Break the Chains, Reclaim the Shadows.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Arcbled
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Break the Chains, Reclaim the Shadows.

Post by Arcbled » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Given all the inspiration he's put out, all the unique and fascinating perspectives he's given to the RP scene as a whole and all the work he's put into the character, I want to give kudos, applause and a respectful golf-clap to the player of Rhaeg, InTheFlesh.

Tilly was warned that Rhaeg was an incredibly bitter and hostile man before she met him, and only the former turned out to be true. She didn't trust in him all that much until the second time they met, and she still doubted his intentions until she read his book and concluded, "This guy's a lunatic, but he actually means well and that has to count for something."

Never got a chance to talk ICly about Tilly's major takeaways from the book, but I hope that the old curmudgeonly revolutionary's teachings never fades from the server.
"All we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means."

TimeAdept

Re: Break the Chains, Reclaim the Shadows.

Post by TimeAdept » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:23 pm

givin all the money to Rhaeg was the best decision pierce made

what a guy.

a+ character arc would partake again.

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Several characters of mine have agreed with, disliked, disagreed with, tolerated, listened to or dismissed Rhaeg. Some have worked with him in some ways, some have worked against him, some have done a mixture of the two. No matter the specific manner of my engagement with Rhaeg, it has always been involving.

There are very few characters about whom I can say this.

Rhaeg's player has my respect.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

redhawx

Post by redhawx » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 am

From the very start for Falgrim Rhaeg was that weird-strange half-orc he was tasked to give aid due to the fact he was dealing with his Thane in what was a attempt to aid many innocents and mend countless suffering. In due time - he became Thane himself and decided to honour certain old ties despite Rhaeg's reputation.

It was fascinating to be involved on occasion with Rhaeg given his view of politics and his way of life - stood such in stark contrast to Falgrim. Even so there was many things that they agreed on - to one extent or another.

It was as if there was always a certain respect to the dwarven collectivism while parts of it frustrated Rhaeg to no end. Such as - the discipline and the focus on titles and hierarchy.
I think the first thing where they were truly in agreement over - was the worth of labour and it's importance. It was always enjoyable to read anonymous notes from "freedom-fighters" that declared one or another dwarven Thane as the tyrants of Arelith when the islands most famous freedom fighters had not much harmful to say .I really hope that Rhaeg got a fitting end that satisfied his story - finally. Kudos to a great character.

InTheFlesh

Post by InTheFlesh » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Thank you so much, guys. Over the 3-ish RL years since I started playing Rhaeg, I've encountered hundreds and hundreds of PCs who each, in the own way, contributed in some form to a longtime (rather one-sided) ideological struggle. I couldn't possibly begin to name them all, but I would like to give a special kudos to DM Honey for their tireless work on the Hernan/Bastillar plotline. You're genuinely my favorite DM in my 11 years of play here, and I hope you continue your own style of questing.

I'm going to be taking an indefinite leave from the server. There's a decent chance I'll return, but I'm not sure when that will be yet. Thank you again, Arelith, for being the choice gaming-RP vehicle for all these years.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:23 pm

It always seemed like a right of passage when one of my characters got important enough, sure enough, Rhaeg would pop in from the shadows and have a conversation with them It's sad to have that gone but he was an excellent character overall. Hope to see you back soon!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:38 pm

Rhaeg brought such a unique viewpoint to Arelith. I'm very glad I got to rp with him the few times I did!
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Lewtzy

Post by Lewtzy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Rhaeg made Falco jump when he first met him at some important Chancellor thing in Cordor where he stood guard at the time.
It was one of the most interesting character stories I've heard and I am sad to see him gone.
Perhaps we'll meet in the future.

Best Rich Face

Post by Best Rich Face » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:04 pm

https://youtu.be/dY8_vZXo8oY

Bye bye, Rhaeg. We'll start a riot in your honor.