Veriel Xyrdan: Shelving Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs
Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Veriel Xyrdan: Shelving Kudos

Post by Eira » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 pm

After a series of what could possibly have been the worst decisions ever of his life, Veriel Xyrdan sails from the island with two of the people he cares for most, and with (possibly naïve and futile) hopes of a brighter future and chance for redemption.

Much love and kudos to all who I have interacted with on this disaster mess of an elf. I play Arelith because I get to be around all of you.

Matthew: A month and a half ago, Matthew Daressin-Gravelle, known outcast and possibly a BAD PERSON came across a nervous young pacifist in the forest. Holy heck, I could have never predicted the extent of their story together and the waves it made. This has been an emotional and painful ride for our characters, and I am so happy I have been able to play with you and get to know you further as a friend.

Nae’ali: Momma bear! The closest to a mother figure that Veriel could get, Nae was a wonderful mix of wanting to foster his sense of hope and trust and love, as well as wanting to protect him from the horrors of the world. I hope that someday she gets the arc hinted at (but oh no if things happen that make it come to pass). She deserves so much better than the island could give her, and here’s hoping that her healing will come swiftly as well.

Azahel: The perfect brother and balance of Veriel. I’m in awe at most of what Azahel says, and your writing through him. The island needs the soft touch of an Ilmateri not afraid to speak his mind. The twins part for now, but I am sure they will return together soon.

Sabre: Palamom! Oh goodness, I’m glad Veriel is slowly becoming less of a disappointment to my favorite Lathanderite. Tense in the beginning, they’re slowly growing more of a bond despite his, frankly, awful choices. Sabre is still a role model of the type of person Veriel wants to be, but hopefully when they meet again, he’ll have learned how to be a bit more of his own elf- self.

Olaver: The very first villain. The scars that Olaver left, both physically and mentally, have and will continue to impact Veriel. And if not for him, I’m pretty sure this whole storyline never would have happened. I am sad that his story ended as early as it did, but oh man what an ending.

Garrett: Ahhh, Garrett is wonderful. Aggrieved nerd that really doesn’t deserve all the trouble that comes his way and that people expect him to fix it all. Veriel also very much looks up to Garrett and hopes that maybe someday he might not be such a disappointment in his eyes. Our scenes may have been few and tense, but I have enjoyed every bit of play with you.

Filianore: From their most awkward first meeting to final awkward goodbyes and all the awkward sitting in silences in the middle... Filianore has been an all-around touching and lovely person/sketchy aunt with the concerning friends. He always felt safe with her. I hope to be able to see her again when Veriel is a bit more grown up and able to understand more of the difficult moral questions he sees her faced with.

Siobhan: Getting arrested at knifepoint was my favorite experience. Veriel’s encounters with Siobhan were some of the most confusing and terrifying moments of his life, especially when she started being nice. I miss seeing her around, and I’m excited to see who else you play.

Ilara and Shan’Mish: YOUUUUUUUUUU. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU TWO DID. Ilara being Veriel’s first friend on the island set the stage for so much grief. And Shan played so hard at his hope of just… wanting to be useful. They are the perfect duo of manipulation and pain, and I have been thrilled to encounter them and the Link.

Ezekiel: Oof. Going from romantic advice to “the guy I thought I love murdered and enslaved me, what do I do” is one hell of a way to escalate a helpful relationship. Ezekiel is yet another role model for Veriel, in being able to just help others, and he hopes someday being able to prove he can make good choices. Also you’re lovely and I enjoy being able to play with you. I promise next character won’t be another disappointment of a trash kid.

Ani’riel: Yet another role model. I think facing Ani’riel’s disappointment was the first time Veriel really felt the judgement and disconnect that his path would lead him to. He was so desperately miserable when he thought Ani’riel didn’t want to be his friend anymore. I’ve enjoyed every scene I’ve had with you, whether some of the deeper more emotional rp, or just bantering and fighting.

Aldaron: An unexpected best friend! Despite Veriel’s unfortunate track record with going off alone with strange vagabonds in the night, Aldaron actually didn’t hurt him. Their walks and discussions in the forest, as few as they had been, were some of the most wholesome and lovely scenes. I greatly enjoy you as a writer, and I very much hope to be able to poke more at Aldaron’s story in the future.

Quentin: Druid friend! Another that helped build up Veriel’s confidence in himself, as well as being one of his closest friends. Much hope that they will encounter each other in the future; Veriel thinks of Quentin a lot. And I hope you’re also doing well, friend.

Nora: Oh my goodness, Nora gives Veriel so much hope. She’s been one of the safe places for him, and her advice has always found a place to stick in his heart. As always, I adore your characters and playing with you. I hope he will be able to hear the full lullaby someday.

Itzal and Maya: The best bad influences. Itzal and Maya together have slowly built up Veriel’s confidence so well, even if it horribly embarrassed him. You both of course know how much I adore you, and we’ll be together on the next round of characters!

Vesryn: Oh boy. Vesryn has been an intimidating hero to Veriel. From their very first meeting to the last talk together… oof. You are a brilliant roleplayer, and my goodness, I get chills sometimes during their talks or in that confrontation. I can’t wait until Veriel returns to perhaps prove to him that he can become a better person.

Seradria: Another person that Veriel VERY much does not want to disappoint… and yet, oh man. Went from “please teach me how to elf” to something SO much different. I can’t wait for the next time they meet, every scene they’ve had has been immensely enjoyable for me to be able to play with you.

