Tsn's Stone

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Izaich

Tsn's Stone

Post by Izaich » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:04 pm

I just wanted to give major thanks to DM Titania and the community as a whole for the last month's worth of RP I've experienced. It would be a disservice to the community to list individual names, as I'd surely miss thanking a few important people. Sufficed to say, if we've RP'd over the last month then you've provided me with a great deal of fun during a time when my character was most vulnerable. The interaction between different characters has really helped develop a notoriously flat character (though you might not notice!). I'm very thankful for every ounce of character interaction this event has thrown my way.

DM Titania's quest was a very personal one for my character. It involved closing a huge chapter in Amadeo's story, along with the story of two NPC factions on the island. I admittedly felt a bit selfish being a primary focus of a DM event, but Titania was able to expand the scope and involve players from all around the server. By the end, multiple factions had a personal stake in the outcome of the event, as did several independent characters.

I'd also like to thank DM Titania for being extremely flexible in how they told their story. This was a perfect example of an event where the story was being led in equal measure by the players and by the DM. Scenarios and obstacles would be thrown at the players, and it felt like the players had a lot of creative control in how to tackle them. Events often fit the players' schedules, but Titania wasn't afraid to throw curve-Pufferfish that changed how we approached problems.

The event and the players I interacted with both inspired me to be a better RPer. Thank you!

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Tsn's Stone

Post by Echohawk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:47 am

I am genuinely impressed by how much and how varied all of the story has been.
There has been some moments that had you hyped, and others where you actually were tense or anxious. I didn't entirely know how it was going to end. I'm more than thrilled with the amount of involvement I got to have in this story, it's been the first time in a while since I've been able to!

You shouldn't feel too selfish, I hope that I can share stories with others that have a fraction of this influence and memorability to other characters, a means for them to evolve and reshape through trials and encounters.

Unrelated, Archeage shameless plug:
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:24 pm

I really enjoyed this story! It came from a different story line and instantly had a sense of gravity. The flow was nice and stable, the looming threat of being monked a real possibility. It was too important to not drag others into it, and drag I did. At the end there were a good number of people interested in this little stone and a lot of hard choices having to be made.

Titania really outdid herself and I'm entirely satisfied and overjoyed by each instance. Biggest Kudos to her and Izaich for closing a chapter and opening a new one!

Kshatriya

Post by Kshatriya » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 am

This story was great! It helped drive my character where things were a bit more quiet in her story and helped establish a lot of others she'd hesitate to call friends, but certainly consider close as she's capable of! It was definitely great seeing just how involved everyone got along the way, with the culmination bringing together characters from all across the isle! Huge kudos and look forward to see what the continued fallout will be from all this.
Good medicine is bitter in the mouth but good for the disease; faithful words offend the ear but are good for the conduct.