The Exorcism of Konstantin Helbrecht

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Garvik

The Exorcism of Konstantin Helbrecht

Post by Garvik » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:31 pm

Yesterday was the finale of an arc for which the seeds had been planted a long time ago. I had a lot of fun playing through it and there was quite a bit of character development! So, I wanted to take the time to pause and thank everyone who attended the (bigger than anticipated) event and everyone who was there during the buildup. I hope those involved (both planned and ad hoc) had fun. This list is in no particular order and I have horrible memory, so please excuse any names or groups missing from this list.

The Church of Helm and the Gauntlet
A group of absolutely amazing and friendly people that I have been RPing with on and off as ally, member and finally antagonist to since I started on Arelith about a year ago. The inclusiveness and care taken that everyone involved gets a share of the fun is nothing short of spectacular. I am looking forward to more.

Lavanya Helbrecht
An incredibly deep and multi-facetted character with an equally as inclusive player behind it. I have thoroughly enjoyed our interactions and the impact they had on Konstantin as a character.

Ari-Satiah
I am always amazed at the amount of flavour the character brings to the table whenever something concerning a ritual is involved. Ari really helps to ground such scenes in the mystical lore of the Forgotten Realms and make them something special.

Khal-Dun
Absolutely one of the best emoters on the server. I'm baffled and jealous at how much he can communicate glimpses of the inner workings of the character with just a few lines of emotes.

Neli Ore
The plot surrounding Neli Ore was incredible. Ripples of her presence on Arelith still being felt despite the character being long-rolled goes to show what a great antagonist she was.

Miranda Magna
The language performances are one indicator for stunning creativity. The manner with which the latter part of yesterday's event has been dealt with goes to show that that incredibly creativity is not only limited to the stage!

Xy
The things Xy has started that led to intriguing RP are too numerous to count. An enrichment and catalyst for so many storylines, I would be remiss not to mention her.

Wardens of Darrowdeep and House Rivorndir
Another group of amazing roleplayers who not only have the noble house RP down to a T, but who are also continuously providing opportunities for plot and character development to other players. Cordor as a city is thoroughly enriched by their presence.

Cordor, its Administration and its Armed Forces
A rather big and somewhat fluid group. But my time in Cordor from the Derlson to the current administration has been thoroughly enjoyable thanks to the many people who put their time and effort into running the city and provide things for the inhabitants, visitors and allies to do.

The Void Cult and the Banites
It might be a bit odd lumping these two into one, but there is one thing they share: Despite rather short and few personal interactions in general with these two groups, they have a definite looming presence - something that can be felt in day to day RP just by how much they are talked about. A definite sign of well-played antagonists.

???? - Oh no [Alive]
Konstantin Helbrecht - High Watcher of Helm [Deceased]
Arnbjorn Bladeshadow - Duergar Axemeister [Deceased]
Baldric Pyecroft - Paladin of Torm [Deceased]

Bazelgeuse

Re: The Exorcism of Konstantin Helbrecht

Post by Bazelgeuse » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 pm

It was one hell of a ride even though Egg basically joined barely in time to catch the climax of things. A two-week long emotional rollercoaster of ":(" to "O_O" to "D:<" to ";_;" to ":D".

Here's hoping this is just the start of even more RP and character development for all involved!

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:22 pm

RPing with Konstantin is always real fun =) !
Not only for the memetic content of the more lighthearted RPs, but also for the few more personal sessions I had with him. Hope he kept that ring >_< !

Will be great to hear and meet more of you.

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Having played with you now for almost one full RL year across two of your characters, I can honestly and without a doubt say you have become one of my dearest Arelith friends. You are an incredible story teller and amazing RPer.

Somehow you have the ability to make nearly everyone you play with fall in love with your characters. Baldric has left an incredible gap as Konstantin would have if things had gone south. I’m not going to lie, I’m glad they didn’t. I look forward to many more years of RP together.

❤️

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

AzureLuna

Post by AzureLuna » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:51 am

You know, I really had a new appreciation for how much detail and thought went into Konstantin during his memory scene (which I will second the shout-out to Miranda, amazing shadow RP as ever). Then of course, realizing that Anya could recite his whole life story while providing context for each part was engaging, sad, and heartwarming. Truly the mark of excellent roleplay.

Sad and heartwarming is the name of the game. It is a good feeling to reach the new of a chapter in a character's story and being excited (read: worried) about where it will go next. What will survive the Kon-pocalypse? Stay tuned.

Also sidenote/kudo hijacking, RP with the Gauntlet group is always so stellar, I cannot recommend these lovely folks enough to players looking for a place to get involved with some fun interpersonal shenanigans.
Lavanya Helbrecht, Highest Priestess of Sharess

Arcbled
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Arcbled » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 am

"I like Konstantin. He's my favourite." - Tilly, whenever anyone mentions him, despite rarely seeing him.
"All we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means."

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by godhand- » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:06 am

Kon has always been, and will always be an amazing character, but i don't want to talk about the character and his story, but the roleplayer behind him. He offers so much to the community, offering help and guidance and knowledge to new players, But also is one of the rare players with the gift to give everyone space to let the roleplay happen for everyones benefit. I've had a few toons lucky enough to get a chance interact with him now (all rolled and forgotten now) But Kon handles every situation with the utmost class, no matter where the play goes.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.