Tilly: For the Love of Life

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Arcbled
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Tilly: For the Love of Life

Post by Arcbled » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:25 am

A lot's happened with Tilly. She's become one of the most fulfilling character's I've RP'd, given me plenty of excuses to explore conceptual territory I've not gone into before and she's also allowed me plenty of opportunity to go utterly ridiculous on item descriptions.

From her humble origins as a layabout social critic in Cordor right up to her being given the title of Menhirian, she's been an absolute blast to play and I hope people have enjoyed their time with my lethargic philosopher-baker.

So, she's on a break. Not a long one - probably less than a week, even. I've been needing to step back for a while, and I've been way more sporadic in logging in recently as a result of *current year troubles*, so hopefully this time will do me good and I'll come back swinging and fully motivated.

Onto the kudos! I am a fiend, so I will absolutely, without doubt, forget to mention dozens of people who deserve to be here. It's not you, it's me (being inept).

Hospitality - "I am skeptical of the idea that one can defend their means by pointing to their ends. There are no ends, only means."

One of the first people to acknowledge Tilly in a vaguely professional sense. Tilly quickly took a liking to Hospitality's views on the law and how it should operate, and even while it wasn't like they agreed on everything it was easy for Tilly to respect the process Hospitality strove for.

Tug - 'The best of us'.

Tug was a cutie. It was a heartbreaking moment when Tilly, after having baked dozens of pies for Tug and the Strangers, walked into Cordor only to see her statue covered in flowers. It's become one of Tilly's most deep-rooted traditions, whenever she visits Cordor, to lay a Potion of Tug at the foot of the statue. And to call people running around with weapons out vapeheads.

Elspeth Derlson/Lynndain. - "I worry he may try to kill me, Derlson." "I will break his knees if he tries that."

Elspeth was one of the first people Tilly interviewed where it felt like the interviews were a good idea. She's such a richly woven character with a delightful focus on balancing the tenets of her faith with the practicalities of reality. She became, easily, one of the only reasons why Tilly would make the trip to Cordor. Partly to ensure her friend was safe, stable and happy, and partly because of...

Denny Walvish - "*Taxidermy is considered an artform, Tilly's facial expression seems to suggest.*" "*His knees are nervous.*"

One of the most inadvertently infuriating characters I've ever loved to deal with. Ever since the Brandt battle, Denny became a consistent target of Tilly's focus, and every time Tilly thought she would be able to stop, step back and leave 'The Daily Denny' alone something else would happen and she'd be right back on his case. I felt bad devoting so much time towards ruining Denny's day, but I got over it. A fascinating character, made more interesting when Tilly sat down and spoke with him earnestly after the Twisted Rune were dealt with. Love the Wallfish.

Emma Young - "You're a friend, Emma. Even after all of this."

Someone that Tilly's always appreciated, even when she doesn't give Emma respect. The first trial Tilly ever went to was Emma's, and it mostly consisted of Tilly and Tug whispering about how Emma should be forgiven for making a mistake. She's adorable, and <3 to you.

Rory Tate - 'It's just because of the sideburns.'

It's just because of the sideburns.

Peram Flint - "I need you to tell me I'm not a bad person, Tilly. I need it."

Tilly's biggest benefactor and one of her closest friends in her early days. Peram Flint expressing his guilt and regrets to Tilly was some of the most powerful RP I had back in Tilly's Cordor-living-days, and the more lighthearted scenes (like Peram's hilarious jokes about the world being a sphere, the kidder) were also fabulous. Even with the nerfs, Tilly's not getting rid of the gear that Peram made and got for her. He was, for a long time, her best friend.

Rhaeg - "You actually read it?" "Reclaim the shadows, break the chains."

Rhaeg was one of the most captivating characters I've ever interacted with, and I wish I got to do more with him. Tilly still places bottles of beer whenever she walks by the tribute she made for him, and often she looks at what she's become and wonders if Rhaeg would approve. Fantastic.

Oskarr - "...You wrote a book about the Brandts? But I was-... I almost finished my own."

Oskarr's cute, and I adore him with every fibre of my being. Tilly showing him to Benwick and explaining the moral tragedy she sees it as was lovely. His constant support, diligence and friendship over the years? Cherished. His devotion to balanced and reasoned judgement? Admirable. He? Cute.

Buppi - "Wanna see my weird ball?" "Yes, actually."

