Matron Tee'Tea

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

PEST CONTROL

Matron Tee'Tea

Post by PEST CONTROL » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:05 am

Well, Mother here I am. No idea where you are or what you are doing, but I am going to save these in case you remember how to get back. You would be proud of your little spiderling. I am now a Matron. It took years of back stabbing, manipulation, and cunning, but I finally did it. I arrived a nobody, and now I am the head of one of the Great House's of the Devil's Table. I wasn't given anything. I didn't arrive with my title. I fought for everything I have, and I deserve this. Lolth be Praised.

I finally wore the old fart out. Two unsuccessful coups, a disastrous war, and losing 3/4's of the house members, and he finally gave up. Gulmyr is a cunning male that is for sure, but age gets us all in the end. My former patriarch admitted he is too old, and is ready to retire. More like he was tired of knowing I could strike at any time. I should have killed him years ago. But, your daughter made a very stupid error.

I fell in love with a slave. Just writing it makes me a little sick. A fantasy it was, thinking I could free him and we could run the house together. I can hear you warming the whip up. How could have I been so dumb? He kept telling me to wait. That it wasn't the right time! That we had too many enemies. Well, I will never make that mistake again.

The house is in rough shape. Three or four members at best. I doubt if a district vote comes up we will keep our seat. We have Mori'hyanda breathing down our necks, and newer houses poised to break them. At least I don't have to worry about Xun'viir. I kept that web through all of this, and still consider myself the matrons apprentice.

We have some breathing room, but not for long. Mother Matron Xun'viir once told me you need 4 dedicated members. Four loyal house members you can trust. I have two, maybe. I can fudge our numbers to make us seem larger for a little while, but sooner or later a challenge will come. If we can survive it, we just might make it. If not, I might be the shortest living matron in the history of the Underdark.

One thing is for certain Mother, I am not changing. I am going to enjoy this ride, even if I end up served to Lolth upon a platter. I wish you were here to see this, you and my thousand brothers and sisters. We are going to have some fun.

PEST CONTROL

Re: Matron Tee'Tea

Post by PEST CONTROL » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:42 pm

It’s official. I am getting others calling me Matron, not enough, but many. Feels great! But, the honeymoon will end shortly. I have to start making decisions. Important ones that could make or break my house.

1.Do we continue to support the Mori’hyada who are driving the district into the gutter, but are in control of the Temple. Or, do I side with Xun’viir who are stronger and run by my teacher, but aren’t in the district? Openly siding with the Mori’hyada will continue to ruin our name, hurt recruitment, and upset most of the rest of the city. Siding with Xunviir and I could lose our district house, and possibly any strength in the district.

2. Do we declare our house orthodox to our Queen, or keep it vague for the possibility of picking up other faiths? Or even other species as retainers?

3. Repairing the house name. The house name is pretty soiled across the city. I keep hearing this over and over again. We need some way to repair it.

4. We need a gimmick. Something that will draw interest and members into the house. Perhaps concentrating on improving cultural needs of our people? Art, music, literature?

5. Do I keep up my surface webs? Can I? Will I even be able too?

6. Should I change? Do I need to become something I don’t want to be? All serious and grumpy all the time like Elvan? I hate how Elvan never has time to just chat anymore. Same thing seemed to happen to Cryssn. Everything got so serious all of a sudden. NO! I refuse. Being Matron means I am leading a house, but I refuse to let it ruin me. I am still Tee’Tea bottle of chaos. I know mother you would hate hearing this, but I don’t care. If I feel like letting my house burn just to watch it. I will.

7. Where in the 9 hells is Rose!?

8. Make nice with the Legion? I don't know the beasts very well in The Sharps, but others of the house do. Delegate?

9. What to do about the new assassins in the Table? Gods I wish Il'lithidil was around. She would be perfect for that.

10. New shoes? New Coat? Should I change my look? Dropping 200,000 of the house's money on a room for just shoes? I'll think more on that.

