Superiority/Quistillia Song's going back to work Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

JustMonika

Superiority/Quistillia Song's going back to work Kudos

Post by JustMonika » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:26 am

So as some of you may know I have been unfortunately bedridden these last three weeks, and trapped at home with nothing to do but Arelith. [How terrible, I hear you say.]

Alas now my leg is well enough to return to work, and my near endless Arelith time will resume to GMT evenings and weekends, meaning I may never see some of you lovely people again and others I will see far less often. So in honor of that here goes -

First and formost, my nemsisis Aremis Kelios, the grumpy old man of Cordor, for his skills as arch antagonist, and doing everything they could to keep politics and Cordor thriving between elections.

The love interest, the wonderfully written Lady Elspeth Derlson. Your writing skills are formiddable, and I've throughly enjoyed Song's steady fall from grace at her hands.

My Cordor Guard. - Commander Elias, the paperwork obessed - I couldn't ask for a more engaging guard Commander who always finds a way to give everyone someone to do. Duster, Sunveil, two steady friends who gave Song some joy in the time she had.
Springtide - You know why.
Kingsley - One of those names that just keeps coming up.
And a big shout out to all my recruits.

House Waynolt for [Redacted Reasons] Including Duncan, Shanna, Leon, Aika, and others.

High Justice Hospitality.
Um.
Ah.
Well...

My favourite female dwarf, for all her soul searching and honest friendship.

The Order of the Stranger, Feat Taneli, Emma, Tug, and many others - For keeping the foot in the door of salvation.

My dearest Isabel, whom both I and Song believe is the finest Trade Minister Cordor has ever seen, and for all the Gin and Friendship.

Also to Song's apprentice, Lottie, for giving her one last chance to share her dubious wisdom.

And for everyone that's been with Song on the eight year journey it took her to get this far. Not least Roland Asen, and Ariel Vankova, but also the Church of Shar, the Church of Bane, the Shields of Guldorand, all my now deceased Wharftown family, my favourite Sharrisian, the Elves of Myon, and many many others.

Thanks for a great eight years of Superiority Song.

Her tale is not quite told yet, but she's by far and away my favourite piece of fiction I've written and I couldn't have done it without you, everyone I've mentioned and all those I've not been able to.

Also the DMs and Admiins of Arelith, Particularly DM Avalon Soul, without whose smiting this latest chapter would not have been possible.

Temporarily back to Arelith and currently Lilliana Snowfire.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

D4wN

Re: Superiority/Quistillia Song's going back to work Kudos

Post by D4wN » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:50 am

I love every interaction with you! I hope we still get to see each other IG!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

monkeywithstick
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by monkeywithstick » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:59 am

Great to hear you're no longer laid up. I have really enjoyed the twists and turns this far. I think Izzy's a bit more white knuckled however ;-).
Characters: Izzy, short for Isabel. Shaena Ash.

maxpolishguy

Post by maxpolishguy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Nix will miss song around. “Thfanks” for all the wonderful RP.

Test Drive

Post by Test Drive » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:17 pm

Love having Song around, hopefully we'll bump into each-other sooner or later!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 pm

l o s s

Quistillia is a great antagonist for old man grumpywings. Thanks for all the fun.

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:57 am

Seriously fun character! Hopefully our paths will still cross.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Let it be known that on this day, Quistillia Song, also known as Clarity, also known as Elsie, also known as Superority Song, Also known as the Song Sisters, lastly known as Verity Song-Derlson, has been slain.

With no god to save her soul, she was slain by the followers of the Church she once championed.

I will miss her and all of you very much. She was my favourite roleplaying character I've ever played in any system, and lasted nearly a solid nine years of Arelith. Her inaction helped destroy Benwick, her actions helped destroy Wharftown.

So many people, most listed above have been such an influence and her life, from the random passers by in Cordor to her Church and the Radient.

She will miss you all.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:17 pm

<3 BIG HUGS YOU'RE AWESOME

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:28 pm

It was good to provide an interesting event for Quistilla near her end.. I'm looking forward to seeeing what comes up next! :)
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:49 pm

We only ever really interacted briefly during the Benwick event, but nice going with Quistillia! Even just catching that small glimpse into her story (and hearing much about her from other PCs) was enough to make me interested in her character. Looking forward to whoever your next incarnation will be.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:06 pm

I'm speechless.. I thoroughly enjoyed RP with Song/you. So many moral dillema's, so many great philosophical conversations. I was truly looking forward to more of that in the future. You will be missed. I hope you will find enjoyment out of whatever character concept you come up with next.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Worth noting in the last three years I never did find a player for Song's daughter.
I don't believe in playing my own PC's children, but should anyone ever want to play her, you're most welcome to!

Thank you foralll the support everyone.
I enjoyed all of you as much as you enjoyed Song.

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Coming in a bit on the sideline, as my character no doubt had close to zero impact on Quistilla, and had I known it was this close I would've engaged further in what Derristan and Quistilla spoke about, but unfortunately other things took the aging Axe's focus elsewhere (he also didn't trust her!)

It's always so interesting to me to meet a character that's been around for so long, just to get a glimpse of all the history and not to mention the things Quistilla surely has been through. At least the talk our toons had turned out a little longer then intended as other topics popped up and I'm glad for that, I just wish there were a couple more meets!

Best of luck to whatever's next to you!

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:27 pm

Interium wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:03 pm
Coming in a bit on the sideline, as my character no doubt had close to zero impact on Quistilla, and had I known it was this close I would've engaged further in what Derristan and Quistilla spoke about, but unfortunately other things took the aging Axe's focus elsewhere (he also didn't trust her!)

It's always so interesting to me to meet a character that's been around for so long, just to get a glimpse of all the history and not to mention the things Quistilla surely has been through. At least the talk our toons had turned out a little longer then intended as other topics popped up and I'm glad for that, I just wish there were a couple more meets!

Best of luck to whatever's next to you!
He might have been more important than you think!
After Qustillia was thrown out of Cordor by Aremis, she had to choose between suicide, attempting redemption, or embracing Shar.
Every conversation she had with a PC in that period weighed in on one side or another,and Derristan, along with Tanli and Aura, and her Dwarven friend with the hard to remember name, and Tug, were the onces who convinced her to try to do what little good she could.

If he'd threatened her, turned away her request and insulted her, her story could have turned out very differently...

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Heartbreaking.

The fires of the revolution shall burn twice as bright for we wish that you were here.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:49 pm

I remember Quistillia made a character of mine a basin item and you've added in the description that it was enchanted by the shadow weave and that the item has semi-certain effects on the mortal mind over time. I loved it. You had the Pufferfish to do that and it opened up several crossroads for my character. Memorable character for sure!
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:51 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:49 pm
I remember Quistillia made a character of mine a basin item and you've added in the description that it was enchanted by the shadow weave and that the item has effects on the mortal mind over time. I loved it. You had the Pufferfish to do that and it opened up several crossroads for my character. Memorable character for sure!
Awe thanks. I used to do those all the time. There are dozens of cursed items out there - Assuming they've not been destoryed in the meantime.
Power should always come at a price. Thanks for playing along.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:49 am

One should post a broken heart only.
I massively enjoyed RPing with Song and the troubled relationship with her; Elspeth will be missing her just as massively.

Super lots of kudos ( ... kudoi?) to one of the best RPers I met on Arelith <3 !

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)