Wallace Lyonall Shelving Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

pandincus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Wallace Lyonall Shelving Kudos

Post by pandincus » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:41 am

Well, as of a few days ago, Wallace (Wally) Lyonall, Librarian, Hawk’in, and Tall-Hin of Bendir Dale, has set sail from the isle of Arelith back to Neverwinter with his wife Bo. He is very much SHELVED, and while he will be coming back for guest visits eventually, I’m taking a proper break first. And will he come back for a longer period of time? Maybe. I don’t know yet. Only time will tell. I’ve been playing him since July, 2019, which is a length of time I truly never expected.

I created Wally almost on a whim. I didn’t know if I’d be sticking around with the server, as I’d never played a NWN persistent world before (In fact, I’m quite noob-ish at the game even today.), and I had very little (relatively) RP experience when I started. I had fun coming up with his backstory, his initial motivations, and his initial personality. Other than that, he was a bit of a blank slate when I started...and boy has it been a wild ride. I had no idea at the time that this little decision to make him would lead me down the emotional journey that his story became. As I’ve played him, I’ve attempted to continually refine my roleplaying, and as I got to explore him more, I found Wally both more challenging and more rewarding to play. I’ve loved writing him, and I’m so thankful for the amazing players (and their characters) who made the past year(+) what it's been.

I’m going to give shout-outs to several characters that Wally has interacted with over this time, because without them, this past year would have been nothing. You have all made this time incredible, and allowed me to shape Wally into the person he is today. I will certainly miss some people, because there’s been so many people over what is basically 14+ IG years, and I’m SO sorry if I miss you. Please call yourself out if you interacted with Wally and I’ll reply :D

In some semblance of chronological order:

Early Days, Skal Crew: Wally began his playable life on Skaljard in ~152/153, where he (and I!) had no idea what was going on, other than 1) its cold, 2) everything wants to murder him. He made some fast friends in the likes of people like:
Aleilsum Elirum: Aleilsum, who from day-one gave off this incredibly world-weary, knowledgeable, noble vibe that has persisted over the years. The player sells this character VERY well, in a variety of ways: how he talks, how he lives, how he refers to the people he knows. I love when you can get such a sense of a character from a few lines of dialogue and that’s Aleil. I’m glad Wally and Aleil got to reconnect and spend some time together later on in Cordor, whether in Gauntlet matters or just social visits.
James (Jim) Millerson: Jim; wiry, sleight-of-hand, clever but not booksmart, (“My sister’s the smart one, Wally!”), quick with a joke and with a Waterdeep accent. I love the way this character is played. Wally and Jim lost touch after a few years, but reconnected TEN years later in Bendir Dale, and I’m so glad for it! And I’ll never forget the ridiculous timing of Jim showing up you-know-where when Wally did NOT expect it. One in a million timing, that. Or the way you SO well sold Jim’s complete freak-out at the realizations related to some of the individuals he was in conversation with. I don’t know if Jim will be sticking around, but I certainly hope I get to interact with this player in the future.
Matilda Veresi: Matilda, Wally has you to thank for getting off of Skal, as I seem to recall a very last-minute strongly-worded suggestion for him to take that boat before the thaw. How different his life would have turned out if he stayed behind longer! I’m glad that before Wally’s return to Neverwinter, the two got to meet up again in Guldorand.

And of course, he met Bo Toegazer in Skal, but I’ll save her for later.

