rollja

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Immolate

rollja

Post by Immolate » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 am

I rolled Kolja H'thanna today. This is a thread where I point out all the people I enjoyed roleplaying with.

Stalvandt Kahros - I think Stalvandt captured that feeling of quintessential half orc. He was brutish, violent, but enjoyed simple things, there was a rustic feel that never made him feel actively malevolent. His goals weren't isle-wide, they were small and based more on impulse. Certainly he had an uneducated and colourful way of speaking, but he wasn't stupid. His evil was a greedy and selfish one, not steeped in a pretence of 'greater good', only what he wanted at the moment. I liked him, a great deal, both for being a nice change of pace from the typical villainous inhabitants of Arelith, and for a simpler reason- because he was fun to be around.

Nephene Silverwake - You often spoke of your dislike for Nephene, calling her "shallow", but really I found the truth to be much different. Out of all your characters, I think, Nephene was the most human. There's some quality certain characters have, that make them stand out, some tiny spark of life in there that makes them feel so real as you could reach out and touch them. Nephene had that spark, and it was bright.

Hannah Narengawa - As much time as we spent playing together I wonder if I even need to put words here. I will anyway, though. I watched Hannah develop, from violent Malarite, to that strange shade of gray in between, to introspective Hoarite. I saw her highs, her lows, and her in betweens. She was emotional; soft and kind sometimes, angry and vindictive others. Conflict was a theme, with her, both with others and with herself- the latter something I rarely see explored, and something that was explored in brilliant depth.

Relia Danlenocelle - Out of all the magnificent writers that prowl this server, I think the mind behind Relia's one of the greatest. I've explored Relia before, on other characters, but never did I in a strictly adversarial capacity, and now that I have it's just as enjoyable as it was - maybe moreso. The enmity between Kolja and Relia, I think, was some of the greatest roleplay I've ever had.
To expand on that, Relia's the kind of character that not only is well written, but she inspires better roleplay in those around her, especially myself. Kolja had so much more to do, to think about, to say because of Relia. Really, really incredible, and something I can't stress enough, no matter how many times I say "really".

Others I've not such lengthy words for, but I enjoyed playing with them all the same.
K'yorl Xal'rae
Kaetir
Glencour Waynn
Eldwyn Leofricson
Alahrie Noctumez Xal'rae
Kalantor Pholantyr
Vrigor
Tlesk Aberenn
Shauna Flanagan
Stellen Varg
Amalair Alenin
Ardultana & Lilaevera
Vance Gravelle
Sara Lyonall
Stath Stoutheart II
Asb'el Dor(fancy e)
Ronald Hasen
Arianne de Fleur

Commissar

Re: rollja

Post by Commissar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:33 am

Aw, no. Kolja vanished before Relia had the chance to put her insidious anti-Kolja plans in motion. I suppose that's what she gets for being a glacially slow elf. Rest assured that his influence will be felt for a long time yet.

Thanks for another great character! Those few minutes with Kolja shaped Relia as a character more than any other interaction she's had (with the possible exception of Lodi. Who was also you. Heh). He was utterly insane, but insane in a way that had a wonderful internal consistency to it, and both Relia and I were on-edge every time they met. He is the reason for her slow-blossoming paranoia, and I'll miss having him around.

I'll have to content myself to looking forward to your next endeavour, which I surely do.

Goodbye for now, you murderous Thayan sod. I'll miss you.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: rollja

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:29 am

Kolja was a damned well played character.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.