Bloody plans set into motion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

torugor

Bloody plans set into motion

Post by torugor » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:38 am

“Two months…two months of careful planning and preparations…of dangerous negociations and all comes down for tonight`s performance..Tempus will be pleased. “

That was all that Upir could think of since he came to Arelith. From start he didn`t make many relations in town. He kept to himself, training his body, getting stronger as he did the small jobs for Cordor. That was not time for reputation…it was time for preparations. To get stronger, to get money and to craft…craft as many armors as he could.

His room in the tavern hadn`t luxuries…only a small unconfortable bed and lots and lots of armors and weapons. Not great armors as it was beyond his craft. Simple garments for simple man and this would be enough. Only five sets of armors were special…ones he bought Brogestein with the crest of a known dwarven merchant company. That set of armor was already delivered...not an easy delivery but some risk is always needed for those who aims for greatness.

Today would be the great day, so Upir polished his full plate to perfection and would not use his mace. He was using a Battle axe he has found in his adventures. Not a weapon he knew how to use, but the favored by his god and this was a day of praising his god with blood and it had to be with the correct weapon.

Upir went to the tavern and asked the peasant he hired the day before to fill the cart with the armors and weapons, and while the job was being made, he went to the tavern and looked for the local Bard. Waited for the last balad and started the negociations.
“Hello Deekins…I have been listening your same old songs all day…what about I give you a new song to play?”
“I am interested mr. Upir…but I didn`t know you made songs…”
“Nah…I am not a man of making songs, more a man of action and patronage. I will take you to where the action will be and you make the song and spread. How much is a full day of your work?”
“Will it be dangerous?”
“You are following a servant of war….its always dangerous…”
“50 gold coins.”
“Very well…but I want one third of revenues you get from the song you produce after today”
“Deal!”
All was settled and the small cart left Cordor to the north. The destination was a small farming village north in the frontier to Bramble Woods. In his travels, it was visible that farms were suffering with the attacks of orcs and other than the help of some travelling adventurers, they were left to their luck. The journey there took half a day and they arrived when the sun was on peak and most villagers were on the town square minding their own business. Was not hard to call the attention of the people to a small cart full of weapons and armor, especially when a strong well built man on his full plate – yours truly- was already standing over all that armor making a loud speech.

“Citizen, please gather around….as I came here to answer your prayers. You may remember me of the many times I passed your village with my armor tainted by orkish blood. And you were always kind to me healing my wounds. I heard your stories…heard how the orcs keep coming and stealing your food. Heard how…
*Upir glances at the bard to see if he is paying attention*
“…your complaints to Cordor government came to deft ears. I feel your loss…and was touched when I heard of little Timmy…who died some weeks ago in the hands of the orcs just because his father *points towards the farmer whose eyes were already filled with tears* didn`t have the food the orcs demanded.”
“I feel your loss as young Timmy had a warrior`s heart…and you might think he was wrong to confront that orc that day…but he was NOT! HE WAS NOT WRONG!! Courage is to be praised. Strength and power are to be rewarded. Tempus says war is inevitable…its force of nature. It will always come. Its part of us the same as its part of those orcs. I noticed those orcs and how well equipped they were. And I see the courage in your hearts.”
“Wrong was CORDOR that not being able to bring you soldiers, should have given you the means to defend yourselves. As if the orcs come with armors and weapons, so should you be prepared to defend your village and fill this square with their blood!!!”
*looks at the crowd and as they start complaining of Cordor and the orcs…they got the bate*
“Here I came to do what Cordor should have done. Receive this armor and blades as a gift of the all mighty Tempus to protect yourselves. It is in your hands your destiny. Tempus bring you the means to fight back and to stop this raids once and for all!!!”
The crowd around the cart starts collecting the armor and many was already dressing it and playing with the blades. Others skeptical didn`t think violence was the solution. Those were not warriors and Upir knew that…but it would not matter…the bard was there writing the tale and it was almost time…the sun was in the right spot and it was all up to the orcs to make their part…and so they did.
It started with a horn and soon the villagers were silenced by fear as they knew what it meant. Fear is a powerful feeling and Upir knew it would be enough to convice the villagers. And soon they started screaming in fear for the arrival of the orcs for another raid.
“What is this I heard? Is it fear??? Don’t be fearful!!! Be happy because this is the day you will have your revenge!!! Now is the time war is upon you and the chance you have to recover all that you lost!!! Now is the time to kill those bastards and fill this square with their blood!! And show them that this is your land and they cant come here and steal the fruits of your work! Arm yourselves!!! ARM YOURSELVES because you have a priest of TEMPUS in your side and today he favour the STRONG VILLAGERS OVER THE ORCS!!!

It was enough…when the first orcs arrived in the village all were equipped and ready. More than that….blessed with as many blessings as upir had prayed to conjure that day. The fight took one hour to end. Even being well equipped the villagers were no warriors while the orcs on the other side were. Both sides had plenty of losses but orcs had more as their leader were killed and they decided to flee. Watching the fervor of battle ending on the villagers, upir made his last prepared speech.
“Rejoyce my friends….you fought bravely and defeated your foes. You are victorious as I told you would be. Tempus favors the strong and that’s what each of you are…but not armor and weapon alone…it is your man and woman who bravely fought. Now take their leader and let`s put his head in a pike here in the central square….I will pray for the souls of the dead as they fought bravely to defend their families and now can rest near Tempus as true warriors. Please Deekins could you help the villagers?”

The bard went to help happily…he had received a good tale to tell indeed. Not everyday he could tell a tale where simple villagers fight back against orcs. And why not help? This was the leader and the leader has loot and his armor seemed good as well. He noticed that armor by its quality during the battle and wanted to see it closely. As he helped the villagers the greedy suddenly stopped to comment in loudly.
Deekins- Wait a minute…this is not a the armor of a orc. What was made by dwarves!!! Look at the crest!
The villagers were confused and soon more three orcs using armors with the same crest appreared. By now Upir knew his plan was complete. Deekins were chosen because he was a greedy and curious bard and he knew he would notice something off with the orc`s armor.
Upir- “I have seen many dwarves passing this roads. I would never think they would be selling armor to the orcs…but you know…dwarves are greedy and think on themselves before others. The gold their received from this armor is tainted in this villager`s blood…shame on them…”
Upir watched the villagers agreeing and complaining on the dwarves and knew his deed was done. After the preach for the fallen he left with the bard.
“Here Deekins…50 gold coins…sing what you saw today in all taverns of Gordor.”
“Don`t worry Upir. I am the one to thank you…this tale will spread like fire…”

Two days after Upir returns alone to the orcs small camp. They were still defining the new leader as they lost most of their soldiers in the battle against the villagers. Upir counted 10 surviving orcs and as he entered the camp with his axe in hand, fully blessed by tempus…he knew there might some more females and enfants in the camp, but he told himself: “No loose ends….no survivors…”. And it was a night of bloodshed to remember….Tempus be praised