Phase One, Bendir and Elsewhere (153-158ish): Wally landed in Arelith from Skal and _almost_ ended up a Guldorander, as he received a delightful tour of the place from Ezekiel Klennald (a character I miss very much, who made Wally feel truly welcome in Arelith and in Guldorand. This player was SO inclusive, a real RP creator). However, his reconnection with Bo Toegazer led him to Bendir Dale, where he got to meet several OTHER wonderful characters that dramatically influenced his direction. In no particular order…
Tabitha Fuzzypaw: Tabby was really the character that tipped the scale for Wally to just go ahead and call himself a Bendirian. She was the one who made him feel _welcome_ in the Halfling village, at one point very explicitly ordering him to buy a room in the Hawk’s nest Inn on the spot. Wally still has that writ of permission from 153, and it is one of his most cherished possessions. Her choice to make Wally Bendir’s Librarian when she stepped down was a dramatic influence to Wally that really helped me develop the Oghmite side of him, and I am so thankful that Tabby decided to do that. A delightful player who also isn’t afraid to deliver on Tabby’s strong opinions, which has resulted in some excellent arguments over the years. I think this player did a wonderful job bringing Bendir’s atmosphere to the forefront; Tabby was always jokes, food, fun, and then a quick flash to sternness when appropriate! Tabby truly sold atmosphere of the town.
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot: One of Wally’s closest friends during this period of time. Exhibited a goodness that Wally _really_ latched onto. I will ALWAYS remember how he felt when, after he witnessed some murders in Cordor, he walked, pale-faced, somewhat shaken through the city, and ran into Ember in the Mercantile. That single moment, recognizing his pain, taking him back to the serenity of Bendir Dale … a truly defining moment. I loved Ember, she was such a delight to interact with and a great character.
Rhael Silverwind: Rhael was such a strong influence for Wally during this period of time. He is THE character that got him to join the Hawk’in as the (at the time) only other non-Earthkin that was a member. How many conversations did Wally and Rhael have about whether or not Wally should take the step forward to be a part of Bendir?
I love the way this player plays their characters, and Rhael was such an excellent friend to Wally. Wally’s later years in the Hawk’in was influenced strongly by what he saw Rhael contributing during that early time.
Perri S. Underfoot: Oh, Perri. I don’t even know where to begin with Perri! What a mischief-maker. This player brings a serious amount of fun to their characters, and isn’t at all afraid for their character to be the butt of the joke. I love that Wally and Perri’s relationship has gone through so many arcs … it has even been strained at times, where they were at each others’ throats over things! And yet, through all that, they overcame, and still maintained a close bond. A delightful player. Incredibly imaginative. The kind of player who will put wonderful detail and thought into a simple dungeon run. Nothing is routine with Perri’s player, and I hope we get to play together again sometime!
Tulip Thistleburr: Very fun player, I miss all of Tulip-and-Perri’s antics, adventures, and experiments. I feel as if these two always had some caper planned, and they were great RP creators for Bendir.
Milo Fernward: Miss ya, Milo. Milo was, for a long time, a real center of Bendir for Wally. Outgoing, involved in everything, and always bringing the fun. Wally, Bo, and Milo were a great crew. I don’t have much to say about Milo other than a ridiculously fond memory of him charging towards Guldorand during the Shadow War and shouting “TO BROG!!!” at the top of his lungs. I was sad when Milo needed to take a break but I know how these things go.
Gully Longbuck: Gully! The Hawk’in Commander who Wally, outsider-as-he-felt to Bendir Dale ESPECIALLY back then, so desperately wanted to impress. Fond memories of dealing with threats to the isle, and Wally doing what he could to prove himself. I wish they had more time together, but schedules being as they are, oh well.
Varik Longbeard: Varik… The stern Hawk’in who eventually became stern Commander, and who did so much for the Hawk’in. I miss playing with this player, and I’m very sad that IG events caused the two to drift apart.
Rufus Overhill: Rufus, Wally’s drinking buddy, darts friend, and person to talk to when things were complicated! They drifted apart in recent years, some of it Wally’s fault (>.>) and this is a thing he regrets. I’ve enjoyed playing with this character since Wally first ran into them in Bendir ages ago. Miss ya, Rufus.
Peram Flint: This character had no memory of who Wally was, and yet Wally NEVER forgot him. Such a well-played villain. Really, every interaction with this character was fantastic. Wally never forgot that sewer flooding incident. I really wish these two had had more opportunities to interact, you deftfully wove his disdain into every single line of dialogue.
Kithri Branchfare: KITHRI! What a delightful character. Thanks for the riddles, the fun conversation, the AMAZING description you put into the Truthseeker bow you made Wally. You were one of many rocks Wally had in Bendir, someone to rely on, to talk to, to be his friend.
Elero: Thank you for always throwing the best parties, and for the Dancing Bear Brewery, may its ale carry on forever!
Angela Amana: A long-lived character with SO much history, and an incredible ability to share it, with delightfully imaginative roleplay. I love how you incorporate the arcane into the way Angela communicates, and you do it so well. I took a lot of inspiration from you!! I hope you like the one book Wally wrote about Angela’s past, and I’m sorry I never managed my time better to have him write a second. I will greatly miss playing with you. Perhaps if/when Wally returns, they can continue their discussions, which were ALWAYS a highlight.
Rowlind Salem: One of Wally’s very old friends, who he reconnected with again and again, each time as if no time at all had passed. From the Bramble Watch to Bendir Dale, and to Rowlind’s untimely demise, for which Wally never entirely forgave himself. I’m so glad he got to connect with Rowlind’s brother and get a little closure.
Legalena “Legs”: An incredibly detailed and complex character, Wally never really understood her, only bits and pieces. I looooove the way this player brought so much life to this mysterious person, who Wally always felt like had layers of goals. You played her wonderfully, and I hope we get to interact again at some point.
Catalina Del Valle: Cat... Wally’s friend in books from the early days. A knowledge and archival machine, the amount of texts you unearthed from all around the server was incredible. There are very few people who work so hard to keep the IG lore alive like you did. I miss her, not just for the books, but for the fireside chats and the friendship.
And of course, the others around during those days I know I’ve missed some from this era… <3s to you all.