"Oskarr has a point, Buppi. Buppi doesn't care, Oskarr." Honestly, there's dozens of quotes and memories of Tilly's tumultuous relationship with Buppi, but those two are some of the most memorable. Buppi the murdercat has been a friend, enemy, ally, loose associate, begrudging acquaintance and just about every other variation to Tilly at some point. He taught Tilly a very important lesson; never trust that someone can change completely. Buppi's up there with the greats - he's a richly written, deep and delightful misery to be around, and he's utterly unpredictable while also coming across as fiendishly calculating. A class act.

Coeusa Drossaico - "You turned to privateer work?" "Piracy. Do not sully it with legitimacy it did not hold."

Another character who's potential for quotes is frankly impossible to deal with. "I almost stabbed a woman today. Refrained, for it would not be wise." He's bizarrely become one of Tilly's more trusted confidants, despite the fact that Tilly knows that he could easily be the most dangerous man she's ever met, who's own philosophy is almost antithetical to her own. Every interaction with Coeusa is dripping with personality, and no interview that Tilly has ever conducted has gone off the rails in the same way that his did. It's easily the longest one, too, as everyone who read it commented when Tilly handed over about nine pages. "He is trying to put words to things that are apart from conventional form, reason or logic. Relaying this to another lacking the same experience is extremely onerous, indeed."

John - "Come, come. *With a serious expression, he presents a ring.* Will you marry me?" "No. Why d'ya' ask?" "...That was a let down."

John is best boy. He's someone who Tilly finds remarkable in his focus, yet can't help but laugh at. He's a real rabblerouser, and we've had countless scenes that've impressed me immensely. The saga of John Lymitre, especially, was hilarious to experience. Tilly will never stop screeching at people who believe they're married. Speaking of which...

DM Grumpycat - "Y'may try to suppress it by existin' within th'Dread Zhentarim, but you are, at truth, you. A wholly unique individual, a part of life. But, you may go." "Oh, um, no- no need. Reinforcements have arrived." "...Ah. Well. Rude of ya'."

That scene was a perfect moment to encapsulate what Tilly's all about, and I thank you immensely for giving me the opportunity to try and convert a Zhentarim NPC.

Burin - GAH. PICKING A QUOTE FOR BURIN IS EVEN HARDER. GOSH.

"I hope you two do not make the same mistakes again. I do not believe in guilt by association. This situation was complex and delicate, but know this... If I were in service to a noble family, and came to learn of their crimes against nature? *He leans in a bit, speaking deeply from within his throat.* I would turn the desert to glass before sewing another blanket on their behalf." "marry me."

"If you break her heart, I'll burn your church to the ground. *He says with a cheery smile.*"

"Well Tilly, you see, I was walking in the forest when I stumbled upon a log. Laden with moss, you see! It was then that I peered into the moss, and what should I see? A mushroom! It was very exciting." "Yessss. Mossy log mushroom. Finally."

Burin is best boy. The best. Tilly's actual best friend, the light in her days, her reprieve, her comfort blanket, her buddy. When Tilly questioned if she was a problem to the Grove, Burin told her she was a part of the Grove. When Tilly's been sad, it's Burin that cheers her up. When Burin is happy, Tilly is happy. He is the Macho Man Randy Savage to Tilly's Miss Elizabeth. Nobody fills a room like Burin. What a legend, Burin.

Lora Gallenson - "The ability to do something is the only way to determine if it happens. It does not mean that it is 'right' in that others may not oppose it. In the end, the greatest strength's desires prevail." "D'ya' view this as 'good'?" "I view it as the natural state of the world.

A richly written villain who felt fantastically consistent no matter where their moral compass fell.

Essie Cruz - "Most hear tyranny and run in fear or fight to protect their freedoms. They forget that we all are chained to one master or another, so I simply accepted my chains and offered myself to His will."

I wish Tilly got to know Essie better before she died. Their interview was a fun exploration of a more thoughtful take on Bane's ideology, and I loved every minute of it. To this day, Tilly still says that if Essie Cruz was the leader of the Zhentarim then things would've panned out so incredibly differently for the isle.

Sei - "His accent's somehow worse than yours, Tilly."

A wonderful friend for Tilly to have during the Twisted Rune saga, and there's a lot of effort put into making him actually come across as a scholar of tactics and strategy. Love 'em.

The Voidcult - ???

Tilly's only ever had brief interactions with Voidcultists, yet they take up roughly 60% of the real estate in her head. Well played.