PEST CONTROL

Post by PEST CONTROL » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Mother I don't need you. I never told you I needed you. I hated you for so long that I would never believe I needed you. When I got to this Prison I would never admit to needing you.

Mother I really need you.

A single surface week. That is how long I have been Matron. Let's tally up the score.
Slave Rose=missing
Gulmyr=fled back home
Ilvxun=fled with him
Throck=quit
Il'lith=missing

Why even list the rest? My house is gutted. I lost 6 members, a slave, and two retainers and it hasn't even been 6 cycles. What is going on!? Is Lolth testing me? The war Mori'hyada spear headed and Gulmyr followed in line with, was a complete disaster! The Temple will never admit to this. Oh No! Because The Temple has never lost a war! WE LOST, I lost. Damn them. Mother I fought tooth and nail with Gulmyr about this. They are using you Gulmyr! Our house is fodder Gulmyr! Gulmyr get us out of this!!

What would you say Mother? Stop it foolish child. He was a male. This is why Males do not lead houses. They are prideful, arrogant, and stupid. Then you would whip the hell out of me for my little pity party. Speaking of party. I had one for my matron ascension. Nobody showed up. Alright, alright, I am done. I am Drow, you taught me better then this. What do I have to work with?

Udok- I love him. I still do, and always will, but I am Matron. Matron's don't openly mate with lesser races. At least not ones leading tiny houses. Losing him would hurt, a lot.
Ardul- Politically talented. Forced herself into first daughter position. I am proud of her and how far she has come. A fine member of the house. If this works out, I see her coming at me in the far future to take my place, and I would honor her for it. Losing her would hurt, a lot.
Xas- A recent retainer recruit. Insane, and I adore the chaos she may be able to create. It's early we will see what happens with this one.

Allies? Allies...allies...allies, A lot. You always were impressed how charming I could be. Well my strength is going to keep this house afloat till we can rebuild. I have built defenses against anyone coming to consume us. Defenses against The Table coming for our home. We are bunkered in. Only I know the full extent of how many allies I could call upon to defend us. It will stay that way for now. Udok once said don't show all your cards. Wise words from the big lug.

What now? We survive, till we can thrive. Stay out of direct military confrontation at all possible. An open war would ruin us, and my clothing, and my shoes....I really need more shoes. Recruit, recruit, recruit. I need bodies with my insignia on them. We don't need a lot. Maybe 2 or 3, just enough to show we are expanding. We can lie about the true numbers after that.

Play nice with Mori'hyada!! They have to know by now my connections to Xun'viir. Behave, kiss butts till your nose is brown, keep them at bay as long as possible. Losing my position at the Temple would hurt, mostly because I enjoy it, but it wouldn't be crippling. Losing our home would hurt, but we have many other options in other districts, more importantly I truly feel like we can build a stronghold here. Plus, if we leave the Table we pretty much are a Xun'viir puppet at that point.

Xun'viir, no changes.

I need to start engaging more with the other Table houses. I keep getting advice for this, but been putting it off.

What else? What else!? So much I can't keep it straight! I need a drink.

Surface webs? Mercenaries? All possibilities, but no need to turn to them yet.

Alright, I have a formation of a plan that I can work with. I lost a ton of people, but a good purge didn't hurt anyone. I can rebuild with people I want. Be selective, I have time. Make this work to my favor. Alright, Mother still wish you were around just so you could see what I am building here. It's going to be special. I can feel it. I have never felt more strongly about anything in my life. I have never been more dedicated to make this work. I will not let it fail.

Matron Mother Xun'viir once told me, being a Matron is about your vision and using your sheer will to bring it into reality, no matter what happens. Find others who will share in this vision. You are no longer yourself, you are the vision.

What is my vision?

A house of controlled chaos. A house of our Queen. A house of breath-taking beauty. A house of pure cunning, shadows, and confusion. A house that can topple others with words alone.

Let's get to work.

