JediMindTrix Bilge Repository (Projects Home)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: JediMindTrix Bilge Repository (Projects Home)

Post by Mithreas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:30 am

To make female kobolds work, you will need to duplicate all the files for male kobolds, with "f" instead of "m" in the name. That should be all that's needed.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:02 am

Yea, that was my plan, but it'll be time consuming and tedious so I'm procrastinating it until tomorrow :D

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:13 am

Write a script to do it? A few minutes with Perl or something and you're done :)
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:22 am

IDK Perl :mrgreen:

EDIT: But since there's 450+ files to rename, I'm going to learn.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:59 am

Post some sample filenames for me, and I'll give you a script :)

Edit - here's the script.

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use File::Copy;

# Create a list of filenames.
system ("dir /b > files.txt");

open (INFILE, "files.txt") or die "Failed to open list of files.";

my $new_file;

while (my $file = <INFILE>)
{
  # remove the trailing carriage return
  chomp ($file);

# parse the file name, and make sure it's in the right format. 
  # Brackets save off content in the variables $1, $2 etc.
  if ($file =~ m/(p)m(k.*.mdl)/)
  {
    $new_file = $1 . "f" . $2;
    copy ($file, $new_file);
    print ".";
  }
} 

print "\nComplete!\n";
Instructions:
- Put all the existing models in one folder on their own.
- Save this file as, say, "rename-models.pl" in the same folder.
- Run it.

Hey presto.

You should now have a load of files like the attached...
female_kobold_models.7z
(149.79 KiB) Downloaded 292 times

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:25 am

The above is missing required files, in case anyone assumes the attachment will fix the female kobold issue.

EDIT: Female Kobolds, everyone!

Seriously though, female kobolds with scales are now included in the dropboxed archive. I've discovered that this will turn EVERYONE's skin into scaled kobold monsters. You've been warned! I am trying to figure out a way to fix this.

So after spending hours trying to figure out a way to circumvent the above issue, I've concluded that the only way to have the cake and eat it too is if Mith implements special code that will allow Kobold (and later Gnoll) players to switch to unique part models. Basically, those without the override would still see kobolds, those with it could have a DM or use a widget or console command or whatever to switch to the correct models.

Best I can do is offer a scaly version and a version where kobolds have human skin (But could still wear armor!)

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:57 pm

You have a bunch of files that start pmh and pfh. That means they're human files. I think you need pmk and pfk equivalents of those - which should stop you breaking other characters.

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 pm

JediMindTrix wrote:So after spending hours trying to figure out a way to circumvent the above issue, I've concluded that the only way to have the cake and eat it too is if Mith implements special code that will allow Kobold (and later Gnoll) players to switch to unique part models. Basically, those without the override would still see kobolds, those with it could have a DM or use a widget or console command or whatever to switch to the correct models.
From the faraway land that I used to call home... we had something like this.
An automatic widget that allowed players to swap to the dynamic kobold model set in the OOC area.
The thing is that it never worked for female characters - only males mechanically, and perhaps it's ought to remain like that? I really rather not see kobolds with boobs in my game, for amusing it may be.

If you can figure how to fix this, my hat's off to you.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Mithreas wrote:You have a bunch of files that start pmh and pfh. That means they're human files. I think you need pmk and pfk equivalents of those - which should stop you breaking other characters.
This was my initial thought as well, but unfortunately NWN automatically applies a Human skin texture over any parts-model that end in 001. Possibly 002 as well.
Iceborn wrote: From the faraway land that I used to call home... we had something like this.
An automatic widget that allowed players to swap to the dynamic kobold model set in the OOC area.
The thing is that it never worked for female characters - only males mechanically, and perhaps it's ought to remain like that? I really rather not see kobolds with boobs in my game, for amusing it may be.
It didn't work because there weren't any female models. This override has them now; and female and male kobolds would look exactly the same. There are two options I can try but these are heavily involved and don't have a guarantee to work: either learning NWMax and applying a .txi trick (easier), or writing a NWNCx plug-in, again, not guaranteed to work.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:39 am

Alternate version of Kobolds uploaded.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:54 am

The NWN CCG has some decent guides on this stuff (e.g. http://ccg.animecafe.net/index.php?titl ... a_Snow_Owl) and http://ccg.animecafe.net/index.php?title=Textures.

http://ccg.animecafe.net/index.php?titl ... cter_Model from the original is the only documentation on part-based models that I know of. However, the section on armo(u)r is actually more relevant here, I think:
http://ccg.animecafe.net/index.php?titl ... rt_6_Armor

Unfortunately, it only confirms what you have found: "There is one texture file per gender for each armor part (but only one for both phenotypes and all races). These two files have the same naming standard as the model for the default-sized, human male and female models. This is not a .tga texture file. It is a PLT."

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:04 am

Yep! That's where I confirmed it, near the bottom middle of the "Bringing it all together" section.
DLA Guy wrote:That is all that you have to do. You do not need new textures for each armor part (I only used one new texture and that is for the lower body) because all of the armor pieces use the human, standard phenotype PLTs as discussed in the section on armor.
I don't see any way around it, honestly. I'm told that virusman's NWNCx has a TextureReplace command that I might work with; I also found this, but I can't find anything telling me that a .plt can be injected with a .txi command (can't find anything saying it can't either).

Both possible methods require me to learn, a lot, so any progress on that won't be seen for a while most likely.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:37 am

As originally requested, the Gnoll version. This one is subject to the same limitations as the Kobolds.

This one will give a Gnoll fur, but also every other human skinned character. It is incompatible with the Kobold version in the first post.
This one will give a Gnoll the ability to wear armor, but exposed skin will be fleshy.

If you wish to use both Kobolds and Gnolls, you will need this .2da in your override. Follow the instructions; merge any existing .2da's with the line's provided in the archived readme.

Additionally, I noticed the Kobold overrides were using a .2da from before the 1.69 update; I fixed this, please redownload.

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:25 am

Since Flame forgot to write it down as I lolsmacked him to do (the lazy cur), I'm writing instead.
He apparently had a few problems with the last kobold version.
One of them being that my own polymorph worked in his game as it did in mine; my (kobold) character's model disappears once polymorphed, and his game crashes if I get out of polymorph.

Beside that, randomly, some doors apparently didn't exist at all in his game - which was quite amusing to see, since he could just walk straight through them as if they weren't even then, and in my game I would see his character teleporting through them.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:26 am

Iceborn wrote: Beside that, randomly, some doors apparently didn't exist at all in his game - which was quite amusing to see, since he could just walk straight through them as if they weren't even then, and in my game I would see his character teleporting through them.
EDIT: I misread. What doors? Is this with the most recent version I uploaded?

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Randomly (it happened, as far as I know, with a house's door and somewhere in the duergar hall), and I'm not entirely sure if it was the last version.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:46 am

This is the bilge I've been working on the last four months (one month with a three month break).

Honestly, never been more proud of myself.
Ascension v1.5 BETA for Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition