Tattoo Request [Art competition!]

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

KeldonDonovan

Re: Tattoo Request [Art competition!]

Post by KeldonDonovan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:03 am

ah, but therein lies my problem. ~I~ lack the ability to art.

Urch

Post by Urch » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 am

I'm concocting various ideas that I'll try apply to paper at some point.

Just wondering though, do you like this kind of art style?

What I'm currently thinking up to draw is along the lines of that kind of style.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

KeldonDonovan

Post by KeldonDonovan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:29 am

That style is amazing. It has everything I'm looking for, crisp lines, solid color, great work.

I have no idea what the hell it is referring to and I'm half tempted to tattoo it anyway, that's the kind of enjoyment I get out of that style.

Urch

Post by Urch » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:39 am

Haha, it's the symbol of torment in the Planescape: Torment game. Fantastic game by the way, highly recommend it.

The game has several other similar ones, here's a quick google image search of them.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 am

KeldonDonovan wrote:I can't tell if you guys are seriously suggesting these or not. If you are, no thank you, my tattoos are easily concealed in business attire so that professionalism does not suffer, which rules out head tattoos.

If you aren't serious, then... Well, thanks for nothing.
I fail to see where having a tattoo has anything whatsoever to do with professionalism(barring of course piercings on magnetic crane operators and neo-nazi tattoos on surgeons, probable conflict of interest there.). If you are under the bizarre and foolish assumption that having body art somehow affects someone's ability to do their job, then you need to reevaluate how you see people in general.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Syrima

Post by Syrima » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 am

Durvayas wrote:
KeldonDonovan wrote:I can't tell if you guys are seriously suggesting these or not. If you are, no thank you, my tattoos are easily concealed in business attire so that professionalism does not suffer, which rules out head tattoos.

If you aren't serious, then... Well, thanks for nothing.
I fail to see where having a tattoo has anything whatsoever to do with professionalism(barring of course piercings on magnetic crane operators and neo-nazi tattoos on surgeons, probable conflict of interest there.). If you are under the bizarre and foolish assumption that having body art somehow affects someone's ability to do their job, then you need to reevaluate how you see people in general.
It's not about ability it's about marketing/dress code. If you go job hunting with a sleeve in a white collar job you're going to have a hard time.

KeldonDonovan

Post by KeldonDonovan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:04 pm

quote: I fail to see where having a tattoo....... other stuff

lol, to clarify, I have 32 tattoos already. ~I~ do not think tattoos keep one from being able to do their job. I do, however, realize that tattoos often dissuade potential employers from hiring, regardless of whether or not that is legal. Thus I keep my tattoos in areas that would be concealed while wearing interview attire.

Thanks though for accusing me though, always great to meet someone who gets easily offended online. There is such a shortage of them, after all.

Now then, do you have some artwork you'd like to post in here that would work well for an Arelith related tattoo, or did you just stop by to point out how offended you were?

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:48 pm

What if you incorporated the Arelith A into the NWN eye somehow? I'm not artistic enough to draw it up myself.

Syrima

Post by Syrima » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:13 am

Here's an idea if someone who isn't awful at graphics design wants something to work with:

Looking at it in retrospect, maybe the circle should be centered like the iris instead of centering the whole letter.
KeldonDonovan wrote:Thanks though for accusing me though, always great to meet someone who gets easily offended online. There is such a shortage of them, after all.
This made my day for some reason.

prettystarprincess

Post by prettystarprincess » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:09 am

Personally you should have the NWN eye with "Vith Dos" written above it... If you're into drow... I personally would live in eternal respect of you! No one will ever accuse you of inappropriate language in real life... No one knows what the hell that means, if they ask just tell them to learn drow. or if you're more the subservient type you could always put "A Dos Quarth"? In fancy looking scripts of course...

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Speaking as an actual tattoo artist here, I'd be careful tattooing yourself.

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

grip
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by grip » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:43 pm

once you give a tattoo your a tattoo artist, diy till u die
Thake wrote: Wanna rule Aristotlus? Gotta min/max like a pro..

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:25 am

Which will probably be soon, if you don't take the precautions seriously which most scratchers don't.;)

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Tattoo Request

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:46 am

Dalenger wrote:
High Primate wrote:
Syrima wrote:I don't know about you but I find the eye logo pretty tattoo worthy
Smack dab in the middle of your forehead. Do it.
Or shave your head, then put it directly in the back.

"I've got my eye on you"
*turns around and walks away*
Considering most men go bald later in life ... not such a good idea, especially if employment is preferred.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Lightsunder

Post by Lightsunder » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:22 am

Well, depending how grandiose you would like it to be.. I could see something of an amalgamation of the Dragons on the island.

Maybe the cities or major POI's (not a map that can be changed.. but the major cities that will always resonate in memory).

I like the NWN eye, as well.. Perhaps if you did it as a stencil and maybe filled it in with the above suggestions..

Hard to think of anything off the top (having only just seen this) but.. yeah! There's my suggestions.
I bold things within my suggestions/discussions to draw attention to the TL:DR version as I hate recapping inside a TL:DR and having people miss the point/context of the subject matter.