Jacetuhn Nerelith's Farewell

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

BaRKyy

Jacetuhn Nerelith's Farewell

Post by BaRKyy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:23 pm

'I have a code, and it is unbreakable. Whether my last breath is taken from being impaled or from old age'
'Nobody'll remember you for some dumb code, at least I won't. I'll remember you for how much of a dumbass you were'
'At least you'll remember me'

I think that conversation sums up Jace pretty well. He was my first character, and ultimately my last one. He wasn't a very likeable character in any sense of the word. He did things his way in trying to form the world in the way he saw fit, and that clashed often. He was stern towards any injustice he saw, and that code was absolute. I don't know if he's dead or not, but he's certainly gone now.

I have so much I could say to so many people. There's been so much that took place, so many small nuanced things that I'd be spending twice the time I've spent playing Arelith just saying thank you to everyone for all amazing things I've seen and felt. Putting down a list of names would be a disservice to the sheer amount of people I crossed paths with, and truly you've all left an impact on me. Thank you to those who helped him, especially the DMs on many of the smaller, personal events that he went through.

Jace was the reason I learnt how to play bingo drums, I have a folder of recordings of myself playing them which I made in turn with him learning to play his own drum. I have pages and pages of my favourite things said by other characters, and I have so many small things I'd love to speak about, truly. But I think it best it be left there. I just hope you all know how much each and every interaction has had an effect on me as a person. I've been lucky :)

I also played a few others. Quick edit to say goodbye from them.

Safe steps.
Last edited by BaRKyy on Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jacetuhn Nerelith
Locksryn Vista
Banjo Morgan
Che Firenze
Sly Laenarys
James Hightower

Talvenlapsi

Re: Jacetuhn Nerelith's Farewell

Post by Talvenlapsi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Godspeed to you, friend. It was pleasure to play with you, albeit we didn't meet out as often as could've, but I remember every RP with you fondly. Good luck, wherever life takes you.
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Eira » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:48 pm

I don’t think we really talked a lot before the first time Jace and “Lorraine” met. I knew you and I knew of you, but before then, it had been more of a “oh hey I recognize that guy” type of thing.

The depth of play that we shared is part of my favorite memories in my two years of Arelith. Whether playing friends or enemies, I have always been able to trust in you as a writer and story creator to bring forth something compelling.

Both of us have encountered multiple characters of each other on further multiple characters, and personally it’s been a delight as well to share in growth of writing with you.

Take care, friend.

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:12 pm

The character of Jace was, perhaps, the biggest influence to how Ana was shaped and formed in the year she's existed, and it's been wonderful to see that growth through the Rp they've shared in all forms, and will be wonderful to RP the after effects that'll come with whatever happens next. From the Warden Gordon plot, to her enslavement, to the recent events, it was all a delight to be a part of.

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Jace was great, as is the player.

I only had a rather pathetically small time of interaction with him with my wizard Bastien, but from the start Jace was engaging, intriguing, fun, and dedicated. This is all obviously thanks to the player, who is amazingly welcoming and who really tried to create great stories and help others do the same. And he succeeded.

Thanks buddy for everything!

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:07 pm

I never interacted with Jace, but I did, albeit not for long, unfortunately, with Che, and it was a real pleasure. Especially I count myself lucky that I was able to see him through two different sets of eyes, both in his more rowdy outward self and in his more sensible inward one. He was a character that left the mark both among friends and foes and Andunor will be a duller place without him around.

Honey will never taste the same anymore. Aluve', Che. Take care out there.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:38 pm

<3! You will be missed.

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Inf

Post by Inf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:53 pm

I liked Jace. Che can choke on my blood though.

Take care.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Great character + player, very inclusive and great at making things happen.
You both will be missed.

R0GUE

Post by R0GUE » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:07 pm

You know that you'll be missed. You obviously inspired a lot of people, a whole family full of them. Good luck white shoes!

Zan

Post by Zan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:40 pm

So long Mr. White shoes, and the new found bro I never got enough time with. We didn't get much time to play together (damnable timezones!) But those times we did were certainly memorable.

All the best for the future mate
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"

NMan7496

Post by NMan7496 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:48 pm

It was always great to RP with Jace, he was such a well developed character and really fun to be around.
Characters:
- Eleanor Allias, Paladin of Selûne

Former:
- Mather Allias, Elrith Ferein, Simone Beregnor-Springscar, Thalia Loreas

BoltNRun

Post by BoltNRun » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:48 am

Jace was an awesome character. Even through all the ups and downs he and Kael had, I enjoyed his RP and I respected how he held himself; even when he knew he made bad choices he rolled with it.

I'm going to miss Jace and I'll always remember how well he pulled off them white shoes, or how he made shorts in Arelith look good. Maybe someone new can take up those shorts and shoes, but until then nothing but love and respect to ya Jace.

let it trip

Post by let it trip » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Incredible characters and player, good luck wherever you go next.

NPC Logger Number 2

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Jace was always fun to interact with whatever character I was playing, and the player has always been kind and helpful toward me. Hope you find something else fun that you enjoy. Take care.
“The punishing of wits enhances their authority.”
Francis Bacon

KingOfHeroes

Post by KingOfHeroes » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 pm

I'm going to miss Jace, the few times him and Rayne interacted were always a treat for me and I never got to apologize for leaving you hanging when Rayne sought Jace's help. The interactions with Che were amazing too, and I am glad that I got to interact with that character at all. I hope you find happiness wherever you go and in whatever you decide to do.
I have made a horrible, childish mistake.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:14 pm

Sending my regards and hoping to run into you again in Arelith, my friend. Since I play a new character now for my main.

I enjoyed Zaravella's connection with Jace, thank you for playing, and spending time. Miss ya.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Arcbled
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Arcbled » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:31 am

F.
"All we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means."

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:46 pm

I never had much chance to roleplay with you, but when I did it was most enjoyable. Safe steps wherever you travel.

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aellowyn » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Jace was always sweet to my girl, like a little ray of sun with his floofy blonde hair and white shoes. He will be remembered and thanks for the rp. Farewell!~

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:10 pm

Was a good run mate
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too