Zarrysn Dro'Vaalvaz Departure

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

SlamYoJam

Zarrysn Dro'Vaalvaz Departure

Post by SlamYoJam » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:55 pm

With the end of Corvid-19 approaching in the UK, responsibility rears it's ugly head round the bend - and thus, I have to focus on my real life ambitions alongside work and stave away from such an addicting game (3000+ hours logged!)

This thread won't specifically focus on Zarrysn, but will focus on all the great people I've had the pleasure to RP alongside during my time on Arelith on /ALL/ characters, so let's get started:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asher Blackblade

Delano - The first person who spiked my interest in the roleplay of Arelith, dragging my jack-of-all-trades pirate away and submitting him to the fear of bane!

The pirate union (Victoria velvet / Dante Evermoore / Gristle) - My first character would not have been as ruthless and cutthroat a pirate without their leadership, they gave my first character a purpose to fight for.

Sazal Dro'vaalvaz - THE witch of Sencliff, never have I known a player to stand by their code as any other, and neither have a I known a character to cause so much division and be remembered in a positive light for it.

Marius Blackwater - Just a badass - the godfather of sencliff, you live by the code or you die by his sword!

Brent Baxter - One of the nicest players I know, and also the biggest instigator of problems on Sencliff, I miss brent!

Aelo - Real chill person in game and out, he added the dynamic of the underdark for Asher, and that's something that lead to many amazing adventures.

Drossaico and Miranda Magna - The two of you were the first Major enemies I ever encountered on Arelith, Asher lost his leg because of you two, and it was one hell of a plot point I'm sad I never got to follow up with vengeance!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dicky Kross

The Helping Hand (You know who you are) - Dicky Kross' partner in crime, the most painful leveling I ever experienced in blackfin, to then use what he learnt for burglary and cons - it was short lived but it was fantastic!

Tatakir Vikari

Marcus Kraus - Tatakirs fighting partner, best friend and partner in crime, never did a Rakshasa think his prey could evolve into his friend

Ruger Rottenstocks - The OG of Sencliff, always there to support his fellow inked and help guide them through thick and thin - Ink is thicker than blood!

Arshh - The first official beast blood pirate I ever met, and one hell of a scary minotaur!

Zarrysn Dro'Vaalvaz

I'll be straight forward, there's too many of you to mention here so I'm just going to list you all by name - all of you shaped and forged Zarrysn to what he was, and helped make my experience in the Underdark 1000 times better.

Lavok
Akorae
Zilvurr'yl
Dris'afein
Udok
Ardul'ala
Tee'Tea
Csslynn
Elvanshalee
Arak
Amalie
Ixin
Tebryn
Arak
Karstaag
Orgub
Ilivxun
Il'lithidil
Alexander
Mar'grath
Vasdra
Glyngolyn
Throckmortius
Valdru'in
Senven
Zarynda
Ama'li
Rose
Twelve
Ikarus and ghaz
House Xel'vraxa
Jhael'dra Mori'hyanda
Iym Fuma'vhid
Terrendaal
Sojourner
Godbrand
Hunter
Cookie
Vermillion
Penthos
Brush
Doctor
Krukt Shadowclaw
Drix
Schezalle
Uri
Gareth
Lucas briggs

Any names I've failed to mention, I apologise, there's a lot of people - I'll add you once I remember!

Finally - biggest thank you of all to Gulmyr:
Gulmyr was the person who introduced me to this game, I remember we started off as 2 goblins with terrible cookie cutter builds and attempted to start the black worg clan in the sewers of Andunor - which quickly fell to bits when we discovered Sencliff, which spurred on the creation of the infamous HENRY T BARBOSSA and his sidekick Asher Blackblade!

Next he became the Wolf of Sencliff and lead all 3 of my pirate characters into amazing scenarios, leading Sencliff in the times of the fall of the union and after, and hilariously taking the blunt of all blame any pirate received upon himself, generating his infamy through simple association, cunning and beast-like charm!

Finally Being the pinnacle of house Dro'Vaalvaz, Gulmyr has driven the plot for my character for over 3 months in fantastic directions, being the shadowy and deceitful face who's intentions are still unclear to Zarrysn - the past 2ish years on here have been fantastic, and I thank you for bringing me into this community and all it's amazing people.

