Zenar Sailing Away

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Skarain

Zenar Sailing Away

Post by Skarain » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:53 am

I tend not to write to Kudos threads. It is just not my style. This however is one, to announce the end of Zenar Evaliir journey.. The slave of Xun'viir retired peacefully, traveling to the far-away land of T'lindhet to continue to serve future generations of Xun'viir under the mother house before they find their ways to Arelith.

The names are many and too many to list but a few noteworthy mentions.

Laelda Imydrin - It was a pleasure running into you as early as level 3, and having this fine-class drow noblewoman try to make a proper servant of a rough along the edges slave-girl. Sadly I had that 1.5 month absent so we didn't get to go alongside the entire way, but what we had was definitely enjoyable and one of the reasons i stuck around on Zenar as long as I did.

Lynn DeFelvile - While a Gnoll Bard might be controversial to some, from Lynn Zenar found a friend in the dark. The kindness of that gnolls' heart, at least towards this one slave girl knew no bounds. Telling him the story of trying to make lemonade out of lemons (make the best out of a bad situation), and the gnoll actually went and found Lemonade from some mysterious source. Zenar still preserves a couple of bottles to savor when the time is right.

Thraldor Gine - A Drow but not the most cruel sort, Thraldor was a great friend aswell. Many stories were shared and much sympathy shown towards one-another and their lives and fates. Zenar got to say his farwells to him before taking her boat to far and beyond.

Ravares and Zelos Xun'viir - Our timezones didn't really agree and the times we got to RP were not that many. Still, I thank for the nice experience of playing under you as your slave. There were memorable and some nerve-wrecking moments out there. Good luck finding as good of a rodent to pour your wine.

House Xun'viir - You as a whole were a blast to hang out with. Again, timezone problems, but for anyone playing on the EST/Central/USA zones, definitely recommend to check them out for Drow House shenanigans.

Ghost - For being a good friend, even if we didn't interact that often.

Amalie Arcath - We had some fun conversations and I got to watch you make a fool out of Thraldor. Good luck in your future endeavors.

...And all the rest of Andunor and everyone whom this one slave had the pleasure to interact with.

Eo Vew

Re: Zenar Sailing Away

Post by Eo Vew » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:38 am

Zenar was always amazing. Sad to see her go. Any slave would be hard pressed to be as obedient, dutiful and useful as Zenar.

Iymosk and Mayala await her arrival in T'lindhet.

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 pm

Zenar was great! I was super nervous about a PC slave IG so I'm glad we could make.things interesting. I really admire how involved you were as a player looking to expand upon plots etc. And the blood magic rping that out hah. Zenar was a bwael slave. Now Ravares will need to file her own nails and wash her own hair. The horror!
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Godspeed Zenar. Even the snooty, slave disparaging Ilphaeryl liked her. Thanks for hangin' with us!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Might-N-Magic

Post by Might-N-Magic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:03 am

I feel like I have just witnessed the breaking of a 1,000 year old piece of fine china. I am at a loss, but understand.

You were great, Zenar. I'm sorry to see her go.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:40 pm

I loved playing with Zenar, and had an absolute ball watching her story as Laelda. Sorry the times never lined up to get as into those lessons as we wanted to, but I look forward to seeing your next PC!

Peachoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Peachoo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 pm

I'm a little sad I only got a few interactions in before your retired her, but good luck on your next pc!!

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Zenar was a fantastically played slave. Always enjoyed the interactions I've had with her, across two characters now! I look forward to your next character!

notnow

Post by notnow » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:20 pm

She will be missed. Never seen a slave played so well as far as feeling they were in a position they deserved and trying to be the best slave she could be. Real motivations of accepting that she would always be a slave so better put herself in the best position in a strong house so she could be comfortable as time went and she got older on was brilliant. Loved trying to draw out any of her remaining individuality and sense of who she was when they we first met.. before everyone started rituals and experiments on her.

I had always meant to use her for information and wanted to try to inspire her to be a bit more rebellious and help him with some plots but didn't want to put her at odds with her masters and (like in all of Lynn's plans to sew chaos) he just ended up enjoying their friendship too much to go through with the worst of things.