From Slave, For Salvation

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Drogo Gyslain

From Slave, For Salvation

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Jula Ashald, was a character that was near to me and I created to have a bit of fun in my off time from my main character. Her story was one that was extremely inconsistent, and only picked up near her death and the sacrifice and I have had SOO much fun playing her. Coming from a slave's background, and finding out about herself, turning from the teachings of her god and finding Loviatar, i loved this story and the people who inspired her to finally seek the freedom that everyone wished for her.

To those who meant to her:

Banjo Morgan: God did Jula hate you. From her earliest days of meeting you, seeing how her fellow slaves were kept. God she hated you. But she did enjoy being your barkeep before you died.

Rauthaug: To her second master, Gnoll-master, she was glad to have been of service. It was a fun, and very different RP for me and I enjoyed our time alot before she finally went above ground.

Adenious: Thank you for being understanding of her plight, and letting her be the 'little sister' of the Zhentarim.

Erzsebet: She inspired Jula to finally find freedom. That freedom did not come in the expected way, but it was accepted, and rightfully sought. For her glory.

Melina Willows: Jula's true best friend. Ever since coming above, she has been plagued with doubts. Even as a follower of Auril, she always had a reverence for Melina and enjoyed being close to her. Their talks and girl time were some of the greatest things that she had going, and her final act of leaving her collar for Melina upon her death is something she hopes is carried with her to new and better things.

Lucius: Mel always had good feelings about how Lucius was going to end up. She looked to him like a big brother.

Kross: Big Angry Man. *Hrngg*

Baine: She never got the chance to tease Baine about his very obvious feelings for Mel, but she knew he was important to Mel so she didn't want to be the person to hurt him. Baine was like the brother of her same age she never had, and wished she did. Someone who roughhoused or did cool stuff with. She always enjoyed their hunting and wood gathering trips.

Addy: Addy was Jula's closest friend in Andunor. She loved addy like a sister and wished for her to be all that she can. Jula was very glad that they got to be together one last time, and was so happy to see her start to work on her projects, and become the master wizard she knew she could be.

And to the rest that I interacted with lightly, thank you. May you all continue to shine on in her absence, and look forward to the next great things to come in the story!

BaRKyy

Re: From Slave, For Salvation

Post by BaRKyy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:09 am

First time I've ever seen a kudos mentioning that they hated a character, haha. Thanks though, Jula was always fun.
Jacetuhn Nerelith
Locksryn Vista
Banjo Morgan
Che Firenze
Sly Laenarys
James Hightower

Draco

Post by Draco » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

I didn't realize Lucius even left an impression on her. I'm glad he had an impact on her story in some form. She helped to open his eyes a bit on loyalty, duty, and even slavery.

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Jula was perhaps the coolest slave ever. From our times together on Adalynn, when Jula taught her the harsh lesson of her reality and what a blessing her freedom was, to our times on Melina where they had incredibly interesting discussions on Strength and Bane and what the collar meant to Jula. You are truly a skilled player who brings great experiences to the players around you with such depth to all of your characters. They are extremely believable, extremely complex, and flawed. It is always a pleasure to play alongside you.

Know that both Adalynn and Melina both treasured her. And the send-offs on both characters made my heart melt. I am super excited to see what comes next! <3
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved