To Lolths faithful from the fallen Ches'arra

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

To Lolths faithful from the fallen Ches'arra

Post by godhand- » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:45 pm

I don't even know where to start this Kudos thread. Playing Ches'arra has been an absolute blast, but all good drow stories should have an equally good ending. Or, In her case, having her powers taken from her and sacrificed for her failures. Thankyou for giving me the space to play that ending out! Alot happened in the short time i played Ches, so i apologise if i missed anyone.

House Rilynervs.
We the OG's here. This was NOT a normal drow house. While most drow probably spend their time away plotting and scheming and who knows what...

We spent our quiet time squabbling over the insubordinate males who think they are spiders, climbing on the roof of the manor. Followed by a Whipping for leaving footprints and marks on the roof and not cleaning them. Ridiculous, entertaining... You honestly cannot make this stuff up.
And if you dared move Matron Ches'arras furniture... you were in for a whipping.

Also, the constant in-house PvP, i was crying with laughter so often. What a good bunch you were: I know that alot of what we did to each other definitely was against the rules of arelith PvP, but knowing we were playing amongst people i could call friends we could just be silly and get on with it and have a laugh. There were days i think we killed each other multiple times an hour....
But we knew a line was crossed when Ches'arra started throwing out harms on people.....

May'lara - the sister, Watching her grow as a character was amazing, she went from a quiet drowess who would never speak a word against her mother, to eventually becoming the matron herself. It made Ches proud, even though she was too prideful to show it.

Svord and Szeth - the twin sons. Probably the cause of most of the shenanigans and pvp but how can you hold that against them when you're crying from laughing so hard? Great roleplayers, both of you, and when push came to shove you always fought like pitbulls for the matron.

Thrax'ys and R'enzyn - The two mages, I didn't get to give you as much roleplay time on Ches' as i would have liked due to timezones and other mishaps like relevelling (looking at you thrax) But the times we had together i was grateful to see the way you both roleplay with such tact through the nuances of being a male in a society dominated by women.

Isty'rr, Mournsyn, Alyzine - A mix of characters who i never knew if you were going to keep playing or not due to OOC reasons (read: You kept telling me you would roll but didn't *shakes fist* But as the person who invited me to play as a matron for the house, thankyou for the opportunity to be a part of the story of the house, even if the position of Matron was thrust upon me i'm glad i did it for the opportunity to roleplay with so many good people.

Ab'batt - I know you're long gone from the house, But i still thankyou for taking one for the team with allowing me to sacrifice you!

The temple.
Overall, the temple took in Ches'arra and embraced her like she was destined to be there. Some of the temple roleplay was highlights of my time on Ches.

Csslyn - I think it was my first or second day in Andunor and there was a temple ceremony on held by you. It was great, and i knew at that moment the temple was alive and well, and it was going to be filled with lots of good roleplay. Great inspiration and insight was gained and i stepped up straight away to be an initiate.

Tee'tea - Oh The fabulous Matron Tee'tea. I love the way you play a drow. Unique in the way she's presented and behaves. Not your typical brooding and complex Matron, but rather focused more on.... well everything that a priestess is not normally focused on. Is your hair straight? Are your nails perfectly filed? Yet still manages to pull it together to play the part of a fiesty drow. Not to mention, i love the IC Stories thread - "dear mother" series.
My favourite ceremony was our combined one.... CHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!! *stomps her feet*
Thankyou for taking a chance on Ches after everything that happened too.

Neph'tys - I'd have liked to have gotten more playtime with Neph, but timezones are a thing i suppose... Neph was fun, and gambling with her over items was something i looked forward to more of, but fate didn't align for it.

Nazara - The ulath'tallar. The times i came to seek guidance from the Ulath'tallar were fantastic. We spent hours at a time, speaking in code or metaphors about Lolths will. It was great roleplay, and i wished i could have had more of it. An excellent job describing the detail of her actions and body movement, whether its her gaze or her fiddling with her whip in her lap.

The table.
Thanks for accepting our house in so graciously. When we came to andunor as a fresh new house.... you pretty much all welcomed us in. Theres alot of people to cover here:

Jhaeldra - Also of the temple, but mainly worked as a councillor.... Thankyou for your help during the early times of our house. it may not have been much, but a warning or a whisper here or there, and it helped us stay alive and on target!

Gulmyr - Gone, but not forgotten. Again, another person who supported us through our early part of being a house, helping us out getting our feet and getting a home in the table.

