The Last Thoughts of a Dying Drow Monk

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Princess

The Last Thoughts of a Dying Drow Monk

Post by Princess » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Heartbeat slow…

/She/ was in my thoughts always, when I was alone, hunting, meditating. Would /she/ be proud how strong I have become; how far and hard I was able to push myself. Or would /she/ be disappointed how I failed in the end.

Everything is blurry…

/She/ believed in me the very first cycle we met, the first one that I trusted, one I could speak to endlessly. /She/ taught me so much and asked for only my companionship and trust in return, /she/…gave me everything.

Heartbeat slower…

/She/ was the closest thing I imagine what “love” feels like, was that it? Is that what it feels like, the humans, surface elves and others speak of it. I never felt it again, the feeling and emotion was forever lost in the shadows no matter how hard I would search.
I waited, endless, countless cycles, I wanted /her/ to return. Hoping one cycle I would see you again standing inside the manor or come out of the shadows. I hold on too little things that keep /her/ with me after all these cycles, does /she/ think about me wherever /she/ is. /She/ must, I tell myself or am I trying to convince myself /she/ is still alive somewhere.

All I can taste is iron…

I failed and that is why /she/ does not return, I could have been better. All those that died around me, all those that have left. I should have tried harder; I should have been stronger. In the end, don’t we are all die. It only matters how you die…but not like this, it could have been so much…better…

The red glow forever fades into an empty, lifeless void.