Phase Two, Bendir and Elsewhere (159-166): Inevitably, after several storylines ended and characters shelved, my interest in Wally died down around AR 158, and probably would have stayed that way, except…
Ries: Ries. What a character. She came into Bendir, completely captured Wally’s attention with her genuine interest in, well, everything, and the way Ries had such reality, depth, and raw emotion brought me back from letting Wally just disappear. I love the way this player writes, and the arcs were fantastic. I truly appreciate the conflict this player brought to the storyline I got to experience, and can’t thank you enough for it. Your RP game is excellent. Ries and Wally drifting in different directions was incredibly hard for me, and it just makes those moments and their story all the more memorable. I am so glad and so thankful for their last, tear-jerking conversation together.
Rhaeg: I don’t have enough positive things to say about this character. What a PRESENCE that was brought to every interaction, every situation. A character fully committed to their ideals. I’m so sad that Wally only got to meet Rhaeg later in his life on Arelith, and that they never got to resolve some of their last discussions/arguments/tension. There are several favorite moments for me with Rhaeg, but that scene at the Zodiac Stones and the time on the boat-ride are front and center.
Gavin SmallBurrow: If Bendir Dale had an official mentor, it’d be Gavin. Thoughtful, and always committed to his duty as Burrowhome’s Alderkin of Faith. I love how almost every day I would observe Gavin offering someone advice, taking someone on a walk, offering them the chance to express their feelings, their emotions, their troubles. Some of the advice-walks Gavin and Wally took are so memorable to me. And the Handfasting that you ran for Wally and Bo was perfect. I appreciate the work you put into this character, and I’ll miss you, bud.
Ivy Pebbletoe: The quirky, amusing, giving, and incredibly friendly Ivy, whose company Wally always found enjoyable. I always will cherish the little chats they had. Oh and of course, who can forget this little magical mishap (wish I had taken a screencap, but this’ll have to do): :lol:

Code: Select all

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Wed Jul 29 03:35:48] Ivy Pebbletoe killed Wallace Lyonall

