Candybar's Self-Praising Art show

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Candybar

Candybar's Self-Praising Art show

Post by Candybar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:03 am

I'm a relative Newcomer to the server (Roughly 3 weeks), but I have RP'd before and I make a habit of drawing my characters, so here is that.

This is my Half-Orc fighter, Garag Dongus (I swear to god the name was generated by the game)

susitsu

Re: Candybar's Self-Praising Art show

Post by susitsu » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:23 pm

DONGUS, THE STRONG, DONGUS THE POWERFUL.

I really like the shading you do.

Candybar

Post by Candybar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Thanks! I normally just sit there with the smudge tool in photoshop for a good ten minutes until it looks JUST right.

While I'm at it, here's another picture I drew of another character I found myself not playing too much, a Half-Orc Sorcerer. (It's a tad smaller than usual, for some reason I did it that way.)

Convention of Blades

Post by Convention of Blades » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:15 am

Love the style man, keep it up, I'd like to see more!
Bashagain wrote: "Daltanius is not a virgin!" Screeched the lying pillar of skulls - now with one less skull. The celibate knight sighed, silently lamenting the truth that he was still a twenty-eight-year-old virgin under a vow of chastity.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:06 am

The first one looks almost like a screenshot of a cel-shaded 3d model to me. I don't know what you did, but it really makes some parts seem like they have depth.

Candybar

Post by Candybar » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:46 pm

Lorkas wrote:The first one looks almost like a screenshot of a cel-shaded 3d model to me. I don't know what you did, but it really makes some parts seem like they have depth.
I think that's because of the armor. When I INITIALLY drew it, it was ALL leather armor, the same as the arms, then I realized my character wears Metal, so I overlayed grey on it and tried to make it look as metal as possible, it just seems slightly off compared to the rest, giving it a small bit of depth.