Kudos From Zayd Bashir (Here)

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Inordinate
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Kudos From Zayd Bashir (Here)

Post by Inordinate » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:21 pm

If I had the patience for a hyper long thread detailing every individual who made an impression on me as a player and Zayd as a character I would never get it done. For the time being I have decided to shelve the old geezer for a few reasons and rather than let things burn me out from playing Arelith at all I figure this was the next best option.

To everyone involved within or around the Erudite Arcanum: all of you helped me shape ultimately what he's become and I appreciate the contributions you made to playing him. He would be nothing without the inspired and amazing people the Keep brings around it. There is incredible storytelling opportunity within those halls and all anyone ever needs is a bit of creative spark to start a fire. Every faction should aspire to the core of improv storytelling that the Arcanum has mastered as a whole.

From the few elves that interrogated Zayd in Guldorand a long time ago, to Thomas Castemont putting up with his attempts to pin him to an awful deal, to everyone within Andunor who made walking into the Hub always a treat, and to every individual who spent time to tolerate his presence just to see what came next? I thank you, truly.

And now for a message from the man himself

Some highlights from playing him:
(Sorry, imgur decided to just outright clear out my imgur uploads entirely for zero reason with no communication at all. Pretend I was funny at some point and it still works)

Last edited by Inordinate on Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
If need there comes to shelter my ship on the flood;
The wind I calm upon the waves, and the sea I put to sleep

Miaou

Re: Kudos From Zayd Bashir (Here)

Post by Miaou » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:01 pm

Zayd is great. I've had the best banter with him and despite their differences they worked amazingly together! I look forward to seeing what you do next

Begone, Dead Zayd.

Also here's some fav memories that you didn't already show;

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:41 am

Awe nooooo! Another great villain gone. You will be missed but glad you’re taking the time for you. Thanks for the great interactions as always.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:58 pm

Zayd is always fun to interact with. A character with a lot of depth. And a strong personality to rock such flamboyant robes so confidently!

I think Zayd has a full personality as a character that makes him feel very real and dynamic. Definitely a character to be remembered!

I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Disaster Lesbian

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:50 pm

Zayd was an utter blast, and I thoroughly enjoyed every interaction he and Vanna have had.

I could gush about all the little details, the long-running continuity of his jokes and such, but those who can turn a phrase better than I could do such more justice.

Much love to Zayd. Much love.

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Rolled; Has become a Human Shade
Liliana Elossa -Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps
Sariah N'landroshien -Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

Asleeponthemoon

Post by Asleeponthemoon » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:01 pm

I love Zayd! My first day on Zaeryl he introduced her to "have a little Hope" and got her hooked on the goal of attending BLOOD WAR. They met later and he gave her excuses to get involved in shenanigans and made everything so very welcoming. Such a fun and versatile character, always willing to take steps in getting others involved and giving them the spotlight.

I hope that the sketch of the new year lives on a little while. :)

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:07 am

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)