Quin Ryder: Bendir Library’s resident supplier of all things wood. Quin! Bendir’s other tallie (well, one of them!) who would frequently give Wally advice on one situation or another. I love Quin, I’m so sorry he didn’t get to see Wally closer to the end, but perhaps they’ll get a chance to reconnect in the future.
Rossira Tosscobble: Oh, Rossy... Rossy and Wally became a TRUE team at the Hawk’in, with Wally’s advice and mentorship to Rossy being mirrored right back in her own advice to him, particularly when he was struggling with his own personal challenges. Wally depended on Rossy and considered her his Hawk’in confidant, and she inspired him to work hard, to make a difference. Thank you for all of the good times, the conflict, the arguments, the totally-appropriate lectures, the sharing of Rossy and Mae’s backstory, the demonstrations involving gems placed on the ground… ;-) I love this character.
Sebastian Jasper: I always enjoyed Wally and Bash’s interactions, and especially when they got to go on little adventures. Their impromptu decision to explore the Shadow Plane was especially one of my favorites. I’m glad that near the end of my time with Wally, Wally got to learn more about Bash’s backstory and help him through some challenging personal decisions. HOOPLA!
Flippa Ridstone: Flippa, bringing a gold-standard halfling villager character to the forefront of Bendir, with absolutely nonstop antics that threatened to reach Wally’s threshold on SO many occasions. But then how could you hold it against her, when she followed some prank or comment up with a cookie and a kind word? Love ya Flippa, sorry-not-sorry that Wally was so Wally at the end! <3
Megan Rosewind: Megan, thanks for all the good chats, even the ones where her and Wally descended into argument! Whether butting heads over paperwork or just enjoying some relaxing darts in Bendir, I did enjoy her presence and the time they did get to spend interacting with one another.
Lief Saltvik: Lief, thank you so much for all the chats, though I wish we had time for more of them! I’m so glad Wally managed to get Lief involved in the Library, and that circumstances led him to a life in Bendir. Lief is a very interesting character who Wally could never quite figure out completely, though he did try a few times ;-) Kudos to all of the Bendir RP, especially that truly wonderful idea of the Limerick Contest of 163.
Meriam (Merry) Fuzzypaw: I think by this time I had extended my playtime into ranges when I could catch Merry more frequently, and I am so thankful for that. Merry was all sorts of things to Wally … a mentor on Bendirian government, on hinfolk, on life, a friend, someone Wally wished to impress, but also an adversary and critic when the situation was right! Their friendship could have gone awry so many different times, but they stuck it out, and held strong. Thank you for spending the time to share Merry with me and teach Wally her backstory, her concerns, her hopes for Bendir’s future.
Bruce Dabble: I really enjoyed Bruce from the moment Wally interviewed him for the Hawk’in, and Wally knew he would be a challenge. I’m really sorry that Bruce decided to go another way, and I miss Bruce’s antics giving Wally such a hard time. Oh, the resulting paperwork… ;-) Hope you’re having fun and we get to play together again!
Miatza Cranstone: From an impromptu jaunt through the Forest of Despair looking for Wolfsbane to an Elite of the Hawk’in, I loved every minute of Wally getting to know Mia, and I’m so glad that, while Wally and Mia didn’t have a LOT of time together, they did have their moments.
Kithara Dreamcrusher: I can’t give you enough kudos for SO many fireside chats in the Bendir Library discussing religion, politics, Rhaeg and his Tyranny’s Eclipse, Kithara’s plans, Wally’s personal struggles, the list goes on… Even though Kithara and Wally argued often, they still managed to maintain their friendship.
Dellie Starswallow and Perry Blackweed: Such an incredibly interesting pair, these two. I remember with vivid detail the awkward, nearly-walking-on-eggshells conversation Wally had with Perry in his cottage, and I’m glad they overcome that to become friendly. Perry’s player did SUCH a great job capturing the tension in that moment. And Dellie! What a wonderful Ilmateri, shining bright in the face of pain, strife, and struggle. Someone described Dellie to Wally as having an infectious optimism, and I’d say that’s very accurate.
Tilly: A character that I wish Wally had gotten to spend more time with. One of my favorite Tilly moments was the lengthy discussion Wally had with her on a settlement’s government and its relation to what good can be achieved compared to individual freedom. Also, Tillyliquor. Joy n’ serenity, to you, Tilly.
Burin: Burin the Archdruid is an amazing presence. Though Wally wasn’t involved often with Grove matters, and while Wally himself had a complicated “respect but not always agree” relationship with Burin, I loved witnessing this character do his thing. There are few characters who I think capture “wise, mentoring Druid” as well as Burin does. Burin, I wish you well ;-)
Salasker Dusk: Thank you for always creating memorable RP for Wally, even with him being so far away and always stuck in Bendir, you never ceased to bring some mystery to Wally’s life. I know that we never continued some of those storylines, but there’s always the possibility of the future. Fingers crossed!
