Ro

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Seven Sons of Sin

Ro

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Phew! Today I rolled Ro. Took a lot longer than expected. Want to give some shout outs that made him so fun to play.

First and foremost, to Isak Datson. Honestly, what got the ball rolling for a lot of his arc, and the willingness for the character (and player) to take a chance was great. Their small moments were super-charged with such fun and strong characterization that they were great moments.

Second, Ezekiel Klennald. There were many red flags with Ro joining the Shields, but whether it was the wisdom of the priest or the inclusivity of the player, it immediately gave me as a player so much to latch onto. Everything in Guldorand was a real treat.

Third, Sarai Mercer. A source of conflict throughout Ro’s arc, and his close confidant. She created much roleplay when she was alive – and still generated a lot when she was gone.

Derristan. Part of why I rolled was because I never wanted he and Ro to have another conversation. That sort of tragedy I felt embodied in Derristan’s world-weary and hopeful charisma – and Ro’s, too. I loved every moment with the First Ax.

Jennalee Brynn / Diana Nerelith. I cheated here and included both. Jenna was arguably Ro’s first real “friend”, and her death carried a significant emotional impact. Diana was there to see Ro’s fall, and their uneasy alliance was a treat.

Tyros. Praise God. The transition from Shield-to-Banite was a cool thing for me to experience as a roleplayer, and it likely wouldn't have happened without the deftness of his Tyros and the Church. What a blast.

And to many in Ro’s circles that all allowed him to “rgh” as much as possible – Kross, Korlic, Aubrey, Raeg’wynn, Ollie, Tognark, and likely many more who’s names just aren’t coming to me now.

Kudos to everyone else along the way that made feeling a half-orc – or sorry, orc, fun. Ro was my first non-human since my first ever Arelithian character and it was refreshing to see how culture and race seeped into roleplay.

Cheers and rgh.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Ro

Post by woodbreeze » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:24 am

I loved Ro so much. 10/10 best boy, such a well rounded, heart wrenching story that could've really gone in any direction. Props to you for making a character so easy to love and so captivating.

I planned to confront him on Sarai one last time, but ending up rolling first. :sob: here's to hoping he maybe paid off that debt.

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Sat May 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Wow, what a character Ro was, so many layers and much depth. It saddens me to hear he's rolled but I'm glad I got to roleplay with him before he disappeared to who knows where, their final talk inspired some hope for sure, at least for Derristan regarding his former Shield. The world is not just pretty flowers, it's also dark and grim. Ro reminded me of this and I liked that a lot about him. Dark and brooding without being neccessarly overly cruel or cliché evil.

A very consistent character.

Cheers for the roleplay and again. I'm really glad my toon got to sit down with Ro for a final talk before you rolled!

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:39 pm

I very much enjoyed the super-sneaky RP with Ro and Isak, for as long as it lasted! Sad I didn't get to see what ended up happening to him after they parted ways. Thanks for the RP, hope to run into you on your next character!

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:12 pm

I loved Ro. It's as simple as that :P

He and Jenn had many 'real' talks, and their friendship was so genuine it made me cry when I learned of this post. I'm honored that my characters held a place in his story. You are a legend of Arelith and a great rp'er. A giant kudos to you! Thanks for the rp and hope to see you around soon!
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved

Shaeris

Post by Shaeris » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:23 am

It was funny for me to see how one, passing comment in a pub lead to Ro insisting to be hired as my pc's maid for days on end. Funnier even to instead have him stumble down the good ol' Banite rabbit hole.

Good times, good roleplay. I had fun trying to mess with him on the warlock. Ro was pretty cool. Best of luck with whatever you play next.
Past Characters: Shaeris Sedranas, Katrysa Seran, Zarune, Nishara Sedranas, Maevren Ebonhawk, Syralen, Sevrana (Disguised), Seradria Della'thar.