Elly Wintercat Level 30 Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Elly Wintercat Level 30 Kudos

Post by R0GUE » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:50 pm

Last night I completed a long journey with my main character Elliara "Elly" Wintercat, finally levelling her up to 30. This long path had several stops and starts over the last two+ years, including de-leveling a couple of times, taking some months off occasionally to take a break, not really understanding to log enough adventure xp in the early levels, etc. But now that I finally have brought the character to the top of this hill, I wanted to stop and give out some well-deserved kudos to those who have helped me along the way.

Early Days: I started Elly so long ago (it coincided with the launch of the Enhanced Version of NWN on PC) that its actually been a while since I've seen many of these characters, but I know some of them are still around playing new characters at least or doing other things.

Raquel Karvania - this is one of the very first players I met on the server, and THE first friend I made. Eventually the friendship turned romantic, but then we grew apart because she became a bloodthristy pirate! Seriously though, you were a very kind and wonderful player, and I appreciate you bringing me into your story so early on.

Kriegos and Crew! To Dawn, Kazen, Emelina, Rann, Wyllana, Kayla, and Poe. I remember fondly how Elly got to belong to a real group of adventurers thanks to the larger than life personality of Kriegos! I still remembering being interviewed for the company like it was a job position, but somehow it was still fun, which is a pretty rare feat. I wish those days could have lasted longer!

Dawn (Techne) - you were Elly's sister in arms and such a fun person to hang around. It was hilarious back when there used to be the bug that would occasionally change us into each other's clothes. I can't thank you enough for befriending me and letting me pal around with you and occasionally sob on your shoulder.

Rann (Silvard) - thank you so much for being my friend during some hard times and for being a good sport about everything that happened in game. I also want to thank you for being such a great contributor to the game as a developer! This is the person you have to thank for Bookshelves everyone!

Katie Popkins - You know what you did! Plus thank you for including me in your play early on in Elly's career, it really launched her as a bard on the server, and I have strived to live up to your example as a bard ever since.

Middle Era:
Rhael Silverwind - such a wonderful, giving amazing roleplayer you were (and are!) I can't think of anyone in all this time I've become closer with than Elly did with Rhael. And while they were cute as a couple for all of 10 minutes, I think they worked better as friends. I never got to know your subsequent character as well as I did Rhael, but it's impressive you created not one but two characters that had such an impact on the Island! And thank you for all you've done for me ooc.

Priscilla Plaskett - This character was such a delight, and although she didn't stick around for an extremely long time, I loved the story of the blind woman, who was a non-violent worshipper of Eldath, who climbed her way all the way into the Cabinet of the Chancellor of Cordor, at exactly the wrong time to be there!

Dawn and Samantha Goodman - such sweethearts these two. They've supported me whenever I've needed them, and they are the bright and shining stars of Guldorand.

Aliana Drake - Ok there are THREE shining stars in Guldorand. Aliana is the third. She has the best energy, the sweetest disposition. I love her bouncy attitude, her hugs whenever we see each other. She is just the best. THE BEST!

Jace Nerelith - Elly seems to have a soft spot for tortured characters. She thinks she can help them redeem themselves I think. I know Jace's story has recently come to a close, and I'm glad I was a part of it.

Recent Times:
Arihalys Silverwind - You are my newest bestie, and you came along at such a perfect time just when Elly needed her. Thank you for letting me take over the Nomad while you go on your runabout. I'm so glad we became friends in game and out of game.

Alistaire Wyvernspire - Elly has only really thought about romance three times in her life on Arelith, and its only your friendliness and charm that allowed her to do so. You've been a steady shoulder for her when she's needed it and also a great friend ooc.

Andrew Gafferson - So amazing that a new player who had just started on the server would be open for such a radical roleplaying moment that I offered you! It had been a dream of mine when I started playing this character that somehow Elly would find her estranged father, who had reportedly been seen on or heading to Arelith. You helped me realize that dream with your giving attitude! I am so proud and happy to have such a great in-game father figure.

Emma Young - wow, what an great character. And thank you for letting Elly be part of Emma's big moment, she will never forget it.

Konstantin Helbrecht - you are such a great roleplayer. I have valued every interaction I've ever had with this character and you really did a noble thing during one of the toughest moments Elly has ever had.

Miranda Magna and the crew at the Fool's Clover Playhouse - I've known Miranda for a long time, and although we didn't get close until recently, I've always been amazed at what a great Roleplayer you are and how you really bring life to this complex, interesting woman. Thanks for giving Elly a stage to shine on. And thanks to Quirina and the others who really help keep the perfomances going.

Kaladin Softstep - Kaladin is such a great goncho! He is giving and nice, and we both love books! Thanks for always lending Elly a helping hand!

Saiorse Weneson - we are just getting to know each other but you've been such a huge help for Elly at the Nomad. Thank you so much, and I look forward to expanding our friendship!