Aeradir Escarion: Fantastic character. By-the-book, detail-oriented, ridiculously thorough, and dependable. I loved the RP with this character especially involving the Bramble murder investigaiton, and the continued opportunities Wally got to interact with Aeradir as both of them rose through their respective organizations. And hey, kudos on forming the Lanceboard League. Too bad Wally only played one official game :D
Emma Young: While not a character that Wally got to interact with often, I’m super thankful of the time they did spend together, whether in dramatic arguments or pleasant social visits. What I observed, regardless of Wally’s opinion, is that you brought a fire to Emma that is truly awesome, and I’m super impressed at your ability to become such a mover and shaker in Cordor and elsewhere. Will miss playing with you!
Quirina Chaedris: I’m so glad Wally got to know Quirina and that she introduced him to the Soulhaven Library. Though these two didn’t know each other well, they connected over a variety of things, including loss, which led to some incredible RP. I will never forget that time discussing a lost friend in the Hawk’s Nest Inn. You portray Quirina’s emotions and quirks so well, and create such a vivid image in my mind.
Sythaeryn Dawnwing: You bring SO much to Syth’s character. I love how inclusive you make Syth to RP, and how much depth and detail you have put into Syth’s backstory, his drama, his condition... From dearly heartwarming moments over a drink or chocolate in Bendir, to leading an incredible server-wide assault upon a Demilich fortress, to quiet and complicated conversations amongst friends, thank you.
Sigo Fellpocked: I love how real Warden Sigo felt, from Wally’s very first run-in with him in Bendir, to their friendship developed in the Tower and through various other initiatives. I always enjoy when a player makes their magic use a fundamental part of their character’s personality, and you absolutely bring that with Sigo. I’m glad Wally and Sigo had that game of lanceboard, as I think that’s the last time Wally saw him. Hope you’re doing well, wherever you are, and perhaps we’ll play together again in the future!
Buppi: Oh, Buppi. Probably the character on this list that gave Wally the most grief, in SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS, and yet someone who Wally also respected (begrudgingly at first, then emphatically, even when it made things incredibly uncomfortable for him). Conflict and all, I so appreciate/appreciated their friendship, and Buppi’s affection for the thoughtful and conscientious “Dire Hin.” (Also, thanks for coining that phrase, it's amazing) And how Buppi-like to even make Wally and Bo’s last scene (for now!) have a little conflict >.> You are wholly dedicated to your character and fully embrace them, and it shows. Thank you for the incredible attention to detail, the long conversations, and allllllllll the conflict. Are there more good times and bad to come in Wally and Buppi's future? Possibly!
Ren Engeve’te’lyn: I never could have predicted that Wally and Ren’s brief and momentary encounter in Cordor, and then a completely random walk around Minmir, would lead to such a deep and meaningful friendship for Wally. Ren is such a great character, and became one of Wally’s closest friends. You pour so much into her, and it shows, bringing her to life in every interest Ren has, in her backstory and how it affects her in ways big and small, in every friend she makes, in her own emotional struggles and the way she talks through them. I loved getting to further develop Wally and explore him in his relationship with Ren, and Wally will miss his friend dearly, but hopefully a visit or two isn’t that far away.
Borik Blacklock: I had the privilege of getting to know Borik on TWO different characters, and from the very moment I interacted with him, I knew he had the Dwarven vibe down. Stoic, serious, proud but not overly boastful, maybe-just-a-little-bit-anti-human ;-)... This player thinks carefully about how Borik communicates and it is very clear. I am super appreciative of all the time you spent trying to create cross-faction RP between the Kuldarn and the Hawk’in. I hope we get to play together again.
Relds Matural: Wally’s known Relds for a long time! They always connected over books/library matters, and I always loved how you played Relds with such an attention to his nerdy, book and history, deep research oriented self. And I deeply appreciate the epic-ness of their interaction one evening outside of Wally’s cottage… miss ya, Relds.
Embrek Shatterforge: Wally had a great respect for the Overseer, and his investigative techniques. Always loved chatting with you and the rest of the Kuldarn. Thanks for all the late-night convos in the Wally cottage discussing various plots.
Valdrin: The incredibly exuberant Kaxanar, with an appropriate and healthy appetite for glory and risk. Wally’s interactions with Valdrin weren’t many, but I greatly enjoyed the ways Valdrin made himself known.
Oak Mountainbrew: Why was it so enjoyable for Oak to be involved in so many jokes and pranks?! For whatever reason, it was, and I’m thankful for it! I will fondly remember MANY Bruce+Oak incidents, and how Wally, the thoughtful mediator that he is, was caught in the middle, trying to do the right thing. Miss you, Oak.

