Spyre

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Spyre

Post by MissEvelyn » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:06 am

For all your hard work and efforts, for all the hours and nights spent working on the server, whether it was with player requests, reports, and applications, or behind the scenes improvements.

Thank you for all that you've done for our community. You deserve a big kudos and a thousand hugs from us. Despite naysayers, you were nothing but good for our community. No one deserves to be talked to or behind their back in such a way, and it is quite disconcerting and disappointing to hear. I sincerely hope such toxic folk leave our server for good.

But, not to detract from this kudos, thank you, Spyre~

Kriegos

Re: Spyre

Post by Kriegos » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:17 am

Thank you, Spyre.

For the hard work, for helping people with things big and small, and for the hours and hours volunteered making Arelith a better place for us players.

That said, the most important thing in the world is to make sure your mental health is in a good place. No one here will fault you for putting that as your top priority, and I wish you the very best in getting that to a healthy place.
Insomniac extraordinaire and owner of the cutest darn corgis you’ve ever seen.

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:10 am

It's very, very sad to see you leave Spyre. You've done so much for this community and for that I'm most grateful.

I hope you feel better soon. Health and loved ones should always come first.

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:19 am

I can only second what others said - Thanks, Spyre and keep safe.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:25 am

Thanks Spyre.

You really don't deserve negativity from this community.
Best of wishes in whatever you choose to do next

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:26 am

Thank you for all your dedication, patience, and time with all of us, players, that came searching for an advise, or that was complaining, or simply asked a question, you will be missed a lot!

Thank you very much!

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:07 am

Its very sad and surprised to hear the reason for stepping down. Its completely understandable though. You don't need that sort of behaviour bringing you down. No one in the team does.

Thank you for all the hard work.

*Hug* I hope you feel better and find something fun to enjoy again.
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:26 am

Sorry to see you go, but thank you for all the hard work you've put into the server thus far!

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:37 am

Thanks for everything you've done, and the countless hours you've put in. You've helped me get back access to characters, rebuilds, and the like more often then any one person should have to, all with inhuman courtesy. You've done brilliant work, and have good reason to be proud of it.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 am

Thank you for all the time and hard work you've put into the server.

I had suspected this was going to happen when I saw you renamed your Discord name and changed your avatar a couple weeks back. Despite hoping you weren't stepping down, I fully support it; Real world lives always come first. I wish you the best, and hope you can still find the same enjoyment player side that you had before stepping up as a dev.

It genuinely makes me angry to know that players still feel the sort of behavior you and all the other devs face is somehow acceptable or beneficial.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:26 pm

I feel the same way as every person on this thread. No one deserves to be spoken to like that. And anyone who did should be ashamed and question their morals and integrity.

Thank you for everything Spyre. For every minute you sacrificed your personal time for us. And agreeing with Evelyn.. a thousand hugs for you!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Xarge VI

Post by Xarge VI » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks for all the time and effort you've put in for us, Spyre.
Most of us players appreciate the work you guys do.

Unfortunately hate is often louder than appreciation.
This is especially true on the internet where the sense of anonymity gives people an impression that they are shielded from consequence of their words. In some people that manifests in most abominable ways.

Again, Thank you Spyre for enduring that nerdrage for us as long as you did.

Apothys

Post by Apothys » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm

I never got to touch base with you in or out of game, but i saw your hard work and dedication through the words of others players i talked too. Means alot when someone is willing to give up there free time to help others, it really does. :)

I have to admit there is a toxic element to this game that i came across outside of the game itself, i wont point fingers but i steer clear of that supposedly helpful place, their harsh manner is both demoralising and judgemental. I just hope that perhaps youll heal and get the rest you need and return to Arelith one day. You'll be missed.

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

Pediseca

Post by Pediseca » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:45 pm

No words.... <3

good man of god
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by good man of god » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Spyre,

Thank you very much for all you've done for Arelith and its community, despite any negativity you've received, during my 8 or so years on Arelith, you've been one of the best in the admin/DM team.

Arelith is worse without you, and you by the sounds of it are better without Arelith, and we all know which is more important.

Chin up, you're a good egg.

