Kudos to the Creators of the Weatherstone Crisis

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

chocolatelover

Kudos to the Creators of the Weatherstone Crisis

Post by chocolatelover » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:02 pm

I have no idea who came up with the Weatherstone Crisis, but thank you! As a player with limited hours and whose bad luck is to always log in AFTER the coolest DM events, it is lovely to be able to feel the ongoing crisis in just the form of the Weather. Even the newest player will know something is going on with the red skies and pverwhelming heat changing to pouring rain with flooding or frozen wastelands and dead animals. (Just FYI - this is Texas Weather) Even if someone doesn't know where the Weatherstone is, what had happened, or how it is going to be resolved, EVERYONE will know there is a problem with something called the Weatherstone and the whole situation seems dire. (Maybe not Skal? But they get a lot of DM events)

I don't know how hard is it for DMs and devs to do the weather thing, so just pretend it's a programming nightmare and accept the thank yous!

And to the players most involved with the plot, thank you for doing your best to bring it back to town and talk about. This ensures every player, no matter how little they an contribute, can at least share in the experience.

Keep it up, Arelith!

Hyrland D~Kaya

Re: Kudos to the Creators of the Weatherstone Crisis

Post by Hyrland D~Kaya » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:41 pm

Once in a while Arelith is plunged into a crisis of such epic proportion that everyone in the server gets to play a small part. I was lucky to see some of the most iconic ones over the years, and the Weatherstone Crisis is shaping up to be another one for the ages. Kudos to the DMs behind it, and Kudos to all the players making it feel so exciting and dynamic. This is an example of Arelith at its finest.

Hyrland D’Kaya/ Bashagain
Playing as Aerdrick Silverarms and Flynn Eldafire

silverpheonix

Post by silverpheonix » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:23 pm

Weatherstone people, thanks for RP yesterday. What a special experience. The tent town, atmosphere, visuals, just...wow. What a great peek into what has been going on surface-side for this whole time. I'm sorry that my schedule won't let me be there for the coming ritual, but I'm damn happy with what I have been able to take part in. This really was the finest RP I've been a part of, and everyone involved, whether we've interacted directly or not, has played a huge role in shaping that and this event in general.

Especially the characters salty about Dib and Drik's presence. The undercurrent of tension was phenomenal.

Clayton on the Discord.

Lilith Vensurai: [Whisper] Dib's in charge of not exploding reality.
Johnathan Rigsby: [Whisper] This is unfair.

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 pm

All involved did a stellar job.

Special mentions to Juniper and Ivrathe for letting everyone get involved. How you guys included people was amazing.

Give these people medals.

Azensor

Post by Azensor » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:02 pm

least the ud’ers didnt get tpk’d, i’ll take that has a small victory

Ravenhart

Post by Ravenhart » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:13 pm

I want to give kudos as well!!! As a player who also usually misses events due to my work schedule, I was immensely impressed and thank you to the ones who roped me in when I was able to help even if it was just a little bit. It was fun and I had fun even though I missed the ending due to, you guessed it, work lol

Playing as Ravnhart

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:27 am

Kudos to Ivrathe! Kicked Snuggybear the whole way through against all odds and proven right in the end.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:31 am

There were SOOOO many people involved, all who did great!
Thanks to the playerbase, DM Titania, DM Avalon Soul, and DM Moonmoon!

(Say hello to Aiden and his herd)

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil

Naghast

Post by Naghast » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:13 am

I didn't get to contribute much as an ud'er but it was fun when i did get a chance to.

LurkingShadow

Post by LurkingShadow » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:29 am

Flooded Guldorand was the best, was fun RP. Had characters interact that usually don't. Tense event, interesting scenarios.

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:44 am

Big Kudos for everyone involved, directly or indirectly!

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:04 pm

It's been ages since the last time I was part of a megaplot (about 6~ years, and guess who was chuckling like an idiot when Whitehorn was mentioned?) and I enjoyed every part of it. Though I do regret that we couldn't participate more, at least it gave us the unique chance to have some degree of Surface/UD working together that just neeeeever comes naturally otherwise.

Send more plots down to UD! We want some of that spice too!

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

satan

Post by satan » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:17 pm

The whole idea of dm controlled current events to to RP around adds so much. More of this!

Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

silverpheonix

Post by silverpheonix » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:05 pm

Iceborn wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:04 pm

It's been ages since the last time I was part of a megaplot (about 6~ years, and guess who was chuckling like an idiot when Whitehorn was mentioned?) and I enjoyed every part of it. Though I do regret that we couldn't participate more, at least it gave us the unique chance to have some degree of Surface/UD working together that just neeeeever comes naturally otherwise.

I wasn't around back then, so I want to say as a player that's only been around a couple years it has been really, really, really cool to hit the player written books and dive into such a rich history.

Clayton on the Discord.

Lilith Vensurai: [Whisper] Dib's in charge of not exploding reality.
Johnathan Rigsby: [Whisper] This is unfair.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:26 am

That was the best Weatherstone plot I've seen. I really like all of the weather effects changing each day and hitting different parts of the island. It made the event more interactive, everyone could go and do something even if they weren't part of the main plotline. The plot gave everyone something to do.

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:22 am

silverpheonix wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:05 pm
Iceborn wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:04 pm

I wasn't around back then, so I want to say as a player that's only been around a couple years it has been really, really, really cool to hit the player written books and dive into such a rich history.

As one who did play back than this was by far most shocking reveal how thing were connected together with previous events (i am sure there were even others during the plot), and DMs epic move to aknowledge work od the player written content. So many back and forth, lots of GOT-like grey zone - really this was great storytelling by DMs, and reason why we always return to the game even as we make goodbye thread.😆

I am sure more RP will come out of it.

Kudos to players and ofc DMs.