And so many others.. Maya, Maebyn, Trixie, Vivi, Vulcan… I’m sure I’ve forgotten some, and I’m sorry!

And, of course...
Bo Toegazer(Lyonall): The character that has single-handedly influenced Wally _so much_ into the person that he ended up becoming. He arrived on the isle of Skal as a mildly rebellious, out-for-a-joke-but-with-a-good-heart young adult without much direction, and found in Bo his friend, his mentor, his moral compass, his ally, and eventually, his love. I knew this character was special when they immediately chastised Wally for not reaching out to his parents to let them know he had arrived safely on the isle of Skal, emphasizing the importance of family to this man who had his own complicated relationship with the concept. (And by the way, especially for a new RPer, thank you so much for engaging so much with his backstory) I can still remember the pangs of loss he felt when Bo went off to Arelith and Wally stayed behind on Skal until the next thaw, and then how gratifying it was when they reconnected in Bendir Dale. Thank you for sharing Bo's backstory, her challenges, her hopes, her wisdom, and her love with Wally. Some of their conversations have been some of the most rewarding I’ve experienced, and this is all because of the amount of effort the player puts into committing to their character concept 100% of the way, even when it is extremely uncomfortable, challenging, difficult, etc.. Major kudos. Bo is another one of those characters that brings it in every single line of dialogue. Thank you for playing Wally’s partner (in various ways), from start to the very “end”. I look forward to any future screen-time these two happen to have in any visits they may make to Arelith.

Well, that was FAR longer than it probably should be. I loved playing this character and saying goodbye to him is truly bittersweet. I hope you found your playing with Wally to be enjoyable and I hope to play with you all again in the future. Much love.
Current: N/A! (for now)
Shelved: Wallace (Wally) Lyonall
Discord: pandincus#5007

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Wallace Lyonall Shelving Kudos

Post by AnselHoenheim » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:05 am

Wally has been a really interesting character, firstly when Megan met him, she gave the vibes of a librarian that was always immersed in paperwork and books, and as soon as she found out he became captain, she tried to advice him as best as she could, althought as you say, they ended into a clash because of different ideals.

I'm already looking forward to meet your next character, you are an excellent roleplayer and we love u plenty! <3

I will never sleep

Post by I will never sleep » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Hey. I play(ed) Ries. Her early interactions with Wally and how she inspired you to stick with him really warms my heart.

Wally himself was also a character that practically breathed life into the world around him. Your RP was always amazing, along with your consistency to be able to contextually react to pretty much anything, even when you were dead tired, which made you a joy to play with. I do hope you stick around, and I do hope we can continue on new characters with new stories.

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Revyn and Wally had a fun friendship, ended unexpectedly soon. It was nice to have another human in the Dale! Glad you had fun on Wally's journey and enjoy your break.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:02 pm

Wally is an incredible portrayal of a character. You have done a fantastic job with his stories and arcs and I am glad every single time I get to interact with him. Thank you for the kind words! I am relieved to know he is merely taking a break and not gone for good. I look forward to our future RP!
Burin the Earthly.

OleBlighty
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by OleBlighty » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:45 pm

It's a shame that our characters met so late in Wally's Arelith life but I am truly glad they did, he gave a good link to Bendir and was also a terrifically enjoyable person with which to interact.

You are a very giving roleplayer, I always felt like my time was valued by you even as you had dozens of other people who wished to bend your ear.

Very much looking forward to seeing your next PC and of course to seeing Wally return on his visits. Make them often!
"Moradin's will! I ask ye, wish not one Dwarf more!
By Clangeddin, I am nae covetous for gold,
Nor care I for comely lasses!
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin tae covet honour,
I'm th' most offendin' soul alive!"

Salasker

Post by Salasker » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:35 pm

One of the top notch characters I've interacted with and players I've met. Always willing to make time and bend to a story. Kudos back is not nearly enough. Enjoy the rest, looking forward to seeing what you do next and glad I got the chance to say good bye to Wallace. A true joy to have played alongside you!

Zan

Post by Zan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:03 am

Wally was an absolute pleasure to know over the months we played together :) Enjoy your break mate, and look forward to playing with you again on your return!
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"

Gideon DeVay

Post by Gideon DeVay » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 am

My interactions with Wally were cursory, but I hope you know that you were always fun and engaging to be around. I appreciated your style and inclusiveness each time! Good luck with future escapades.

Drak
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Drak » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:07 am

I enjoyed what little time Milo had with Wally and Bo, you guys were fun always fun to interact with! <3

CNS

Post by CNS » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:30 am

Tulip was my first real Arelith Character, Wally was one of the people who made her feel welcome and part of a community and that extended out to me the RL person as well.

Great job buddy and I hope to see you around again soon!