Arcarys: Always a little intriguing and a little concerning to Veriel, Arcarys is one that he half wants to avoid at all costs, and half wants to get to know better since he feels a strange kinship with him. I enjoy hearing all his stories and playing with the ?friendship? between them. Looking forward to next round.

Elidyr: “You ran away. It was irritating.” Elidyr has been an interesting enigma for Veriel. He very much wanted to prove that he wasn’t just a naïve disaster of a child to him, but as life would have it, that’s not the case. Someday! Someday they shall meet again and perhaps it will be different.

Pheril: You know what you did. I love you, ya disaster.

The Unnamed Third Party: I was very flattered to hear how much Veriel was worth. I’m glad we finally got to have that scene; and he will always remember them. After his trip, they definitely should talk again!

Elrith, Isandra, Duvain, Seliena, Vich, John (Hshasahhshshs whatever the heck his real name is), Rylie: Citadel squad! This has been a trip of pain and intimidation, lies and bullying, and weird wholesome moments among all the horror and suffering. I know this is not the last time I play with you all, but I want to express that I adore all of you so so much and am glad we’ve encountered.

Elf Squad (Sakura, Anaria, Zathlan, Buppi, Naesala, Celendeir, Dregan, Carthana, Seliya, other elves that I am too shamed to attempt the spelling of names): All our interactions, good or bad, have been immensely enjoyable. I loved every bit of hanging out, in language lessons or festival or awkward and uncomfortable life lessons. Veriel may feel like a terrible elf, but that only means yet another goal for him to seek out and learn.

I am sure I have missed names, and my apologies for that. I try to reach out on a personal level to thank people for rp as well. But know that I enjoy all of you and I can’t wait to continue playing alongside you.
Last edited by Eira on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

good man of god
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Veriel Xyrdan: Shelving Kudos

Post by good man of god » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Eira wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 pm
After a series of what could possibly have been the worst decisions ever of his life, Veriel Xyrdan sails from the island with two of the people he cares for most, and with (possibly naïve and futile) hopes of a brighter future and chance for redemption.

Much love and kudos to all who I have interacted with on this disaster mess of an elf. I play Arelith because I get to be around all of you.

Matthew: A month and a half ago, Matthew Daressin-Gravelle, known outcast and possibly a BAD PERSON came across a nervous young pacifist in the forest. Holy heck, I could have never predicted the extent of their story together and the waves it made. This has been an emotional and painful ride for our characters, and I am so happy I have been able to play with you and get to know you further as a friend.

Elrith, Isandra, Duvain, Seliena, Vich, John (Hshasahhshshs whatever the heck his real name is), Rylie: Citadel squad! This has been a trip of pain and intimidation, lies and bullying, and weird wholesome moments among all the horror and suffering. I know this is not the last time I play with you all, but I want to express that I adore all of you so so much and am glad we’ve encountered.
I am glad that I, and the collective Citadel Squad, were able to give you some fun RP that you enjoyed.

I can say that we in return surely enjoyed having you along for some story.

The story overall was fun - and I am looking forward to some time away to recharge batteries and let Matthew chill out in the mainland for a bit.

Thank you!

Previous:
Tornius Daressin
Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Asvusha (Blake Lynk)
Sebastian Webster

Current:
Inkwell Thornwhisper

Talvenlapsi

Post by Talvenlapsi » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Sighs. Veriel, veriel.. Veriel. One of the continuous headaches Sabre's had, but one she wouldn't get rid off before it's treated properly!
Sabre's looked at Veriel growing up closely, and she's slowly growing to be the mommadin that's extremely proud of the young elf's developement. Despite she doesn't understand half of how his mind works, she's always delighted to see the stuttery elf alive and -atleast somewhat- well. She'll be expecting letters! And maybe, just maybe, one day she'll learn to not despise Veriel's chosen one (Matthew) as much as she has always done!

"Farewell, Illuminated One. Untill we meet again."
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Vranohr

Post by Vranohr » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Oh, the Elf-boy wonder.

From the day Nora met Veriel at the Government district she saw herself in the young elf. Knowing that his stutter does not come from flaw, but nerves, which Nora had both. Simply wanting to protect him.

There were few interactions between the two and she remained polite and supporting.
Until the day he came crying to Guldorand.

It flipped and Nora was caring and nurturing for him, wanting to support him, and understanding his struggle in love as she herself knew how it is being in love with someone regarded as evil. Not saying "No, bad Veriel, don't" because she knew, because she been through same with Teri.

I will sing the full lullaby once Veriel is back.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:56 pm

It was a really heartfelt scene, it was a good sendoff. I got some screenshots.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:02 am

I never met Veriel, but I've very much enjoyed the chronicle.

Good luck; tear-choked elf, wherever you end up. I hope there's happiness there.

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:21 am

He was interesting. I'm hopeful for more development on their return.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Gideon DeVay

Post by Gideon DeVay » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:15 am

A memorable and well-portrayed character! Great job Eira. I enjoyed brief encounters with Veriel and really admired the unique play-style!

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:17 pm

Honestly, what a wonderful character, and it's a shame I didn't get to RP with him as much as I'd liked. I'm glad he got some semblance of a happy ending because things where rough for that poor dude!
Kudos <3

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Oaks

Post by Oaks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Veriel is adorable and you're a wonderful writer. I really hope to see Veriel return, or at the very least, run into you on another character. Loved how unconventional things were. Thanks for the good times.
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:51 am

Always loved Veriel <3 !
No matter where Siobhan is now, she has strangely fond memories of that guy she almost randomly beat to a pulp and threatened to murder! Can't wait to see if some new tasty PC comes forward!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)