I have a ton of other friends and foes from throughout the years I would also just love to give quick shout-outs to as well:

DM Titania - thanks for everything you do!
DM Fox - for letting me be a part of a wonderful event you ran for many months
Zoushii (you have too many alts - I can't pick one character you alt-a-holic you!)
Theela Karson
Angela Amana
Lyric
Amadeo Pneuma
Caige Ridre
Diana Nerelith
Dregan Young
Tristan Elu'ron
Rory Tate
Ezekiel Klennald
Mather Alias
Berenor Silver-Wind
Elysia
Anavia Strobl-Klennald
Tug
Aura Bigstep
Piper Barley nee Pike
Jensen Whisper
Burin "the nicknamer"
Malcolm Greywind
Xy'leiri
Nicodemus San-Lanargaith
Salasker Dusk
Khal-Dun
Lavannya Beckett
Itzal
Nathan Brightburst
Sabre Brightburst
Zathlan
Mach Fryar
Sadie Hasper
Kerri Larenthanil
Sarah Willows
Willem Ker
Siloh
Peregrine
Alice Highfen-Scarlett
Snow Emil-Dudentan
Zaravella
Gelberath
Wotan
Nelli Ore
The Fuzzypaws
Kross Ashhammer
Rhaeg
Aldros Rivondir
Katernin Bersk
Peram Flint
To all the DMs/contributors who have made Arelith a special and wonderful server

If I didn't name you here, know that it doesn't mean I don't value any and all time I have spent roleplaying with each of you, the names of everyone I have interacted with is literally too long to remember, and my memory is spotty at best. Know that you are loved.

Lastly, I would like to say that while I am not going to roll Elly anytime soon, I am going to probably start spending less and less time with her in Arelith over the next few weeks/months. Now that I have finally reached my big goal I think I'd like to try an alt character for a while, so we will see where that goes. Not to say that Elly won't still be seen around the island. She still holds the Nomad right now and needs to see that get sorted, there are the language concerts to perform, and has a few other plans in mind, but I will be pulling back from her somewhat. I hope to see each and every one of you in game in the near future, regardless of what that may hold.

BaRKyy

Re: Elly Wintercat Level 30 Kudos

Post by BaRKyy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Thank you for this. Elliara was one of Jace's favourite people. He was a bit too soft for her, which I think is mostly due to your amazing RP of a very complex character with so many sides to them. It was always fun just seeing her around doing something completely new.

I hope you take her a lot further ❤️
Jacetuhn Nerelith
Locksryn Vista
Banjo Morgan
Che Firenze
Sly Laenarys
James Hightower

Zan

Post by Zan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 pm

Always one of my absolute favourite characters in the whole server, and when we have a glut of amazing RPers that's saying something.

You're one of those players, and Elly is one of those characters that can shift easily from moments of social whimsy (I'll never forget the cordor ball where you performed for hours while Rhael was waiting for a dance with you and ended up dancing with everyone else cause you just kept going!), Or the time you agreed to be auctioned for charity (still think 400k was a steal!) To more serious RP like putting your neck on the line to ferret out anti half-elven folks.

It's been a pleasure to RP with you and I look forward to more years yet to come.
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:45 pm

I absolutely love Elly. She’s sweet, kind, smart and all the other good things! She’s a great character and would make a fantastic friend. I hope despite our time zones we get to play more in the future. ❤️

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

NMan7496

Post by NMan7496 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Even though we've literally been to hell and back (well, the Abyss, but the point stands), I really haven't RP'd with Elly anywhere near as much as I would have liked to, but every experience I've had with her was amazing.
Hopefully we will get more time to RP with each other in the future.
Characters:
- Eleanor Allias, Paladin of Selûne

Former:
- Mather Allias, Elrith Ferein, Simone Beregnor-Springscar, Thalia Loreas

Humble_Savage
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Humble_Savage » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:41 pm

Elliara was one of the first characters Alistaire ran into and she supported a new bard who had washed up on Arelith.
You always impress me with your friendly and wholesome roleplay and willingness to support or help any character you meet. You're always willing to perform as Elly, have helped out at the playhouse and in general a great bard player. We've had a few adventures and I'm looking forward to a few more!
Alistaire Wyvernspire

Dubhwulfe
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dubhwulfe » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:47 pm

I always enjoyed Malcolm's time chatting with Elly. It always led to the few moments that Malcolm forgot his troubles, and just enjoyed a few drinks or home-cooked meals... playing darts with her and Ari... great moments altogether.

Look forward to hopefully meeting her with Sebastian, and sharing more great RP!

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Congrats on having Elly reach level 30. :) I remember Zaravella, Elly and Raquel going to the Iron mines for writs! ;)

Have fun!
Last edited by Zaravella on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Elly is a beloved character, and it's been exciting to see her development, even if it were only for a time from Kayla's perspective ❤️

I hope we see more of Elliara and her influence in the world! =)

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 pm

I love running into Elli. She is very wholesome and really enjoyable to talk with, both as a character and a player. I'm glad I got to know her with the Nomad, and am looking forward to more, wherever that leads the both of us!

LawfulJoe

Post by LawfulJoe » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28 pm

Thank you Elly, been a lot of fun being the long lost Dad for Elliara. Always open to fun RP experiences. Looking forward to more. :)
Currently Playing:
Andrew Gafferson - Human (acitive)
Thrax'ys Rilyn'nervs - Drow (semi-active)
Medri Zau'rahel - Drow (semi-active)
Jhul’tana Hun’ndar - Drow (active)