Aerik Northman's Farewell

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Apothys
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Aerik Northman's Farewell

Post by Apothys » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:35 am

Well it had to happen one day. The Wolf of Sencliff has finally been rolled. I didn't announce my leaving in game, merely disappeared into the night.

In some way i regret i didn't go out with a bang or a big farewell, but i get real anxious about big events centred around myself and thought this was best. Given that the Cliff now has more players than ever and weve finally got some order to the chaos, time to let others take charge and earn a name for themselves without Aeriks shadow upon them.

What to say... well Aerik was immense fun to play and the only toon i managed to stick with past like 10th level for any extended period of time. Raised in Skal as a young heroic barbarian whose vision was to face down the pirates of Sencliff and protect his homeland from there raids... Obviously it all went wrong and he was defeated and offered a deal by the insidious Dante Evermoore to join the pirates in exchange for the safety of Skal. From there some of you have witnessed his spiral into darkness, Trained by Gristle Gliitertush, Attacks on the Nomad, His embracing of the curse of Lycanthropy, The controversial Road Wars, The artificier wars on Skal, The Battle of Weatherstone, The releasing of Vampires upon Guldorand, Skirmishes with Vance and his followers from Andunor, recently a struggle with the Deep Legion and some more secretive forces that shall remain unnamed, his Werewolf attacks on full moons, all the while constantly hunted by Elven war parties and Bainite crusaders. Not to mention the numerous pirate crews that rose up and tried to take power. Been a good life, full of adventure, whatever has happened to Aerik hes smiling fondly as he looks back on his life.

So i'd like to thank everyone that took the time to RP with Aerik, as his infamy grew it got harder and harder to get more than a single line out before the pitchforks started waving, but thats fine, i got used to that and accepted why. I would start a list, give out Kudos to some players but now im thinking about it... theirs so many. Your all great, DMs are great, even you one lining Mooks :)

So i leave you with Aeriks usual Warcry off "BY THE FURIES GIVE ME STRENGTH!" (hits barbarian rage button) and ill see you on the next toon.

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

Vespidae

Re: Aerik Northman's Farewell

Post by Vespidae » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Aerik was a phenomenon. I loved serving him as Luma Cualli, and fighting him as Duster. Iconic pirate action!

Nobs

Post by Nobs » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:55 pm

*Marcus walks of with tears in his eyes*

Rasha

Post by Rasha » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Aerik was part of my previous character’s “A-Team”. His love and friendship will never be forgotten. I wish we had more time to RP on my new toon, as well, but when it is time, it is time. Everything I knew of Aerik was glorious. Much love, for always, Brother.

-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-

Rasper
Vesra Maa've
Tessa O'Shea

Pie Rats:

Ravenna

Dead Pie Rats:

Sazal' Dro'Vaalvaz
Wilhelmina Vehk "Billy"
Asrynda Maethe Caesonia "Mae"
Moray Evermoore

satan

Post by satan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Aww man that sucks. My legion character has some slow building drama with sencliff and I was hoping they would one day meet (and hopefully have some sort of epic duel to cap it all off)

Aeric was the endboss
Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Cain await him in the shadows. <3
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Vylarah

Post by Vylarah » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Loved the character throughout all of my previous incarnations, from my drow monk/shadowdancer, to my noble elf pirate. It was an honour. Fare thee well, brave son of Skal.
Current Character: Artemis Baatori
Current Alt: ???

flamingfist03
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by flamingfist03 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:19 pm

*sob* Jackie will miss the Wolf*sob*

Jaqlin

Post by Jaqlin » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:47 pm

I would say this, Aerik Northman was in my eyes are good villian. I loved him around.. From Anavia/Milanaith.

xalaram

Post by xalaram » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:34 pm

It was fun playing with you on Nenia, thanks for coming and lending your strength for the Guldorand Crypt mission!

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:58 am

You will be missed. Aerik had such an impact on the world around him and many are sad to see him go :(

Naytle Crysmus

Post by Naytle Crysmus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:40 am

As a player, your proclivity for exceptional RP is only matched by Aerik's tendency for reckless, halfbaked plans. The character will be missed, but his contribution to all of our stories - and the server as a whole - is engrained in history; one for the ages.
I only got to meet Aerik on a fluke, with him stumbling around the UD like a bumbling knucklehead with his crew in tow. It was one of the greatest flukes ever. I hope that Every Single Character that I ever play, I get the opportunity to interact with you once again. I expect nothing but the best RP, because you never provided anything less before.
-Vich