Ezekiel Klennald

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Vranohr

Ezekiel Klennald

Post by Vranohr » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:56 pm

For one and only.

Justice Dad, you always will be remembered. I'm not only glad for I have met Ezekiel, all the stories we've been through, but to have met Lansert behind and get to know you, add you to my place in my heart for good and fun people I call friends.

The roleplay you have given me I will always remember and cherish the memories I have gotten.

I only wish to continue our friendship despite not having you in Arelith.

Cheers for everything from a sobbing Wizard.

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Ezekiel Klennald

Post by woodbreeze » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:23 am

^^^ a piece from hands down one of the coolest convos I had on my character with Zeke. that last line still hurts.

silliness aside, Ezekiel was one of the few characters that motivated me to keep at my own story with my own. I always looked forward to running into him. A very inclusive and kind player that was willing to bend for the sake of the story. I will miss both Zeke and the player, but I wish them the best, and will always cherish the time I had, as I know others will too.

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:32 am

apparently i showed up not two minutes after you rolled.

see you around, man
Intelligence is too important

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:48 am

Ezekiel was hands down the best leader of a settlement I ever met. He included me in several big storylines that affected Guldorand and I was just a wandering bard. Many thanks to Ezekiel and his player.

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:50 am

I also really want to tip my hat to Ezekiel and for one very specific reason as to why I think he was such a good character, and why Lansert is such a good player. Ezekiel was a major part of my storyline, a big moving catalyst for it, and throughout my interactions with him and other people I realized that this was the case for a *lot* of people.

So much of Ezekiel's time, it seems to me, was spent involving himself with other characters in impactful ways. In my experience he was only ever really in the spotlight as a means to push a story along. That's the sort of player you want in a server like this, someone who prioritizes other characters' stories and makes them happen (including as many other players as they reasonably can along the way.). This mentality when playing a character really builds relationships and builds a sense of community. It makes me want to do the same sort of thing, to not just think about my own story but to try and help other people along. I think we all have more fun when we're doing things together anyways, and no matter what type of character you're playing, you can find ways to involve other people and give them a chance to say their piece.

That's all. I'll miss ya. To your happiness, and have fun wherever you go!

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

NMan7496

Post by NMan7496 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:14 am

Ezekiel was a real driving force for Mather, he convinced Mather to come to Guldorand and gave him a sense of belonging when he had lost all direction. It was Zeke's influence that eventually drove him to take his vows as a paladin and have the confidence in himself to accept the mantle of Justiciar of the Temple of Tyr and run for Mayor of Guldorand.

I'm not sure where Mather would be now without Zeke, thank you for driving so much RP and constantly pushing him to always better himself. It's been such a pleasure to know you both IC and OOC.
Characters:
- Eleanor Allias, Paladin of Selûne

Former:
- Mather Allias, Elrith Ferein, Simone Beregnor-Springscar, Thalia Loreas

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:50 am

Shame to see him go but if anyone deserves retirement it would be him. Kudos.

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:57 am

For all the headaches Diana might have caused, I truly tip my hat to you sir. Much kudos for sticking to it as long as you have and doing an amazing job with it all. Diana always respected the crap out of Ezekiel, regardless of the stink she sometimes made. The people who were there, the character's stories you've touched and impacted is a testament to the kind of player you are, and the character Ezekiel was. I'm honored that upon my return to the server, I got to play alongside you.
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 am

You were an absolute blast and pleasure to play with and talk with. With any of your characters and as a person. I've said it so many times already, but I will really miss you and it's clear you made a big impression on many. I wish you all the best and don't be a stranger! <3

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:35 pm

Will be missed!, Now come to the darkside. . .
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:44 pm

We have interacted maybe 2-3 times on characters but I always found Ezekiel memorable wherever I did or heard of him in passing. Well deserved kudos and good luck whatever you do next.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:48 pm

An Absolutely excellent player and character, Both of which are a big reason why I am still playing arelith today,

Wherever you go Lansert, Your gonna' rock.

(P.S I miss you already)
Howling around all year long

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:01 pm

Ezekiel was huge hugs, and big daddy justice.

The player is so immensely flexible in often a server environment that has many closed doors (out of fear of losing). Guldorand was one of the best arcs for my previous character - and I think a large part had to do with both Ezekiel's influence, and the player's inclusive style of play.

Big kudos.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Arienette

Post by Arienette » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:23 am

Ezekiel as a character and player was the bridge that brought me from a hesitant visitor to Arelith to a player and character who showed me that i could have a real impact on the setting and the story.

