Void Cult: 10/10 Would Be Captive Again!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Void Cult: 10/10 Would Be Captive Again!

Post by Bunnysmack » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:05 pm

Last night, in a moment of hilariously unfortunate timing, my character got captured by void cult in exchange for sparing his associates in the room. It. Was. Amazing. Honestly, it was exactly the sort of antagonist RP I always hope to see. A focus on story that everyone can enjoy, rather than merely winning and dominating.

Around three hours of nigh constant sarcasm ensued. I'm not sure if I was their most insufferable captive to date, but I certainly hope I'm in the top three!

Every single void cultist and associated PC that I interacted with was fantastic. We had back and forth banter, some feels were had at a few junctures, and I always felt that I, as a player, was being very well treated and respected. They checked in with me about what RP consequences I would be comfortable with, and were quite willing to be collaborative at shaping the story in a way that was absolutely fulfilling.

To respect keeping identities and alliances a secret, I'm refraining from naming names, even those that are disguise aliases. The one exception being "Augur" who explicitly gave me permission to identify them to this post.

Augur was so great at working the give and take of collaborative conflict RP. Checking in, in advance, about the RP consequence they were planning, and recognizing that my character had some unique resistances to their abilities, and adding in the excess effort to the RP, along with a very intense battle of wills between the two, complete with dialogue!

Too often on Arelith, people that are in conflicting groups let that spoil the out of character relations, and I find that to be a crying shame. Heroes can't exist without some threat to be a hero against, and the Void Cult were top quality roleplayers in performing that role of threat.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Void Cult: 10/10 Would Be Captive Again!

Post by Aradin » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:00 am

I had nothing to do with any of this, but I'll hop on the train and say that the Void Cult is great at being these enigmatic, villainous entities in a way that even make some of us in Andunor uneasy about them. To hear that they are advocates of the story above all (not just winning) and are excellent people OOC does not surprise me, but it makes me glad to hear!

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:18 am

Posted a kudos similar once, and super stoked there's another. 10/10 for voidcult, you guys rawk.

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:09 am

Void Cult are all great RPers and Villians! So much love!

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:46 am

I have to give props to the Void Cult. A stroke of luck caught a former character enthralled with the Void Cult and was blown away by the roleplay. While our time together was short lived, they left me wishing I had more time to devote in game to the fanaticism that is our Lady.

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Having roleplayed one of their captives as well I can only agree. Very good characters and thoughtful players!

If you get a chance to experience captivity, as weird as this might sound, I'd recommend it!