Tabard Theater 27-hour Livestream

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Tabard Theater 27-hour Livestream

Post by DM Symphony » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:12 pm

Hello everyone, long time no talk.

I haven't been around much in the last year, I stopped working for Beamdog in the summer of 2021, and got hired by a local theater company as a music-focused sound engineer last summer, and was promoted to Technical Director after a few months.

I've been in the theater world off and on for most of my adult life, so it wasn't a huge scene change, but my presence allowed us to push business model away from a standard drama season, to ending theater entirely (very difficult to make money and a lot of up front investment), and operating purely with one night performances of live music, standup comedy, rentals, etc.

We are recovering from this format change, a lot of people thought that since we aren't doing theater any more, our business closed, because the name of the business is Tabard Theater.

Things are looking better now in our third month than they did in the first two, but, we had a performing artist back out on a Saturday night on us, again, and my boss decided to take this last minute opportunity to put together a 27 hour telethon style fundraiser.

Unlike most of our ticketed shows, both in person attendance and stream viewing are completely free, and we have many bands and musicians volunteering their time to help raise awareness of the theater and money for the continuing future of the company.

While I am getting much better at mixing our second mixes for the livestreams we do of each concert, it is still ordinarily second priority to the quality of the in person concert mix, we pride ourselves on having some of the best sounding concerts in the entire Bay Area (California).

Because of the unique nature of this event, if any of you might enjoy checking out our 27 hours of zany music, comedy, storytelling, etc, while most of you probably can't attend in person, pretty much all of you can view it online. I won't ask for donations, but if you feel inspired to help continue our role in bringing real in person concerts (and high quality streams), any donations could really help.

We are very much one of the last venues of this size and quality in the area, and embracing technology to survive through the current world situation wherein many other nearby theaters have had to completely close down forever.

I will be quite busy during the 27 hours (I'm hoping to go the full way, though my coworkers are taking turns to get naps in) (I'm the crazy one) (We're all crazy and are donating our hours), taking care of the cameras, programming of our performance order, establishing contact and conversation with each incoming act, and adjusting sound and lights to optimize the quality of the entire event, but you could likely also spot me running around on stage like a lunatic at many moments helping with changeovers and plugging in new mics and amplifiers.

I will try to check this post every so often for questions if you have any. If you live in the area, and want to stop by, please say hi or ask for me by name, I like to meet NWN friends in person when possible.

The 27 hours begins in 4 hours, it goes from 6 PM Saturday night, PST, to 9 PM Sunday night.

Our Website:
https://tabardtheatre.org

Our relatively new youtube channel, featuring single songs from various past concerts:
https://www.youtube.com/@thetabardtheatre

The Facebook event for the 27 hour telethon (watching online is like attending)
https://www.facebook.com/events/3564347797219835

The Vimeo Stream link, which will go live when the show starts:
https://vimeo.com/event/3510479

No YouTube link yet, but we will likely mirror there as well.

Thanks for reading.

Greg Holmes AKA Symphony

PS: I am hoping to return to NWN:EE soon, especially with all of the features added in the latest patch, but, saving this theater has been my main priority for the last year.