Wont be the same without you!

monkeywithstick
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by monkeywithstick » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:06 am

Ezekiel was delightful to RP around.
He and Izzy did not speak often but when they did it was almost always profound and intriguing. I hope Izzy was an interesting foil for him, he was certainly so for Izzy.
Characters: Izzy, short for Isabel. Shaena Ash.

Lansert

Post by Lansert » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:12 am

Brings a tear to my eye to read all this. Y'all were equally fun and made good impressions on me in turn. The best stories are ones shared, I had set out to do that and by the looks of all this here I succeeded. As I move on to other servers, hobbies, and things I'll think back fondly to the player base here, and keep the friends I made here as I go forward too.

During his ambush of goodbyes many spoke of a desire for Ezekiel to have a happy rest and retirement so I'll post his Epilogue here for y'all as my (probably) last post on this forum.

Music

"Ezekiel, his husband, and their 5 youngest children sailed to and settled down in the city of his birth, Waterdeep. Two of his older children already living with family in the city and his nephews and nieces which are legion helped his children transition from small town life to big city living. He would travel up and down the Sword Coast on behalf of his religion on occasion but the majority of his work would be within his home in the Deep. He would go on to assist the law enforcement and rulers of the city, advocating for honest and compassionate Law and would teach and educate dozens of acolytes, warriors, lawyers, and young and upcoming politicians on the nature of politics, the Tyrran faith, and war strategy in combination.

For once in his life he felt peace on the material plane. He still had his regrets, fears, and dangers to handle in his line of work but he knew it was nothing compared to what had come before. He did not always win or succeed in his struggles on the mainland but he could accept that and for once just embrace what victories he could have without dwelling on the losses more than he needed to.

For decades before this he felt adrift and lost, seeking some home he had never been to, going where Tyr sent him, he told few that he felt like a stranger and outsider even in his home around his friends, with a gnawing pain eating at him always. The pain was not gone but for once he felt he was where he was finally meant to be.

His hair would darken and gray, his wrinkles would grow, and his vigor reduce though never quite leave him. Even as an old man, grandfather to an army, he never truly lost the energy that made him like a spring flower. He would eventually die of old age in his sleep, his spirit would pass on to the home it always yearned for and the gnawing pain would cease.

Few would know it from outward appearances alone but those with Sight beyond sight visiting the City of Splendors would notice that an orphanage within the Docks District is a great spiritual citadel for cosmic good on the Material Plane. When the chaotic high adventure of Faerun came to that corner of the Docks, as it often did, conjured fiends and the restless dead would fear to tread near a humble home for lost children as if it was the gates of Mount Celestia itself."

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Not sure where to start. It's always so sad when a character gets shelved you enjoy playing with, even worse when the player leaves with it. I truly understand why you leave though but hope at some point you'll come back to visit!

Been playing a long time with you and your character Ezekiel. From being Derristan's good advicing Sergeant to eventually become his boss and in some ways his mentor. The character Ezekiel is well played, engaging, funny and very involving. You truly mastered playing a big hearted man who'd find good and hope in most people.

As for the player, because we're not just losing a character but one of the hardest working players on Arelith, at least among those I've met. There's been great people in charge of Guldorand but no one quite made as many changes as you did. Be it turning it into a republic with it's own constitution and an active government, with treasurers, delegates and stewards. To forming a defensive pact and trying to unite and involve all the surface. Not to mention the endless meets to get characters to try and bury the hatchet and the players OOC along with it.

You've also been very heavily targeted, the road's not been easy. Being told Ezekiel's too welcoming while also being excluding. Always been open to challengers to the 'throne' while being told by important Npcs that it's time to let someone else rule. Contradictions that no doubt has been weary on you but you've always handled it privately, never complained much about it and much respect due to that.

The oldest screens I could find, back when Ezekiel was a Shield-Sergeant.

Thanks for all the fun times, good luck wherever you end up next and I'll see you in the Discord channels!

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:42 pm

The end of an era. During Ezekiel’s mayorship of Guldorand the town was always a treat to visit because it was so active and full of life I never knew what I was going to find.

You are a generous, fun, talented roleplayer. I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with two of your characters and both had a large, lasting impact on Isak. I genuinely look forward to roleplaying with you again on whatever character you create next.

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:28 pm

*Laria cries and waves a lantern as Ezekiel sails away*