Mr and Mrs Barley's wedding.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Mr and Mrs Barley's wedding.

Post by Interium » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:20 pm

Yesterday Derristan Barley and Piper Pike finally got married! It only took them about 20 IG years, 10ish of those as engaged, to get there! Me personally I had a blast, there was a lot of fun interactions from the guests, lots of tears, lots of laughs and of course lots of love! I truly enjoyed playing this wedding and it was so much fun to see so many people show up.

Big kudos to:
Piper Pike, star of the show! For getting this ball rolling and setting a date but also for playing such a fun and unique character, the happy couple truly proves the theory that opposites attracts!

To the bridesmaid and groomsmen. Catherine and Geralt Duskwood and Korlic Bungir! The quiet interactions between the group was a joy during the event.

To Meriam Fuzzypaw for engaging the two, for rolling with the flow and also the previous interaction to calm the groom's nerves. I feel I can always count on this player to make things very wholesome and I was not disappointed.

To Thekla Thunderfoot for her help in setting up the stage and the eagerness to see her First Axe finally get married. Special kudos for drawing up a wedding layout too. Efficient! Both Korlic and Thekla did a great job setting the stage, so thank you for that!

To Dora Goodman for her musical accompaniment to truly set the stage for the loving couple.

To Aliana and Elysia for setting up the race and the riddles for the festival afterwards, unfortuntely we never went through riddles but hope to at another time!

To Aurlyn, Saoirse and Ren for their great performance towards the end of the festival!

For the the amazing homemade gifts too. The work put behind some of the items was truly impressive. So big kudos to Meriam and Maya Fuzzypaws, Aurlynn and Aldros Rivorndir, Vance Gravelle, Barg, Saoirse, Samantha Goodman and Nina for your creativity.

And finally a big kudos to everyone who showed up to make the event special.
The screenshots were taken by Korlic, Eliath, Angela and Meriam.
He did dip the bride!

There was a lot of people!
Lots and lots!

The stains were from red wine damnit!

Rigela

Re: Mr and Mrs Barley's wedding.

Post by Rigela » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Just want to echo the praise (and patience for how long it took them!) of all those involved. Each helped make it a special occasion, from the rambunctious crowd and eager festival goers to all who helped set it up, make outfits for it and put in some serious work for gifts, some of you put real life wedding gifts to shame!

Couldn't have asked for a better turnout and festival afterwards.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Rogaku

Post by Rogaku » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Sad I missed it but sounds like a damn good time! : )
Major Characters:
Lacroix Sudentan (Deceased) , Rory Tate (Retired), Harcourt Fentyon: (Deceased) , Rachielle Du Vernais (Deceased) . Aloysious Valoheim (Retired), Troius Meridio (Deceased), Earnhardt Creid (Deceased)

MrHishprung

Post by MrHishprung » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:48 pm

Shame i couldnt stay longer on the party :(
But the opportunity to see this wedding by myself was great fun! (Even I've got a bit emotional at some point >.>)

Even if im not that often on surface right now, im hoping to see the freshly wed couple together <3
Best luck and love for Barley's.
Esta - Active Main
Queen of Penguins Lyne'arra - Semi-active Alt
Xyrmoira "Ghost" - Semi-active Alt
Eliath Jaluisurr - Shelved
Vegs - Shelved

Taerl

Post by Taerl » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 pm

This was one wedding a character of mine could not miss (Trizzon). Probably the most anticipated wedding on Arelith if ya ask me. You guys imo did it right. The RL time you guys dated, were engaged and eventually going thru with it, freakin awesome. Most folks have gone thru 5 characters in that time frame if not more, lol. Or some have gone thru 3 wives by that time. Just Impressive you two.

I laughed so much at everything/everyone. The stories were great and his show of his love for her in public, THAT was amazing to watch the reactions. I swear there had to be at least 5 couple that responded to that by either taking each others hands or just moving closer if not truly a couple yet.

So many people put so much time, effort and thought into this event, it really showed why I love this server so much. Even if I was keeping to myself, it was a blast and damn happy I didn't miss it.

Kudos to everyone there for making it so a fun time.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:32 am

Really sad I missed this - Derristan and Piper are both so much fun! Stupid job.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PeterRasta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Amazing wedding, and a long time coming! Even though I heard it held a fair bit of scandal, like there being two best men, heh.. Scandalous.
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:41 am

Loved the wedding! And on a bear rug to boot - hopefully it survived :P Catherine's best and oldest friends - the "Grizzly" Barleys! (You know - the whole island used to call Derristan the Grizzly, it's true).

NMan7496
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by NMan7496 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:46 am

I'm really glad Mather got to be there, having become close to Derristan these past few years I am glad he was able to see this wedding, finally, happen before leaving. Piper and Derristan are the best!
Characters:
- Eleanor Allias, Paladin of Selûne

Former:
- Mather Allias, Elrith Ferein, Simone Beregnor-Springscar, Thalia Loreas