A letter home by Arihalys Lyonsen

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TheGreatMars

A letter home by Arihalys Lyonsen

Post by TheGreatMars » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:34 pm

Dear Mom,

Knowing you, you'll have searched everywhere from Baldur's Gate to Athkatla trying to find me. You were probably worried. I left without a note. I left without saying goodbye at all.

I'm sorry now. Not for leaving, but for letting you worry at least. Worry no longer, I took a ship bound for the isle of Arelith. I've been living in Cordor for six months now. You may think me in terrible danger here, yet here is where I've become happier than I've ever been before. I've found friends, and more than that, I've found a purpose for my life.

So many wonderful things have happened. I own an inn now. It's called the Nomad, and it's probably the best tavern in all of Faerun. Although I suppose I'm biased towards saying so now that it's mine. I have a golem now too, I built him myself. I know you'll probably be thinking about how dangerous they are but I promise you that you couldn't ask for a better protector for your daughter.

Perhaps the most incredible thing that has happened, is my chance meeting with an elf by the name of Rhael Silverwind. The very same Rhael Silverwind who is my father. He's a hero here. He defended the hin of Bendir Dale from many great threats.

What are the chances? I did not set out from home to search for him. I could not even h dream of finding him with as little as you told me. I imagine you remembered much more than you would reveal. I understand, you were always worried I'd go looking for him. Yet for all you did to keep us apart, fate has brought us together.

Somehow I doubt you'll understand, even after all this, who I am. You've spent my whole life trying to get me to be someone different. At least let Aedan read this. He deserves to know I'm safe, and at least he may finally understand why I had to leave. Leaving him, leaving you too, was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
With love from your daughter,
Arihalys Lyonsen

TheGreatMars

A letter from home to Arihalys Lyonsen

Post by TheGreatMars » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:21 pm

Dear Halye,

It's so good to hear from you. I never thought I would. I figured you were gone and you weren't looking back. Yet I suppose even now after all this time I'm underestimating that golden heart of yours.

You were right by the way. Your mother doesn't understand. She was all in a rage when she handed me the letter. She seemed like she was about to storm off to Cordor! I think the Mayor and some others managed to calm them down. Good on them, they're braver men than me to face your mother in a battle of wills.

I can't believe you're doing so well over there. I find myself wondering what Arelith is like. It seems like such a foreign place. Seems like a dangerous one too. I'd tell you to be careful, but knowing you, you'd just be careless instead to spite me. Even knowing that, I still miss you.

I keep wishing that things could have been different. If you'd asked me to come with you, I'd have followed Halye. I'd have followed you into the abyss if you asked me to. So why? Why leave? Even now I'm ready to leave everything behind, to cross the sea just to see you again, but I find myself wondering if you ever loved me at all.

If you did- Just tell me, tell me the reason you left and I'll come to you. I'll do whatever it takes if it means being with you again.

Forever yours,
Aedan