Hoodoo's hard work!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DM MoonMoon
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Hoodoo's hard work!

Post by DM MoonMoon » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:31 am

So this one is kinda well deserved and not many people will know!
But the reason I have been able to be so much more active and help people more, is all because of hoodoo and his amazing tools he has made!

I believe he is at times an unsung hero!
Yes, the team in a whole has also been amazing and welcomed me and helped me soo much in my time here as a dm (so kudos to them also!)
But we as the front facing often get the kudo's for out events or visable help! There is SOO much work the team does, and this one is just a shout out for the hoodoo'rific codes and tools :D

-DM MoonMoon
DM Wraith: @DM MoonMoon Nice one, Idk howl you do it, it does seem a bit furfetched

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Hoodoo's hard work!

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:36 am

Oh gosh yes! Definatly! This man is amazing! A masterpiece!
I say to him sometimes 'Hay Hoodoo, can you make t his happen?'
And then Hoodoo makes it happen!
AWESOME!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:41 am

Oh yeah, +1
Hoodles has done so much back end quality of life stuff that people may not even notice. But it's still there and deserving of appreciation.
Roleplay is a two way street.

DM Wake

Post by DM Wake » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:50 am

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:50 am

Ferris Hoodoo, you're my hero.
what would fred rogers do?

DM Magpie

Post by DM Magpie » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:51 am

One hundred percent the best bear ever! Thank you for making things so much easier for us all
One for sorrow Two for joy Three for a girl Four for a boy Five for silver Six for gold Seven for a secret, never to be told Eight for a wish Nine for a kiss Ten for a bird you must not miss .

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:49 pm

I can only echo the above. The work that goes on behind the scenes is just staggering.

Aleilsum Ellrum
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Aleilsum Ellrum » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Kind, helpful DM

Forgiving of the one extended, and slightly drunken, convo we had too!

Got the feeling that he's the Iceberg of Arelith; you see 5% of his work and maybe don't recognise it, while 95% is under the surface and keeps it going.

DM Butterfly

Post by DM Butterfly » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:47 am

Hoodoo (and Mord somewhat) is responsible for my ability to do a lot of my events relatively well and with quick preparation. Without all the work he's done for myself and the rest of the team it would take a considerably longer time for me to prepare these things and react to player decisions.

In addition, he's largely responsible for our ability to react to simple player requests quickly and efficiently (even when I'm twenty miles from home fluttering with other butterflies.)

TL;DR Hoodles is one of the best DMs even if he doesn't make his presence known to the community very often.

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:57 am

I've been really busy with IRL lately and haven't had a chance to put a note here.. But thank you so much for all the well wishes. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes with DM/Backend work that I do out of love. Really, DM work as it stands is EXTREMELY difficult and unintuitive for the average individual. Everything from running quests to handling cases is an extreme chore and was actually hindered how things used to be setup, I am impressed on a daily basis by how resourceful the DM team is and how they get by in spite of these difficulties. I'm glad I could make all your lives a bit easier, thank you.
Same goes for the players, apologies if I have been AWOL for the past 2 weeks or so, I've been busy. But I do it out of love and appreciation for all of you.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:21 am

Hoodoo's great!
I still remember all the help he gave me for my plans on PCs!
He is a very kind person and always ready to offer advice and aid: all the kudos!

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)