DM Titania

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Misericordus
Arelith Platinum Supporter

DM Titania

Post by Misericordus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:52 am

In-character events have drawn me into several of your plotlines recently and they were fantastic and dynamic as always, but more importantly I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to you for the kindness, positivity, integrity, leniency, and devotion to this community that I have seen you unflinchingly maintain for as long as I've been here — several years, now.

You are an inspiration and a cherished pillar of this community.

DeepWebAssassin

Re: DM Titania

Post by DeepWebAssassin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 am

Currently Playing:
Veras Edrix
(Discord: narcopolo)

three wolf moon

Post by three wolf moon » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:59 am

Titania, I've loved your recent plot events, and found you to be a consistently positive force on the server. I've been on Arelith for a long time, and feel you're one of the better DMs the server has ever had.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:07 am

god i love titania

https://youtu.be/C8xrpvOhYRE
🤡

Za-Lord~s Guard

Post by Za-Lord~s Guard » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:28 am

Titania is the preferred flavor of DM for all faerie folk.
"I don't believe in fairies!" - Harry Dresden, the Dresden Files

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 am

DM Titania is an absolute angel. I love her and everything she's done for this community, for long as I've been apart of it. I've never seen a DM more hands on with the community, who truly puts spirit and creativity into whatever she creates. A true story teller.

I'm going to share with you guys some of my experiences with her. I can't remember all of them, but these are just a few of them that have meant the world to me. It really created an experience for me here on Arelith, something I probably won't ever forget.

My first few experiences with Titania was YEARS back when I was first playing my elf ranger, Saelys. I had a few cool encounters with her involving the Spirit Animal event, where my character had to make a few difficult decisions involving these drow poachers and the penguin spirit. It resolved itself later on, but I remember that being a great developing point for my character's personality. I remember her getting deeply involved with the Grove players at the time, and setting up this really cool ritual that we preformed in the middle of the jungle to restore the lost/wounded spirits. I remember this whole cool bit with the panther spirit, especially.

I remember encountering some drow npcs of hers again in the middle of some sacrificial ritual outside the Aurilite Temple. I'm not the best with the mechanics of the game, so of course I ended up dying. But instead of letting my character just die, I ended up getting pulled into some walk through the temple as a hostage, and going back and forth with her npcs in sass. I remember being really shaky and nervous, and at the end my elf did try to backstab the drow priestess while she was alone and wounded from the previous fight, which was such a thrilling moment for me personally.

Some of the encounters that I've had more recently would be with my character Sarai.

The dragon in the Minmir Giant Caves. Probably one of my favorite NPCs tbh. He was sassy, poised, and your story book example that sometimes you don't always have to fight everything with a big red name. We had a small group later encounter the dragon and find out that you could earn its favor. My character being an undercover spy in Guldorand at the time went and passed on information to the 'Beans' and co. There was a little bit of a rivalry to see who could please the dragon more, each with their own plan involving the dragon. It stirred up a lot of noise in both worlds, and all together was an exciting story line.

The shadow raids. It not only impacted Guldorand, but it was something that ended up shaking the whole island. It was contagiously exciting, and there was plenty for everyone to be involved with. I remember all the preprations. The orb devices designed it so that various factions could get involved, and there was a scare of people trying to steal the devices. I remember getting approached by her NPC at the time, Gordon, and having a really tense conversation about Guldorand's location of the orb. My character ended up selling Guldorand out, which not many people might know (sorry guys lol), but I thought it was a great example of some of the great conflicts that Titania's managed to create in the stories she's driven.

Image (context: was actually talking about a dead body, lol.)

Titania shapes the world of Arelith through all her contributions, big and small, seen or not. I'm not alone in my thoughts that there truly is no other DM like her, and I am so thankful for all the attention and love that she puts into her creations; from lovable NPCS to earth moving plots.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:20 am

+1

Titania is a hero.

DM Dionysus

Post by DM Dionysus » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:23 am

I get to watch some of Titania's events behind the scenes. There's a lot of work that goes in to them. Great person to DM with.

Imperatrix

Post by Imperatrix » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 am

Titania adds so much colour and life with her NPCs and I'm happy every time I get to interact with them. Mila Brown is bae.

She's also one of the kindest and most forgiving people in the universe and we don't deserve her.

