And that's all she wrote

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

this is not for you

And that's all she wrote

Post by this is not for you » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:24 am

Hey friends,

It should come as no surprise to anyone that I'm putting up my first(?) and final Paige Kudos. It has been a long time since I've gotten so engaged and played a PC longer than my usual 4 month turn over, I think I got just shy of a year of Paige-Mileage, and really I want to come out here and thank the community for making it all possible.

Arcane Tower's old guard, (and returned guard!) for giving me a reason to try hard and do my best to make RP happen,
Everyone who has ever suffered through my events!
RICK SNYDER and EMILY AZURETIDE for being great supportive role models
ZATHLAN FEN'AR for being my rock, my supportive buddy, my bullspit shield
GARRETT KELSON, Paige's best friend, and strongest ally against the degenerates and intrigue
SOLVIEG. MY BUDDY.
DROSSAICO???? Unlikely confidant???!
KATALIN BERSK. The absolute UNIT. I have never seen anyone with such devotion and energy. You went out there with the steel chair and you EARNED the stage. That was the best arc I have ever seen. You shine on you crazy diamond.
MARCUS ORIVAN. Miss you buddy. Know I had to do it to 'em. You are the backbone of the library. you made it happen. You kept me going when I got tired with your endless enthusiasm.
CIARAN GRADY. I tell the beer bathwater story at parties dude.
DM SOLLERS. UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST TALENTED STORY-TELLING DM I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE TO EXPERIENCE.
Whistler the Kenku, this NPC deserves praise.
DIMITRIOS HAL-NYXOS, beep boop
CATALINA DE VALLIE, we got you at level 4 and it was a ride until the end.
BUPPI. I love buppi. I have always loved buppi. I am team buppi and I will die on this hill. I love the character development. His friendship to maintain IC was rewarding and fun and amazing. 10/10.
PERAM FLINT. friends? enemies? who knows. this guy has Pufferfish.
SYDNEY HARROW. you know what's up.
THE BANE BOYS.

Honestly I played paige so long it's all a blur, I hardly remember everything, but I want to to thank everyone who made my last arelith character a blast.

I took a long time sitting on my feelings to see how my emotions were going to pan out, after the wild, turbulent month of changes, updates, staff changes, policy changes, so on and so forth. I started my NWN experience on Arelith, its community have been my friends and support network through the majority of my life, through the good and the bad. I remember being a small, new, starry eyed player and looking on in awe of veteran players, all the plots and stories and things they did and hoping one day I'd be cool enough one day, people would talk about the wild things I made happen with the same fondness and joy.

I became a DM early on in my tour on Arelith, Mithreas gave me a chance despite my youth to prove myself. I don't know if I ever did, but boy howdy it was a wild ride. From the embarrassing mess that was Maplebox, to the slightly less mess of Quill, to my final iteration of Chiliad, it was my greatest source of pride to be able to say I helped manage and entertain this wonderful community. So, thank you all for suffering through with me, my player-side characters, my DM side unfinished plots like the wild hunt and the queens boys and everything else. Big ol thanks to the DM team over the years for being solid and, honestly doing the best they can with the tools they have to make this place run smoothly.

In my last few months, I know I've become toxic, bitter, salty, and so unhappy it's rubbing off on the people around me. It's not good for me, and it's definitely not good for the community. So it's time to say good bye and shove off to find a place that's a better fit for me.

I'll be around for a few days to tie up loose ends in game with paige, hand out goodies, say bye, and dissolve into meme dust. I'll be handing arelith 3.0 off to one of my modstaff there in a few days here, which will continue to remain up out of spite.

As Artos always said, "they'll be back", so maybe one day I'll return when I'm up for it. But for now, Arelith, my sweet, my first love. This is good bye. Thanks for the memories.

Dean

Re: And that's all she wrote

Post by Dean » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:30 am

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:07 am

You've always been a pillar of this community ever since I joined. Each character of yours has been a blast, from smallest Knight of the Road to unorthodox Malarite, to tiny and tall witches and paladins. Each has been memorable, each has left their mark. Each time I knew there would be a real drive for a story to go on, and it's always been a blast to see it go or even partake when able. Your time spent as a DM didn't go unnoticed, and with your leave Arelith will feel a gap that'll never be filled. Go find new hills to explore, dungeons to conquer, dragons to slay. But always know there's people here who'll be glad to welcome you back if you want.

For all you did for me and the talks we had, serious or not, thanks. Keep in touch, yeah? <3

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:50 am

We didn't interact terribly often, but I loved your PCs and I loved the marks they made on the world. The wonderful strangeness you made with Sully was a part of what pushed me into finally giving warlock a go myself, and I'm hugely grateful for having been fortunate enough to stumble across THE TREE after the plot was done and just soak up that delicious description. Your characters have that realness to them that's hard to quantity, but makes them seem like more like living people than words on the text feed of a twenty-year old game.

Sorry to hear that you're going, but you have to do what's best for you. You've made wonderful things here and, whether you eventually decide to come back or not, you should absolutely be proud of them.

Have fun out there!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am

Thank you for all the memories. I hope you find and enjoy other ventures to express your creativity. All the best to you and Beans.

