Ikarus' (and Ghazghul's) Shelving Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Ikarus' (and Ghazghul's) Shelving Kudos

Post by Aradin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi friends! I'm kinda burned out on NWN & Arelith, so it's time to shelf the ogre mage and his laconic beholder "familiar" for now and play some other games for a while. Happily it came at a great time for his story, with his main goal more or less complete. Here's a little going-away kudos.

The Beastbloods: Arak, Ixin, Karstaag, Orgub, Taurion & all the others
A great bunch of players/characters. Ikarus' entire backstory and his reason for coming to Andunor stemmed out of the reputation of Karstaag and the Scourge and you didn't disappoint! It was fun to be present at a time when the Scourge was going through turmoil and your personalities came out in how you butted heads and dealt with conflict. In all my time as my surface character, I never found a faction with so much history and depth as the Scourge. I look forward to seeing it - and hopefully all of you - when I come back!

The Drow: Lavok Xun'viir, Tebryn Ssambra, Zarrysn Dro'Vaalvaz, Zelos Xun'viir, Zilka Torth & all the others
I went into Ikarus fully ready to butt heads and be at war with you nasty coal elves, so it was a delight to instead make friendships with varied and interesting characters such as yourselves. Whether you dealt with Ikarus, Ghazghul, or both of us, it's always been fun to be around you. You've always been ready to reach out and initiate new adventures and plots, and it made me feel great to be included.

The Humans: Amalie Arcath, Chez Firenze & all the others
What fun to have Ikarus' natural disrespect for humans and slaves get challenged by dynamic, likeable, and successful humans in Andunor. It's been very cool to see how you forged places for yourselves in this unforgiving environment, and how you handle it in your different ways. Underdark humans have been some of the most nuanced and interesting characters I've met on Arelith. Keep it up.

As Ikarus and Ghazghul begin the long journey to far-off Kara-Tur, I look back fondly on their two years in Andunor. I look forward to seeing what it will be like when they return!

Cheers all.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

Red Sector A

Re: Ikarus' (and Ghazghul's) Shelving Kudos

Post by Red Sector A » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Nooooooo....:( Sad 🐼. I enjoyed interacting with your toons in the short time that I was able to. It was very enjoyable! You will be missed! Hope to see ya back!
"Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth"

Neil Peart

Current - Ardul'ala Dro'Vaalvaz - priestess of Kiaransalee

SlamYoJam

Post by SlamYoJam » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:30 pm

I cannot express how much I enjoyed Ikarus, one of the most interesting and well written characters I've met down to the simple way he speaks, his fascinating ogreling tales, his amusing interactions with ghaz and to his flaws and needs shining through in rare moments of emotion,

Zarrysn will look forward to your return!

And I personally will look forward to RPing with such a wonderful person once more! <3

Asher Blackblade - Deceased
Zarrysn Dro'Vaalvaz - Left for Sshamath
]Clonk - Sailed to green pastures
Yrrget Bloodstalker - Current main

BaRKyy

Post by BaRKyy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Thank you for the kudos, but this is one of my favourite characters ever :/ I hope you find some things that make you far happier, and come back with a fresh breath into this server. You are amazing!
Jacetuhn Nerelith
Locksryn Vista
Banjo Morgan
Che Firenze
Sly Laenarys
James Hightower

Aroura

Post by Aroura » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:30 am

It's hard to hate a human who is so incredibly charming!
And humble, too! Very humble. The most humble.

In all seriousness, you were a joy to interact with IC and OOC. Many good memories!

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:45 am

I'm sad to see Elder Ikarus go as my experience with him as well his role in our monster community has been heavily positive, being one of the very supporting pillars of our tribes, will take some time to get used with to the idea on his lack of presence.
Ikarus was one of the very few trusted kin that allowed Karstaag to lower his guard to be vulnerable, as two worked together how to best serve the Scourge's vision for all monster races.

Rest, get refreshed and return to us with new monstrous ideas for us when ready!
We will be here when you return!

Blood and glory! For the Scourge! For Elder Ikarus!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:10 am

Very sad to see you go - in particular, I really enjoyed your way or writing the ogre accent / heavy speech!

Hope to see you back one day.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:10 am

I only had the one interaction with Ikarus; but he bought a much-loved shred of humour to the UD. Look forward to seeing whatever you come up with when you return!