R0GUE

Post by R0GUE » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:11 am

DM Titania helped me through a rough patch a few weeks ago. She is very giving and caring and does really give a lot to the community. Her NPCs may seem gruff, but I know it's just her character. ;)

DM Ricebowl

Post by DM Ricebowl » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:22 am

While somewhat recent Titania was a great help in teaching me things as well as allowing my to run my own stuff in the middle of one of their events. It was a blast to DM as well as watch from the side.

Vatheril

Post by Vatheril » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 am

Big fan!

I still to this day talk about the Palladium War with friends and all the ridiculous shenniagans that Ada got up to because of Titania's hard work. It was some of my favorite moments on Arelith. Big big thank you Titania for creating such wonderful events and stories. :D

Shaeris

Post by Shaeris » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:25 am

I've always enjoyed interacting with Titania's characters, who in my eyes always manage to breathe life into the day-to-day on goings of the server.

Not to mention that between her willingness to help others and her dedication to running all manner of on-going stories, my experiences with her as a DM have only ever been great. It takes a good amount of care to keep all of that up as long as someone liker her has, and it honestly shows.

If you're reading this, Titania, know that you've a lot of people who appreciate what you do for Arelith. You're good people.
Past Characters: Shaeris Sedranas, Katrysa Seran, Zarune, Nishara Sedranas, Maevren Ebonhawk, Syralen, Sevrana (Disguised), Seradria Della'thar.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:46 am

When I first started DMing, it was Titania who showed me the ropes, and help run my very first itty bitty quest. My observations of her have shown her to always be fair and extremely professional. It's very telling on her attitude, her generosity, her perseverance, her endurance and her professionalism that she is perhaps the oldest DM (by which I mean most long running) on the team right now.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Titania was a DM long before I wrote a single line of code for Arelith. They have always been fair and kind in the way they approach players and team members alike. The thing I like most about them is how cheery and playful they are. Sometimes it's hard to stay positive when everything seems to be going wrong, but Titania always manages. Their helpful nature elevates those around them. Like everyone, they make mistakes, but they go out of their way to be introspective and learn from them.

To address the elephant in the room: the people behind the petition to remove Titania from the team should be ashamed of themselves. Harassing someone who was just doing their job based on rumours and incomplete fragments of information is never the right thing to do.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:43 pm

DM Titania is probably the main reason why I’m still on Arelith.

When I came here for attempt #12 to stick around arelith, DM Titania noticed my character, and over the course of 18 months weaved the worlds story into my story. My little gnome worked her way from student tinkerer to the archmage of Artifice. This was very much the type of DMing I was used to and I was really glad to see it here.

They were also a good support when I was having trouble fitting in with Bendir Dale on that same character and I realized I was better off just resigning as mayor.

All in all, a great boon to the server and I hope for a lot of continued time!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:47 pm

I absolutely respect her professionalism and commitment to the game. She's a treasure to cherish.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 pm

+1
Intelligence is too important

NMan7496

Post by NMan7496 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:19 pm

The countless hours of time and effort Titania puts in and the level of dedication I see from her are greatly appreciated.
Characters:
- Eleanor Allias, Paladin of Selûne

Former:
- Mather Allias, Elrith Ferein, Simone Beregnor-Springscar, Thalia Loreas

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aellowyn » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 pm

I've had the joy of being part of several small and large events Titania has put effort into bringing to life. Some of the interactions still have me laughing. Thank you!

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt

Intrepid42

Post by Intrepid42 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Thank you for the untold hours of effort, time and motivation you have spent giving joy to others.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 pm

Titania really is great with everything she does and is a wonderful part of Arelith. I have enjoyed a lot of even small little interactions in the past which are sometimes even better than large events in my mind, because something small and unexpected really helps spice up the normal course of a day on arelith.

Thank you DM Titania!

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:07 pm

Please don’t leave us alone with the Queen of Air and Darkness, Titania

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:11 pm

Jagel wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:07 pm
Please don’t leave us alone with the Queen of Air and Darkness, Titania
EXCUSE YOU BUDDY.

Also, Titania, you know we on the Team 100% have your back.

Any posts in here defending this disgusting display will be removed, and the poster and I will be having words. Consider this your warning.
What is woven will be.

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Thank you Titania, i may not always agree with your rulings and my character may hate some of yours IG but most of the best events i have been in so far were your doing.