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

Cobblewobble

Post by Cobblewobble » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:06 am

I look forward to playing with you again when you come back.
Peram Flint (rolled), Glorin Grimspell (rolled) Everec Everstraum (rolled)

Peachoo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Peachoo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:28 am

You've been nothing but welcoming and kind to me since I first came back to NWN after a 5-6 hiatus for reasons I won't state here. You and many others invited me into the community from an ooc standpoint, and it's because of you I've made so many wonderful friends and shared in so many exciting adventures. Thank you so much for your time and friendship.

I really hope that this isn't goodbye, permanently. We'll be here when you get back. Until then, see you space cowboy.

(Please also keep in touch, i love your ferret so much)

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:41 pm

I didn't get the chance to interact with Paige too much, but they were great moments and really showed the quality of your RP skills. Thanks for everything! I wish you happiness wherever you go.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 am

Thank you for all of the good times! Even though I wasn't one of the main players of your divination plot, the vision you gave my character gave me a lot of ideas on how I could RP being a diviner. Thank you for including me in that plot.

With Paige, she was a fantastic character, and one of Garrett's few true friends. I don't think I can really summarize how great the story was and watching her grow as a character, so here's a bunch of screenshots and drawings. I'll provide URLs with some images that are too wide for the forum.

Paige's first class was fun.
http://cloakandcoffee.ca/stuff/arelith/ ... tism03.png

http://cloakandcoffee.ca/stuff/arelith/ ... tism09.png

Paige's warlock class
http://cloakandcoffee.ca/stuff/arelith/ ... _class.png

And the Book Faire was wonderful.
http://cloakandcoffee.ca/stuff/arelith/book_faire2.png

We got to explore the spellhold. There are some interesting things in there.

Paige got some interesting speedies.

Some really interesting speedies.

But she was a good woman with wholesome interests. Like coffee.

And books.

And God.
http://cloakandcoffee.ca/stuff/arelith/ ... _pious.png

I don't have nearly enough drawings of Paige sadly. I started an effort one, and then got sidetracked drawing Paige as an actual mage hound.

Sometimes she was angry.

But she always loved to come over for some spicy tea.

Thank you Tinfy for all of the RP. It was a pleasure playing the game with you.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 am

We only interracted a few times, but they were always fun! And I think my character now has an idea of what it is like to be a bit like Paige. All the best to you IRL and hopefully this is not a permanent goodbye.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Complex
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Complex » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:44 pm

You are my Arelith mentor. I joined the Azure after being on the server for one week and both you and Aergnist (Tserlog) took me under their wings and helped me every time I needed it.

To come back with Marcus and be able to “give back” was one of the coolest things, and his death was and still is one of my favorite RP moments.

Kudos to you, and thank you for all.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:20 pm

You're my favorite.

Done.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:16 am

10/10 would angrily defend the use of the word 'bus' for in public again

i love you

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

InTheFlesh

Post by InTheFlesh » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:27 am

Remember when we listened to Game Grumps compilations together

Good times, also good Arelith times. Thanks for tolerating Rhaeg

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:22 am

I've been a long term player of NWN since it was released but I always looked up to your characters when I first came to Arelith; from Lissa all the way to Bersk, we've always had intersecting Venn diagrams. Thanks for all the fun.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Zariu

Post by Zariu » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:57 am

I'd like to give an odd kudos as my character and yours have never met, and possibly never will. But as Kyana digs further into the library she has become familiar with Paige's name and the many ways she has touched the library. Thank you for all the effort you and she put in on such a marvel.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:43 pm

My interaction with you has mostly been with Vivian LaChance. That witch really brought out the best my Hoarran could offer at the time. Thank you for that. Either or not I've participated in your DM events, I dont know, but I have no doubt they were a blast because you're such a good writer and creative thinker. You're very good with people, I think, and I'm sure you'll do well in whatever dungeon you DM next in whatever game you play next. I hope you'll come back one day while I'm here.
Last edited by AstralUniverse on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:01 pm

I have loved your characters since the first iteration of guards we had together. While we haven't had the opportunity to play together recently, my most fondest memories when I look back on Arelith include you. From actual cannibal Jenna Le'len to the wickedly insane Vivian LeChance.

I think back to all those memories and know that on every character you've made, you have been one of the most inclusive story-tellers ever. Arelith is a bit smaller and a bit darker in your absence. Take care of yourself Jinxy, and I hope you come back someday with some new wacky character-idea that once more leaves their mark on Arelith history.

three wolf moon

Post by three wolf moon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:09 pm

i really enjoyed paige and am sad to see her go

good luck in what you do!

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Derristan had a few but very memorable moments with Paige. From her sitting on his shoulders to fight a huge demon to explaining what critical thinking means. I truly enjoyed Paige and her many apparatuses and I really supported the Azure Scrolls initiative too, to try and make magic something slightly more rare on Arelith. I thought it was such a great idea. With that said our meetings were quite few but always entertaining.

Paige always made me laugh and I really enjoy characters with some flaws. I hope wherever you end up will be better for you but that you'll come back and visit sometime, Arelith loses a really good roleplayer!

I found this screenshot of their first meeting with an uinfortunately timed messenger.