Thank you!

:D

Previous:
Tornius Daressin
Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Asvusha (Blake Lynk)
Sebastian Webster

Current:
Inkwell Thornwhisper

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:59 pm

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again, you were one of the most hardworking individuals for this community. I don't know what straw broke you, but know that we have very much appreciated all your work in making sure we transitioned smoothly to EE, managing these rebuilds & generally being available to talk.

You'll be missed, fam. Hope you come back to play, and when you do ..it's on Skal.

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:02 pm

You know how I feel and where I am.

I got you.
What is woven will be.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Useful/helpful criticism is one thing, but pure negativity doesn't help anyone whatsoever and the Internet has too much of as it is.

I hope you have a good one, the community appreciates your work.

DM Wraith
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Wraith » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Spyre will forever be a pillar amongst this community. I dont think much more needs to be said than that for those whom know him, but for those that don't.

Dedicated, Compassionate, Understanding, Resourceful, Unwavering, Honest, Integral, Respectful, Dutiful, and with a candor in talking that I think we can all learn from. These are just a few words that come to mind with Spyre.

Truly, we as a community are lessened without his presence here. Spyre, has been a supervisor, confidant, mentor, and friend so it truly is heartbreaking to see his departure.

For the Community, he not only saw to building narratives playerside, but served as a DM, Head DM, and Community Manager. His work ethic and personality more than earned him those positions. On top of all of that, countless hours helping players and DM's in a mentorship role, building area's, and of course most recently of his own volition going forth and offering rebuilds.

Words cannot express the gratitude I have for Spyre. I can only hope to apply what he's taught, and honor his legacy here on Arelith.

Today's a hard day, but lets raise one to Spyre, and lets embody and foster that sense of community that for some has been lost.

Cheers to you Bud.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks for everything, and take well care of yourself, Spyre.

Done.

The1Kobra

Post by The1Kobra » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Spyre,

You've done a lot for us and your efforts are appreciated. I wish you the best in sorting your affairs.

DM Apollo

Post by DM Apollo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:55 pm

DM Wraith wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:39 pm
Spyre will forever be a pillar amongst this community. I dont think much more needs to be said than that for those whom know him, but for those that don't.

Dedicated, Compassionate, Understanding, Resourceful, Unwavering, Honest, Integral, Respectful, Dutiful, and with a candor in talking that I think we can all learn from. These are just a few words that come to mind with Spyre.

Truly, we as a community are lessened without his presence here. Spyre, has been a supervisor, confidant, mentor, and friend so it truly is heartbreaking to see his departure.

For the Community, he not only saw to building narratives playerside, but served as a DM, Head DM, and Community Manager. His work ethic and personality more than earned him those positions. On top of all of that, countless hours helping players and DM's in a mentorship role, building area's, and of course most recently of his own volition going forth and offering rebuilds.

Words cannot express the gratitude I have for Spyre. I can only hope to apply what he's taught, and honor his legacy here on Arelith.

Today's a hard day, but lets raise one to Spyre, and lets embody and foster that sense of community that for some has been lost.

Cheers to you Bud.
I want to echo this.

I knew Spyre as a DM when he helped me as a player and as the Head DM and Admin while I was a DM. He was stellar to work with in both those roles and it was an honour and a pleasure to work alongside him for several years. His compassion is infectious and this is a huge loss for Arelith - with huge shoes to fill. Spyre's made his mark on the server, from coaching; to new areas and area updates; to just taking the time to listen to players and understand their concerns. He'll be missed.

I wish you all the best Spyre, take care of yourself and keep in touch.

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:58 pm

Massive respect to Spyre for a lot of hard work. I couldn't get NWN started after moving house with a new laptop and thanks to him I've been able to get started with my favourite character in my whole nine years. Hope you prosper well!

Volograd
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Volograd » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Chin up, eyes forward. You did some stellar work here as a volunteer, and I imagine you’ll fly high at whatever you move onto next.

Good luck out there in the real world.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Spyre's been with me since I began DMing on here and has always been amenible to talking when availible in Playerside. I'm going to miss him for sure and hope all the best for him.
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5