Ildan Auvryndar's extended absence, and kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Aurian

Ildan Auvryndar's extended absence, and kudos

Post by Aurian » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:06 pm

So, this is awkward, but... due to a variety of life complications, I realized I just can't invest sufficient energy and attention to get involved in any significant long-term RP, and we all know RP is where it's at. It's not that I don't have any time at all, but my times are extremely unpredictable and often limited to low server pop hours. Plus, everything that's going on leaves me mentally exhausted to the point where I'm just not able to cook up any awesome RP plots. I can shoot things on the screen, play card games or read visual novels - anything that provides entertainment without much of a mental investment on my part. But to RP, I need to feel that creative drive that's just been lacking lately.

That said, I really enjoyed my few months on Arelith and I WILL return! It might take a year, though. Maybe less. I trust the server will still be around in early 2021. :)

In the meantime, special kudos to Sydney Harrow (you rawk!) and the entire Arcanum crew. Also my buddy Skarain, you will be missed. And Eira as well, and several others I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with.

I also played the kobold archerette Zumi Sort-of-Rosemaw, who has found a way back to her old tribe for now. She might be back someday.