Udok - I met Udok on my previous toons, and was always wary of him, but once i met him on Ches i knew you were a stellar player, trying to make the most of a situation that is destined NOT to work (a halforc that at the bottom of his heart wants only to be a drow?). How this player has 10rpr and has been denied a raise is simply beyond me. This player is an absolute ASSET to the andunor community whether you see it or not.

The Rival, Chenizra - Chenizra initially helped our house a lot, But as is the way with the drow, someone has to be a target. I went to extraordinary effort to setup the assassination attempt, and it worked. Rather than fight it, and resort to killing me through PvP in revenge the next day, you ran with it, creating so much roleplay around the others and shifting the landscape of Andunor just to take everything from Ches'arra. A testament to the will of Chenizra for her to turn my success into a failure with terrible consequences, and i was happy to let you finish Ches'arras story as a way to consolidate what happened in yours.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

Zenko
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: To Lolths faithful from the fallen Ches'arra

Post by Zenko » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:12 am

I really dont know what to say but i enjoyed every time we Rped and im going to miss the chaos that you brought with you.
No matter what you do im sure you will bring the same sort of energy as you did before
What a way to go....
Lloth Tlu Malla
<3
Ilztva (Pinky)
Punto (Phoenix)
Udok (Shadow Half-Orc) - MIA
Malyrr (Shadow Guardian)- Current Hiding

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:51 am

It is not easy to take a fall, after many events turn against one's character, but to take such fall with such a grace and to turn it into an event that brings loads of roleplay and stimuli to so many character is something that only the best roleplayer can achieve.

Hats down for your incredible fair play.

The plot that Ches'arra started created an amazing amount of rp for so many people and its conclusion was cathartic and turned into one of the best ceremonies since I started playing here.

I hope we will see you again on some other character among us dark folks. But whoever will get your next characters will be quite lucky indeed. Thank you for writing this story with us all.

Vain_Duplicity

Post by Vain_Duplicity » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:12 am

Hey, Chenizra’s player here.

I just wanted to tip my hat and thank you for being the antagonist for sparking an incredible amount of role play for the Temple, The Table and Xel’vraxa. It’s been a crazy ride and I know everyone enjoyed it. It was a big test and I loved every moment of it from the beginning. Big kudos to you for wishing to conclude the conflict in that fashion; you are truly dedicated to the story!

I wish you good luck with your next toon :)

MrHishprung

Post by MrHishprung » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:14 am

Whenever im finding out that character i know is being rolled, i always have feeling of regret that i didnt reached to him/her more. Same is this time.
I wasnt much reaching to Ches'arra, only knowing she might be yet another threat of our House. Which - if her plan went like it should - might be true :D

What im sure is that she was a great character to have with us, and she will be remembered by us and our characters (or at least me :P )

Cant wait to see you again with your new toon. :)
Me and Queen of Penguins - Lyne'arra
Esta - Active Main
Queen of Penguins Lyne'arra - Semi-active Alt
Xyrmoira "Ghost" - Semi-active Alt
Eliath Jaluisurr - Shelved
Vegs - Shelved

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:12 pm

Its always nice to have well RP'd drow around to spice things up. Thank you for everything you did to aid to arelith and its players.

bitterwork

Post by bitterwork » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 pm

Great character, and created a lot of fun RP. Played the roll of a matron very well and kept the males on edge! What ever is next, I hope I'm in on it.

Cheers

PresidentCthulhu
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PresidentCthulhu » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:00 pm

I am still happy for the opportunity we could play together and I hope there will be more to come in the future.
Awesome character, awesome story arc and spotless drow play. Well done indeed. ;-)
Your friendly neighborhood eldritch horror

Taerl

Post by Taerl » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:50 am

I came in late to House Rilyn'ervs, but not before I got a tid bit of time with you around. Didnt actually rp with you so much as not giving her the respect of a Head bow due to the circumstances of her down fall. But holy crap, the 2 events at the temple, one you fled from, the other you.... muahaha bled from, losing your heart. Both those events were so much fun to see. This sort of rp going on down in the UD makes me happy that after ohhh maybe 6 or 7 years that i am back down there again. Awesome what ya did, and really really helped the temple come back to life from what I am hearing.

Not to mention all the other players/specifically referring to all the temple events i been to now, just WOW, you all are flat out amazing me. All of ya!!!!!!!

Zes'dril (Zee)