Vengeful cycles to all of you!
Last edited by SlamYoJam on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asher Blackblade - Deceased
Zarrysn Dro'Vaalvaz - Left for Sshamath
]Clonk - Sailed to green pastures
Yrrget Bloodstalker - Current main

Zenko
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Zarrysn Dro'Vaalvaz Departure

Post by Zenko » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:57 pm

There is to much i can say but i love the character and the player.
Ive said all i can to you already just wanted to add my love here as well <3
Cant wait to have you back brother!
*Salutes*
Ilztva (Pinky)
Punto (Phoenix)
Udok (Shadow Half-Orc) - MIA
Malyrr (Shadow Guardian)- Current Hiding

Red Sector A

Post by Red Sector A » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:08 pm

The time I have gotten to know i have had a blast Rping with you. When i came to this server you right away came and RPed with me right away and made me feel welcome! You where like an older brother to my young priestess.. You will be missed greatly!! For you are one of the main pillars to help drive the RP with-in House Dro'Vaalvaz and this server. Arelith will truly miss you and your plots!!

God Speed my friend and hopefully you will come back!!!
"Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth"

Neil Peart

Current - Ardul'ala Dro'Vaalvaz - priestess of Kiaransalee

Shadowspinner

Post by Shadowspinner » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 pm

The First Fish and his fish influenced Vasdra more than you may know, especially since most of their (admittedly) limited interactions came when she first rolled in! I'm going to miss our IC banter, but hopefully OOC banter won't be missed!

As Zenko mentioned, let's just add to the love and as both Red and Zen mentioned, hopefully you'll return!
Vasdra | "Emperors command multitudes, yet cannot control two things: their heart and their time - both belong to the Empire."

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:20 pm

So sorry to see you go. And even more sorry that I missed Zarrysn's last moment in game despite being so close. :(

I can't help but feel there was a lot of potential for great things to come, and that Zarr had still much to give. We did not interact too much directly, but everytime it was a blast, and I was really looking forward to discover your character more, as I had noticed how much fun rp he created with many of Elvan's associates and allies.

But all good things always come to an end.

Vengeful cycles, Zarrysn Dro'vaalvaz.

We will miss you. And I hope you will come back under a different guise eventually.

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:04 pm

Very sad to see you leave, Zarr!

Ixin will surely miss the stories of old, impromptu language lessons and (mostly) friendly tailor competition.

I wish you all the best in the future, and hope to see you back one day.

Aroura

Post by Aroura » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:38 pm

It was extremely fun to tease Zarr with little nuggets of information and humiliate him for Amalies personal amusement! The penguins will always hold a special place ni my heart, and so will you.
I can't speak highly enough of your ability to roll with the punches, both the serious ones, and the silly ones. You'll have a place in my top ten favourite characters

But I'll miss Clonk more :(

PEST CONTROL

Post by PEST CONTROL » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:53 pm

I enjoyed playing with you! Hopefully, you can find time to come visit.

Apothys

Post by Apothys » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:07 am

Another son of Dro'Vaalvaz gone. :(

Ive enjoyed all your toons even when they were stabbing me in the back... even if it was every single one. :)

Coming to the underdark and properly giving it a go with you and your friends and finding so many great people down there was amazing. You ability as Zarrysn to shine in that dark place and make allies and friends in the strangest of places was a sight to behold.

I dont think this is the end for you... noone escapes Arelith... youll be back and well either stand back to back or cross blades, of that you can be sure.

Much luv brother.

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aellowyn » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:33 am

Nooo!
Those dastardly time zones!! I had a fun time RPing with you and wish I'd gotten to do more. Hope you come back and stay well!

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:47 am

Karstaag always had a good time with Dro'Vaalvaz and Zarrysn was no different.
Pity to see you and Zarrysn go but hopeful that we will play again with your return.
I will remember the jotun lessons and your attempt to eat troll to impress Beast King. ;)
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:11 pm

Bummed! I hoped Zarrysn would stick around longer. Lavok and Zarrysn have unfinished business!

Enjoyed RPing with you and I hope you come back!

Rasha

Post by Rasha » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Thanks for the shout out, my friend! I don’t envy your return to the workforce, but I wish you all the best! Asher will always be one of my favorites. Sazal’ would never have accomplished any of what she did, without the initial support of her “A-team” (Asher, Aerik and Aelo). I am pleased that you chose to be one of those who carried on The Family name. All of your characters were just great. I hope you keep in touch, always. Love ya! ❤️
-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-