Alira's Journal

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Gee look who

Alira's Journal

Post by Gee look who » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Note: this is a book kept with Alira. It is a journal that she keeps updating, as a form of therapy or nostalgia. The events with less importance she rips of of the journal after some days. Often she reads her diary and evaluate what happens. I'm writing it after the events have passed, eventually I will get to actual days.

Preface: ((5 years before comming to arelith))

[15 of Eleint(9), year 142]

7 am - Hi Journal. Today is my birthday (yay!). I finally turned 16, and I must pick my profession. My dad wanted me to me a tailor like everyone in my family. But I hate it. I want to do magic! I know I have some sorcery in my blood. My mother family has much magic. But she gave it all up to marry my father and have a simple life in this dull town. I figure this important day, needs to be memorable. So I'm leaving behind my old journal and starting a new one. One that will have nice stories, of life, romance, adventure (maybe?). From now on, you will be my best friend that I will tell everything.

3 pm - Hi Journal. The day didn't turn out the way I thought. I chose alchemy as a profession (although I'm terrible at it). My father went mad! He didn't let me finish my rites, and tossed me back in my room. I'm locked in now...

11 pm - Hi Journal. Someone just came to my window. The nicest guy I have ever seen, we talked for hours. He understands me, advised me. I think things are going to be alright. ((A hearth sign with the letters "A & D" was drawn under the last phrase))

[16 of Eleint(9), year 142]
6 am - Good morning Journal, as Dean *hearth* told me, I will tell my father that I want to be a tailor. Later we have a date at the woods and HE WILL TEACH ME MAGIC! I can't wait.

10 am - Hi J, it WORKED! My father was so happy... At first I thought he would kill me with his eyes, but once I told him that I have been thinking and wanted to be a tailor, he totally changed. I feel bad for lying, but its better this way...

4 pm - I'm sneaking out now. My father is with customers now and my mother is up in the shed, tanning leather. My father will think I'm with her, so its safe... I'M SO NERVOUS! bye...

10 pm - J, I'm in love! I did magic today! I can only do small tricks, but it's so awesome... I feel like myself. Dean's powers are on an entirely another level, though. He can do such amazing things, I wonder how long will it take for me to get to that level of power...

[17 of Eleint(9), year 142]
6 am - Morning J. Another day, if its like yesterday, if all days are like yesterday, I will be happy forever. I have to get to work, see ya...

*There are some ripped pages on the Journal*

[21 of Eleint(9), year 142]
6 am - Hey J... It has been five days since I met Dean, I miss him so much. My dad is so excited about teaching me to be a tailor, I just can't sneak out. I think I will call in sick today...

10 am - It worked! Dad let me rest today. I will have all day with my love.... ((several hearths are drawn in this page))

5 pm - What a wonderful day! Dean is so cute! He told me many things, and he said there is a way that I can get much power very fast. This way I get be strong and we can run away...

*more ripped pages*

[24 of Eleint(9), year 142]
10 pm - Today my father caught me with Dean. We had a huge fight. He forbid me to see Dean again... I HATE HIM SO MUCH!

[25 of Eleint(9), year 142]
9 am - J. My father is all over me. He wont let me see Dean. The way things are going I will be 60 before I leave this place...

[26 of Eleint(9), year 142]
5 pm - Dean is so incredible. He made some kind of illusion to replace me. It's not like any magic I have ever seen. I fled and he left that thing on my place.

10 pm - J... Dean told me that it can be this way every day. We can run away tomorrow. All I need to do is sign some paper with my blood and I will have all the power I want. He said sometimes I will have to do some errands, and that's all!

*more ripped pages*

[2 of Marpenoth(10), year 142]
10 am - Things are very tense in this house. I haven't been doing my job right, my father and mother keep fighting, and I barely talk to them anymore. Today I will sign that paper. There is something fishy about it, but I trust Dean, and I want to be with him...

2 pm - I DID IT! It's incredible! I instantly got many powers. I don't even know all that I can do! Now I'm going to tak... *the writing is abruptly interrupted*

3 pm - My father caught me some minutes ago. My eyes were still glowing. He got really mad... he hit me in the face and locked me in the room. There are a lot of people around the house... What is going on?!

4 pm - J... It's terrible... They got Dean, and called him a demon. I managed to flee, but I need to save him.

5 pm - I tried to enter the hut where he was kept, but there was a huge monster inside, he was killing everyone. I stood there, watching my friends, people I grew up with die. But all I could think was Dean. Where was he? Suddenly that thing got out. It saw me, I don't know how. I was paralyzed. When it got close, it turned into Dean. The monster was Dean. He said as if there was nothing between us: "Go, run, find a place to live, and survive, you have a debt to me"... he vanished...

*many pages ripped*

[2 of Marpenoth(10), year 142]
[8 of Ches(3), year 144 - 7 am] J... It has been a while since I wrote any entry. Today I murdered someone. It was not like before, I did just to satisfy Dean (or whatever he is called). It was not to defend myself, it was just pure murder... I can't forget his eyes. I don't even remember his face, but those blue frightened eyes.. I can't stop thinking of it. I'm being hunted in most towns around me, I think my only way out is by boat. There are some islands that are somewhat isolated from the continent, may be a nice place to live, maybe start over...

[9 of Ches(3), year 144]
6 am - I arrived at the island. They call it Arelith. It's nice. The city where I landed is called Cordor. Too many adventurers roam the streets. This concentration is quite dangerous for me. Many will kill me on sight if they find out what I am.

[10 of Ches(3), year 144]
8 pm - Today I met another one, like me... He was following me and I didn't notice him. Then he appeared and showed me his enourmous demon. We talked for some hours and I don't know why, I trust him. I know he lies and deceive, like I need to do, but with him I can be myself. It's like a father that I didn't have. One that gets me...

[11 of Ches(3), year 144]
7 am - J. It's better that I don't write his name, so I will call him Master. As he is training me and helping me to use my powers and hide from the common folk. Ironically, I decided to be a tailor. That way I can pretend I'm just a commoner and live with this people here. I've been hunting a lot and making some nice gold from an adventurer guild here, easy jobs.

*some ripped pages*

((continues...))