Thicket+Ulrik's Wedding

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aardra

Thicket+Ulrik's Wedding

Post by Aardra » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:39 am

Thank you to everyone involved and anyone who showed up to this event. There were SO MANY of you that I'd spend all night thanking you one by one, but I'm so glad the wedding went as smoothly as it did! Some notable mentions:

Burin: Of course, your RP shines a light on everyone else's. You really set the tone of the event, and heck, the tone of Thicket's life for the past few IRL months. Thank you so much for being so awesome and accommodating!

Ulrik: Duh. Been having loads of fun exploring the weird romantic dynamic between a pacifist forest witch and a barbarian who is literally Sergeant-at-Arms of Castle Gloom. Looking forward and excited to see how far House Stormheart goes!

Galen Gallows: Galen is far too nice for his own good! You put together some last-minute fixtures and helped me organize things on an OOC and IC level. Also, you were the best usher! I really started to panic a few days ago but you (and Galen) pulled through and I'm so grateful for it. Thank you!

Tilly: For the love, Tilly helped calm Thicket's pre-ceremony nerves (only to exacerbate her anxiety by teasing her afterward >.>) but thanks for staying up with me and attending the ceremony itself. Thicket-Tilly is such an interesting dynamic to me and I'm looking forward to exploring it.

Thane Falgrim: Thanks for letting "Tall Dwarf" host the wedding in the halls, but more importantly thanks for the warm reception and afterparty in the Thane's meadhall. Thicket hasn't had much interaction with the Thane other than a few incidental encounters but I imagine they'll be seeing each other quite often, and I have to say I'm looking forward to it!

Grenfeld Treespeaker: Thicket respects Grenfeld immensely and is grateful for him essentially inviting her into his home. Thanks for being so accepting of a weird witchy Elf who you'd never imagine to be associated with a castle in the swamp!

Thane's Kuldarn: What a bunch of delightful characters. Brog is quickly turning out to be my favorite place for Thicket to hang out. You all are so welcoming and accommodating while not neglecting the "stoic stoicness" inherent to your RP.

Gaston: I'm blown away by this new player's dedication to their bard. Gaston wrote some last-minute songs that unfortunately got lost in the chatter of the hall, but I nevertheless enjoyed them immensely and I'll be sure to point the DM team in their direction with a recommendation.

Anakhsun: Thanks for showing up, but thanks especially for the creepy blood mini-ceremony that you held for Ulrik and Thicket. While Thicket is certainly no stranger to blood-ritual, Ana is always delightfully creepy to me.

Annywl: Honestly I hadn't expected to find Thicket's favorite uncle flying around the altar but your presence made the ceremony feel all the more magical than it already was. Thank you!

Khal-Dun: Customized item gifts are the best, and your speech at the meadhall was very appropriate and made Thicket feel like a proper Lady for once.

Derristan: Also a rousing speech to honor the newlyweds which was very thematic and well-placed. Thank you for showing up! Can't wait for more interactions in the future.

Dregan: You couldn't be there but I'm still grateful for the last-minute altar and we both know Dregan was scrying the whole thing from her room. :)

Everyone else, thanks for just showing up, even! I hope it was enjoyable even if shortlived. Also thanks to DM Titania for being swift with the namechange! An enjoyable event all around made possible by a community of eager and accommodating roleplayers. Thank you and blessed be!
"I am wounded by my own incorrigible politeness."

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Thicket+Ulrik's Wedding

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:52 am

Thicket, now Anariel, has come such a long way. You've been through a lot both IC and OOC and I'm so proud of you for turning this character into someone so grand. You have earned all of it and I'm glad Burin has been there to support her through it. I can't wait to see where she goes next! She's on her way to even bigger and better things.
Burin the Earthly.

Sadrithos

Re: Thicket+Ulrik's Wedding

Post by Sadrithos » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:53 am

Thank you, I am not accustomed to praise like that. I am glad everything worked out in the end, even if I did forget a few things and my own toast was a little weak, I didn't have anything prepared at all for that, or, indeed, had anything gone wrong, I didn't have time for any backup plans, so I am glad it went so smoothly.

It's always a pleasure to interact with your character, even if it is terribly awkward at times for Galen due to their history together.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.