways, not any fault on their part.

Titania and Atropos - thank you. Both for the effort put into something character-shaping on my behalf, and for the willingness to help me through the process.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002