Garrett Kelson - "May he find rest, no longer chasing that which will always elude."

Kelson's on the big list of 'characters I wish Tilly got to spend more time with'. There was a long, long period where Tilly spent a considerable amount of time fangirling over Kelson's thorough documentation and notes, and reading some of his works filled up plenty of time. A lovely character.

Vance Gravelle - "There's just never enough time, Tilly."

A king. Even browsing through my notes on him I get a little teary-eyed. I was a wreck over Vance's final moments. An amazing character without compare. Enough said.

Wallace Lyonall - "Wally's just 'bout th'greatest thing taller'n five feet in Bendir. Maybe four."

Tilly missing his leaving party was a tragedy :<

---

ALRIGHT. This has taken way longer than I thought, so I'll add to this as it comes to me. In general, this may as well be a kudos to Arelith as a whole. Thank you for putting up with me!
"All we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means."

Cybren

Re: Tilly: For the Love of Life

Post by Cybren » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:00 pm

I have about 15 characters that I consistently say are a "top 5" of all the one's i've gotten to interact with, but Tilly is without a doubt actually in the actual top 5.

Sadrithos

Post by Sadrithos » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:57 pm

Tilly is an absolute treasure, Gallows holds her in far higher regard than he tends to let on.
Current Characters:
Galen Gallows, Burden of Heartwood.
Rauverie La'Fane, #1 Dad.

Xarge VI

Post by Xarge VI » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Tilly is great and though I regret the scarcity of our encounters Tilly is one of Odtgan's favorite persons to stalk. Usually when I hit that -scry button I get to witness something interesting.

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Thank you for the kind words, I didn't know you were cataloguing quotes!

It's difficult to describe just how impactful Tilly the Tilly has been. Both IC and as an OOC friend, we've been through so much together. First and foremost, your ability to portray a character through roleplay is simply outstanding. I enjoy every second I get with Tilly and the duo we have together is second to none.

Thank you, and kudos!
Burin the Earthly.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:46 pm

Cuteness can only come when I run into a character that's generous and excellent.

Which I guess sums up Tilly pretty well.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Arcbled
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Arcbled » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:12 pm

Oh, also, late by like a literal decade, but Nizram was cool too, Seven Sons of Sin. I don't think I gave kudos to him all the way back on Sarah Sanders, so ♥.
"All we've actually got is each other. You decide what that means."

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:27 pm

tilly is the best

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Tilly's great, she's definitely someone I wished I got to spend more time with on Garrett too. The whole Grove, actually. But there was always too much going on. Thank you for the RP we did have, I enjoyed Tilly's personality and quirks.

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 pm

I could write a whole segment dedicated to how awesome Tilly is. My favourite moments hands down are pulling a skull out of her sleeves during a Cordor forum thing. So well written, so well roleplayed, and muchos fanx for bein' swell.

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

good man of god
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by good man of god » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:49 pm

its okay if u don't love me arc just tell me :((((((
(Thanks for the Tilly fun, she is amazing!)

Previous:
Tornius Daressin
Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Asvusha (Blake Lynk)
Sebastian Webster

Current:
Inkwell Thornwhisper

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:43 pm

I regret only ever meeting her in passing. Perhaps one day I will have a chance to speak with her in depth. One can dream.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Tilly is absolutely great.
Elspeth met her when she was only a small Guard with not as many great ambitions as she subsequently add, and from that moment forth there came such a nice friendship and so many great RP interactions, even when they did not agree on something.

Not only that: Tilly's philosophy has been very impactful on Elspeth's more recent developments. She has helped Elspa grows as a character and I really hope she will continue to!

Love the Tilly, Piemaster!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

My decency

Post by My decency » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:43 am

Tilly is the GOAT
Elizabeth 'Jezebel' Kingsley
Yesthyra 'Yessy' Rosewillow
Alais Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 am

I still remember the day I met Tilly in Cordor. Such a cute innocent elf, handing out pies and healing kits to people. I've absolutely adored her so much. Then as she grew and life took her different places, she changed so much over time and became a fierce and determined woman that would try and take on evil by herself and smack them down. Such fire and dedication. It was incredible to see her change so much over time. Always enjoy our interactions, even if they're often short and very infrequent due to time zones.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Papi J

Post by Papi J » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:11 am

<3
Red_Wharf wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:19 am
satan wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:16 pm
Lose. The word you are looking fore is lose.

Loose is the opposite of tight.
For. The word you are looking for is "for.”