PEST CONTROL

Post by PEST CONTROL » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:18 pm

The war took its toll on everyone, not just my house. Everything is slowing down. Houses in the Table are quiet. The Temple hasn't had a ceremony in some time. It's eerie. The city is still moving about, but it just feels different. Like everyone is taking a deep breath? Or maybe we are just tired.

This works in my favor. Everyone is just too worn out to cause trouble, except for me of course. If I work this correctly the house will be in good shape in no time. In fact, I have recruited 4 new retainers already. If they stay, I'll mention them later. But, new blood is a great sign. The new Retainer Xas even recruited another male. I am impressed with her, expecting great chaos in the future. Need to discuss possibly giving her our name, we will see what Ardul thinks.

I did something naughty mother. You would have hated it. I went to the surface and spent time with pirates! It was great, great fun. I so enjoy slumming it with the lesser species. They are so dirty, and simple. I terrified them, and this just made me giddy. I know, if you ever red this it would mean a date with your whip. But, you're not so shove off! As the pirate's would say! Their silly speech makes me giggle. The captain is a fascinating creature, A Half-blooded dragon by the name of Blue. These simple creatures will be extremely useful. I shall be investing heavily in them.

I am starting to get fan letters. Well, letters of respect? I am not sure what to call them. Some male sent me a human eyeball!? In almost any other setting I would be concerned I have some creepy stalker. Here though? I guess it's some sign of respect. He wanted me to sacrifice it, I will let Udok eat it.

Things to Do:
1. I have taken a new priestess by the name of Uyr into training. The Temple is pretty quiet so hopefully this will jumpstart it again. She is an orthodox follower of our queen. She would be perfect for Mori'hyada let's hope I can woo her before this. We will need to prepare a sermon together, and I need to makes sure she doesn't embarrass herself, or more importantly me.

2.Still need to contact the other table matrons. They have been relatively quiet.

3.Our name is improving, which is good, but still needs work.

4. need to get back into crafting, our coffers are getting low. The idea of doing this makes me queasy.

That's enough for now Mother. I hope your enjoying your spider life.

PEST CONTROL

Post by PEST CONTROL » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:47 pm

Mother when I wrote that I missed you I didn't mean for you to ACTUALLY SHOW UP!! Gods, now I need to make sure I burn these before you find them. How could I still be afraid of my mother? You and the Arch-Priestess are the only two people I truly fear. Anyway...

When I said before it felt like the city was taking deep breath, it was taking the breath to spit most of the Table out. Sweet baby Lolth things change so quickly around here. Mori'hyada are suddenly absent, a smaller house Xel'Vraxa was attacked by house Rilv'nyres in attempts to consume them. The assassination succeeded but the consumption failed. This has set off a series of events that I had planned for, but not for maybe a year or more out. Details are sketchy at best, but from my understanding Rilv'nyres angered Xun'viir, somehow. Xel'vraxa's went to Xun'viir for help to turn away Rilv'nyres. This leaving us? Smack in the middle.

I am on good terms with all these houses as far as I know. Udok and Ardul are going bonkers thinking this is going to erupt into a full-scale war, and I need to get involved. Then I get word about a plan that was in place to put me on the council with Xel'vraxa's matron, turn this into taking over the Temple, then announcing me as some Queen of the Table. What!!? Mother I have no idea what is going on! I always know what is going on. All this stuff hit me like a brick to the face. I have no idea what is true, what isn't, what is others just feeding me what I want to hear, who is manipulating who, and I LOVE IT!

The chaos is just bleeding all over the Table. You can feel it walking the streets. Yes, this has accelerated everything. The house is doing good, better than expected. We are pulling in new blood, or name is respected once again, and I even get more bows in the Hub. But, we are in no shape for open conflict, the retainers are barely even settled in. Your presence and the swarms of my brothers and sisters helps our military power greatly, but not enough to destroy another house. We stick to the plan. Stay out of it. Keep rebuilding. If the other houses wish to prop me up fine, but I am not sending my people into a fight.