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:13 am

Absolutely loved every minute of RP with you both on Ember and Emma. You're a gem. IG and OOC. I hope you enjoy your break and that we get to see you and Paaraandisen again. Love you both!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Hanover Fiste

Post by Hanover Fiste » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:41 pm

Elder Aphia (shelved except for special occasions these days) certainly missed giving you a final bout of "secret healing". Our interactions amongst my various toons were always awesome. BZ! (Bravo Zulu)

theCountofMonteCristo

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:47 pm

My character didn't interact a whole lot with Wallace, but what I did get was always enjoyable. Wally always had interesting things to talk about, and I fear that the candle that is Bendir is a little bit dimmer without his presence.

I wish you the best of luck on your next character(s), and look forward to RPing together again.

Aleilsum Ellrum
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Aleilsum Ellrum » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Wally, we never rp'd enough but it was a pleasure each time. Your character is great and the last meal with Bo was just 2 hours' pure enjoyment.

Look forward to seeing you on your next character :)

Nuketech
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nuketech » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:25 am

Every once in a while a character shows up with a certain gravity to them, like their personality draws people and story to them. When you get an idea for a fun interaction or something interesting happens you gravitate to that person to share it with. Wally was very much one of these characters.

His openness to RP whether it was conflict or joke and his genuine feel made him a stand-out presence. His commitment to stick out problems and push people through some tough RP situations was a blessing to those he interacted with. He will be sorely missed, and I very much look forward to his visits. I'm sorry I couldn't be around for his farewell but I know it would be his last.

Love Perri.

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Wallace was a great character. One of those I admired greatly for being so organic and gravitational for RP, but also felt sorry for due to the sheer volume of people trying to get his attention all the time. :D Well played!!

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:46 pm

OleBlighty wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:45 pm
You are a very giving roleplayer, I always felt like my time was valued by you even as you had dozens of other people who wished to bend your ear.
This statement rings true. While Leon's application to the Hawk'ins was a means to an end, I never felt like I, as a player, was ignored due to what my character might be doing. I appreciate how authentic and inclusive you have been with Wally. He was/is a genuine character.

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Wally was and is a great character, but personally most appreciated how generous he was with his time -- ensuring everyone got a piece of his majesty!

Several times I would offer to postpone something, as I would catch you just as you were planning to log off, but you would tend to power through nonetheless (even if it was over something hilariously petty involving Oak's archnemesis and tentative friend, Bruce). I'm pleased (and perhaps relieved!) that you enjoyed it all -- I certainly did!

Regrettably, as my time to play has lessened and IG commitments have increased, it has been my time available to see Bendir and Wally that has suffered the most. But even if I didnt see him, the memory and reminder of him always came through in the official writings Oak received. I love how his personality came through even in the driest of reports!

You and Wally both have more than earned their break. I hope we see you again soon.

Arcbled
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Arcbled » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Tilly was given the wrong time for Wally's leaving party. Mercifully, she didn't kill anyone over this mistake.

Tilly would walk into Bendir regularly just to ask if Wally was around, because she felt a kindred spirit in him. I wish we got to RP far, far more. ♥
"All we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means."

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:21 am

Wally is absolutely fantastic, and so is the player. A treat to play with and well missed. The best dire hin <3

Pavlovian Penguin

Post by Pavlovian Penguin » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:36 pm

I'm late to the party, as always!

Wallace is such an incredible character. He feels so real and tangible that it makes me want to cross the screen and give him a long big hug.

Definitely will be missed! I hope to see him again at some point (in one circumstance) or another. Massive kudos to you for playing such a fantastic character with so many facets.

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Tabby » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Re:
I was moved to read segments of Wally and his views of Bendir/Tabby.
I remember particular when she handed over the Library to Wally.. emotional it was a so hard thing to do, but also so rewarding to hand it over to an outsider, a long leg, a non-hin. As we all saw him as.. the Hin-Giant.. i had Many many good RP moments with Wally.

I miss him alot <3 <3 <3

Dormant Character: Tabitha Fuzzypaw - Shelved, searching all corners for treasures and secrets.
Misty Scrollsinger - Still searching answers, but is now elsewhere

Rolled Character: Björn Njald - sailed on new adventures

Lilah_Novi
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Lilah_Novi » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:01 pm

This is super late, because I had just started my last semester of uni + a thesis when you shelved, but I just saw this!!
Wallace was such a great character, and I wish I could have gotten to know him even more.
Thank you for all your time, and I hope you see you around sometime!!

-Dellie
Miranel Moonmint, Revealer of Sehanine
Prellia Praline Nuthatch Aemaris Arvanyr, Former Lorekeeper of Myon
Dellie Starswallow, Painbearer of Ilmater