QoL Zoo Spell Change

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

QoL Zoo Spell Change

Post by Twily » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:55 am

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26490

Thank you so much! :D
This seriously is a huge QoL change. My record for the most 2 or 3 rolls on these in a row is 14, and for a max roll my record is 18 uses.
I've also had to use over 10 uses before getting a 4 or 5 more times than I've been able to keep track of.

It had gotten to the point where I was literally tracking how many uses it toke as a strange sort of joke, just to see if I could beat my previous records.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: QoL Zoo Spell Change

Post by Ork » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:30 am

A+

Zahlfire
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Zahlfire » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:44 am

Top tier QoL change right there. Thanks!
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 am
Perhaps the takeaway is not to go 'Ugh. Lesbians... we should cull them.'
Currently plays: N/A

Who to PM and When

Feel free to PM me with Lore questions!

ImWithThisGuy

Post by ImWithThisGuy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:47 pm

A great suggestion! Full approval and gratitude for implementation! Thank you very, very much!

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Live soon, I never tested this one so we'll see how well it works.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:20 pm

I'm excited to see how it plays out myself, I'm sure it'll make a huge difference for low level characters starting up.

I noticed that it doesn't effect empower from the update post. Very sad as that doesn't change anything for poor warlocks that end up rolling 14 times to hit a 4 roll.

Nevertheless it's an excellent update. A+

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:59 pm

Aniel wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:20 pm
I'm excited to see how it plays out myself, I'm sure it'll make a huge difference for low level characters starting up.

I noticed that it doesn't effect empower from the update post. Very sad as that doesn't change anything for poor warlocks that end up rolling 14 times to hit a 4 roll.

If it works fine I can add it to empowered as well.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:48 pm

I have never been more excited to play this game. I have wanted something like this for so long.

THANK YOU.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Glorious.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:27 am

ActionReplay wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:59 pm
Aniel wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:20 pm

If it works fine I can add it to empowered as well.
Okay I really love you now. <3

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:21 pm

I've fixed the issue, NWNX is broken for this so the solution is more straightforward.

Next reset this should work as intended and for Empower as well. Only Maximized metamagic overrides this as its, well, maximized. Epowered, Still, Extended, None or Quicken will make use of this and for Empowered it will raise the cap simply.

Though mixing and swapping metamagic may not work, so say you cast a regular Bull's Strength, roll a 5, and then cast a Empowered Bull's Strength it will probably override the previous cast and start from 0. Well that's a niche case anyway.

EDIT: Oh and you'll be notified once you hit the max now.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:46 pm

You're awesome, ActionReplay. Thanks a lot for your work! :)
I'm very happy this suggestion got approved and implemented - and so are all of my characters! :D

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:27 pm

ActionReplay is such a hero to all of us Buffers.

It has been such a pain to get 6x 2-3's in a row. Never again. Now I can actually use my spell slots into something 'meaningful', rather than waste away due to NWN RNG.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:40 pm

No more holding awkward stat scores. Now we can all be exactly 5 from max and get the max reliably. This will make wand consumption and time consumption much lower. Thanks a lot for the change. I'm sure it benefits all characters in the game equally so its a great change.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by godhand- » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 am

Not sure if this is intentional, but it doesn't work with the +1 /2 from GSF/ESF: transmutation... as in it still caps at 5 so to take advantage of the sweet sweet +6/7 rolls still requires spamming. Not a problem on my warlock but may impact other casting classes.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:38 pm

godhand- wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 am
Not sure if this is intentional, but it doesn't work with the +1 /2 from GSF/ESF: transmutation... as in it still caps at 5 so to take advantage of the sweet sweet +6/7 rolls still requires spamming. Not a problem on my warlock but may impact other casting classes.
Don't think it's live on servers yet. ActionReply said "at next reset", but server's been up for 2 days 11 hours at the time of posting.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:03 pm

godhand- wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 am
Thsoe bonuses are applied after, they shouldnt affect your cap. The cap is only on the roll itself. The Transmutation bonuses are applied after so if you reach the +5 cap and have the focuses you should be getting +6/+7.

EDIT: I understand this can be confusing, you should be looking for a text message saying you maxed your attribute. There is another message saying how high your roll was and this one includes Spell focuses, so if it says you got a +5 and you have the focuses you actually rolled a 3, not a 5 so you haven't reached the cap yet. If it says you have 6 or 7 you've capped.