There is something else that has been annoying me. I keep getting males asking to court me. Not surprising, this has always been a thing, but they are getting aggressive. Taking liberties with what they say that would never fly with another Matrons. Touching me! One even attempted to get me drunk so he could follow me home. These males are extremely useful, unpaid body-guards pretty much, but I don't have to use my body to get things anymore. I hated doing it then, and I am sure as hell not doing it now. It's clearly driving Udok nuts, and I worry he will snap going on a murderous rampage. Actually, that sounds wonderfully entertaining, but horrible consequences for the house! Alright, I am going to have to start feeding the dragon if this doesn't stop. The only possibility of me taking a male is for political and military gain. If the house can make significant gains, and I mean significant, I will bed one of these males. Maybe even enjoy it, but they better step-up their courting game because this is getting on my nerves.

Things to do:
1. Speak with Matrons of Xel'Vraxa and Rilv'nyres.
2. Keep in touch with retainers, woo them, pay them, make sure they are doing what they are told.
3. Speak to Ardul about new trials to gain house name.
4. Keep in contact with Uyr. This is important, this priestess is smart and would be a fantastic pick-up for the house.
5. I have devised a plan that would bring great prestige to the house. It's still in baby stages, but need to keep working on it even with all this chaos.

I know I am forgetting something else, but this is enough for now.

PEST CONTROL

Post by PEST CONTROL » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:14 pm

My Stolen Tree,

The greatest crime ever to be,
was the elf that stole my tree.

The beauty of my tree cannot be seen,
that is all that is absolute to me.

I can feel it, it stands right before me,
yet I will never truly see my tree.

My tree in a field of green?
I would not know for the Moon does not tell me.

True color is an impossibility,
am I guilty of a crime not belonging to me?

They stole beauty, the colors We all see.
And that is the true sin in this story.

What you think Mother? I wrote it for a poetry reading upon the surface. That will be the last time I ever get do that.

I took a big risk. Organized a raid upon Cordor with no experience in such a thing. What do I know about military strategy? Nothing. They walked into a trap and got wiped out. I was so careful, but still somehow they learned of what was going happen. I told my people it might be a trap. 1/2 went, 1/2 pulled back, stupid, stupid, stupid, I knew something was wrong and I should have been more forceful. My surface webs are now ruined. There is no point even trying to repair them. No more hallucinogenic trips to play on the surface. No more drunk play times in Cordor's sewers. Poof, all gone.

Now, every nut job with an opinion is telling me what I did wrong. "You should have one this", "You should have done that", "Why didn't you wait?", "Why didn't you leak a different location?" "Why didn't you ask us to come?", "Why didn't so and so show up?" I have been questioned my entire time here. An outsider who climbed the ladder and took Matronhood. Question me all you want.

There hasn't been anything this bold planned in recent memory. Yeah, the Table Houses are going to tear me up for this. Use it to undercut the power I am amassing. Like they should! I don't care Mother. I don't. We, no, I was never in danger, my people slaughtered civilians and burned buildings in the heart of Gods damn Cordor! Many of my house bleed upon Cordor's streets, some captured and tortured. I put my reputation and my surface webs on the line, and even more my people's trust and blood. I put those people there, and I would do it again. I will do again. Lolth would be proud, and so am I. They called in every single surface settlement to help. That's how scared they were. They were lucky this time.

Enough foolishness, the long cons upon the surface weren't working. Nobody lives long enough up there to shift societal views. I tried reasoning, I tried being friendly, I tried using my body, nothing worked. I am nothing, but a Drow who deserved death. Well, this Drow has had enough. Now I will try horror. I will try it again, and again, until I learn what works and what doesn't. My name shall be known throughout the surface as the lunatic who isn't afraid to risk everything. I will put this damn city on my back if I have too. We will stop fighting each other because war will be upon us. Win, lose, it doesn't matter chaos will be everywhere, and I will bathe in it.

PEST CONTROL

Post by PEST CONTROL » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:41 am

Mother, I am so glad you will never actually read this because I did something royally stupid again. In a drunken stupor I drank an entire bottle of dreammyst, blacked out, and woke up in a Cordor cell. How could I be such an idiot!? Mother I got so lucky. So very lucky. I could have died. It wasn't fun it was humiliating. The surfacers ruined my YUKA dress! They poured pig's blood on it! Who does that!? IT WAS ONE OF A KIND! Plus, some dragon drooled all over my Chi'Chi Heels! Who keeps a dragon in a tiny cell!? Damn savages. I better not tell Udok he will be so angry. Not to mention I used 1/2 a million of our house money on that outfit. Also, I had 30 grand on me. Yeah, let's not tell Udok.

He does keep telling me I need to be more careful, so does Sab and they are right. Chaotic fun is one thing, but doing that was insane. Perhaps I am acting out because of the stress? I don't know.

I have been so busy putting out fires, or recruiting, and now a serious issue with the Temple has come up. In Mori'hyada's absence the other Table Houses are jockeying for position to take it over. Some of the clergy are even calling for me to take up arch-priestess duties.

Mother I am a terrible priestess. Sure, I keep a room of eyes on me. I can entertain, but my scripture knowledge is horrible. I am no Mori'hyada. Say what you will about them, but Matron Mori'hyada was a terrifying arch-priestess. She knew her stuff. I can't be like that! Mother let's face it, I am not intimidating, but I feel like if I don't do something it will weaken our house. It's possible we could fall behind and be able to recover. If I do do something? It could mean civil war in the Table. I don't know. I just don't know!

Why is this so complicated? I just want to cause horror and chaos upon the surface! Why is that so hard? You would tell me to stop whining! Lolth is testing me. Blah blah blah...maybe but I don't feel like being tested! I just want it to be easy.

Mother I don't think I can do anything about the Temple. My heart is just not in it. I can't risk it. I will do anything for my house, and it just doesn't make sense to risk a war that I am not positive we can win.

Maybe I just need to step back for a little bit. Let things in the Table settle down. You know what I am going to do!!? Be creative! That's it Mother, that always calms me down and makes me feel good. I am going to...write a play. Yeap, that is what I am going to do, and it will be FABULOUS!

PEST CONTROL

Post by PEST CONTROL » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:53 am

Alright, I am going to do it. At this point I really have no choice. I cannot believe how fast the Table fell apart. I have a hard time even believing it. Mother, I am pretty sure I might be the only Matron in The Devil's Table lower houses. The rest are either dead or missing. I should be elated! I should claim victory over my rivals, and throw a celebration! But I can't, I had very little to do with it. The Table is in ruins because of the strangle hold Mori'hyada has on all the important property. I am actually quite impressed. Not even sure how they did it. But, that doesn't matter now. I am going to risk everything to get The Table back up and running.

My plan is simple, sort of, actually it is an accumulation of many months of work, but it all leads down to this one moment. Mother don't worry I am not just letting our Queen fill my heart with chaos and just going for it. This has been well thought out, planned, and debated between Sab and Udok for weeks. Now even they agree. They are scared, which is adorable really I love them both so much, but nothing isn't gained unless you are ready to lose everything. Someone wise said that once I think. I am not scared. I have wanted to do this for weeks now. Granted I would blow up my entire house on a whim if I thought it would get me somewhere.

A surface web has most of the city thinking we are going to war. Perfect, I wasn't expecting Cordor and that foolish Noble house to act so boldly, but it works. The city wants unification, and I will make sure they have it. Nothing unites this city like threats from surfacers. All that's left is to figure out what house actually has a matron willing to meet, or someone willing to take over in their absence, and what young houses are ready to step into a noble position. After that we see who will stand in my way.

I am so excited. I can barely write! My hand is actually shaking. As if some how writing this will alert everyone what I am going to do!! All or nothing Mother. Trust my intelligence, trust my people, but most importantly trust the chaotic bottle that is my heart.

Mother, The Prophecy will be fulfilled.
I am about to become the Queen of the Lower Houses of the Devil's Table.