Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 am

From myself
================
Bug Fixes/QoL:
- Added -makesafe waypoints to Cordor Coal Mines (Grotto).
- Bless Weapon now uses the same target selection as GMW: you can target either the intended weapon or the wielder to apply.
- The Ooze and Mechanus summon streams will now appear in the -stream list even if you don't have any other Elemental/Planar streams (respectively).
- Ranger bonus Favored Enemies logic will no longer count negative Wisdom modifiers against you, as more consistent with original update documentation.
- 'Dhearow' has been corrected to 'Dhaerow' in the Elven language cipher.
- Wyrdstones won from the Skull Coin gambler now have the Mundane property.
- Fixed some inaccessible shops/placeables in Dunmarle.
- Investing gold in Outpost development with Marigorn the Overseer no longer subject to a 14-day cooldown.
- Added respawn point to Great Grotto (in the cemetery outside).
- With great reluctance, removed the hilarious 'spawn random traps all the time' flag that'd been on the Devil's Table District House's lower area for some reason.
Last edited by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to play a dog because I really like dogs and I think I could create a lot of inclusive RP by playing a dog for <z> reasons."

Current character: None

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:15 am

From msheeler
===================
- Continual Flame: No longer applies permanent light effects, instead now applies the same effect as light, but with a flat 120 hour duration. Will now target the same objects as the light spell does.

- PLC skill checks on examine: New feature added to allow certain skills to reveal more in depth information when examining PLCs. For example, a better lore skill might reveal more information about an object. Since this is a new feature it will begin to show up more and more as area development continues.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 pm

From myself
================
- Minauros' acid rain should be significantly more manageable based on feedback. I'll continue to monitor for any more tweaks it may need.
- The Devil's Table District House trap fix and Great Grotto respawn point from my previous post are now live.
- The Outpost has received its first construction progress update based on initial contributions made by players so far.
"I want to play a dog because I really like dogs and I think I could create a lot of inclusive RP by playing a dog for <z> reasons."

Current character: None

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:54 am

A number of major changes just went live...

From Xerah, after consultation with player and fellow team members
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment, DEX builds (including a number of divine DEX builds) are taking a lead on the server due to the extreme high AC that can be obtained. The following five changes are limited in scope, but additional options will be considered moving forward. To give an idea of some of these option that are being considered, they may include: heal potion changes, gear rework, time stop, small race tentacle immunity,

BALAGRN’S IRON HORN: No longer uses DEX bonus; 12 second cooldown added.

Commentary: This is one spell that has been enabling DEX builds to develop, this is an attempt to add some risk to that style. We are considering removing this from warlocks, adding a longer cooldown, or making it non-potionable.

KNOCKDOWN: Change to a 12 second cooldown (6 seconds less) immunity and 50% move speed reduction for 1 (Save to prevent; discipline VS AB) if currently immune to knockdown.

Commentary: For a similar reason as above, this change is to allow a bit more use out of knockdown and will be reviewed as needed.

BLINDING SPEED: Remove Haste; add +1 attack, +50% move speed, +4 AC

Commentary: Even with this change, this is still a good feat. It allows non-casters access to haste in an instant that will last for 30 rounds. In any fight longer than a minute, this is still a huge action economy advantage. For rogue builds, it approaches near permahaste in pve situations. If it were a "not amazing" feat, we would not see it as a staple on so many builds, nor functioning as so defining a feature on dex/div builds. The people who will feel this change most are dex/divs, which is appropriate. If this does not do enough, then we can look at it further, for example, making it dispelable, or potion speed.

WILD ELVES : Remove +1 AC

Commentary: Wild elves are mainly taken for the mechanical bonuses rather than actually wanting to play a wild elf within lore. The +AC makes it just too appealing for several classes. Other considerations are making this a reward (as with the other wild race classes).

RANGER: Remove 2 weapon AC bonus when character has monk levels

Commentary: Similar to how this works for spellswords, this bonus is also removed if the character has monk levels.

From the Arelith Team
---------------------------------

- Awards no longer required for Outcast or Slave start.
- Gift of Humility has been disabled from selection for new characters.
- Svirfneblin now start with the Earth summoning stream.
- The following races are being moved from +2 to +3 ECL:
- Fey, Firbolg, Ogre, Orog
- The following changes are being made to the number of Gifts a character can take based on ECL:

ORIGINAL:
ECL Maj Min
+0 2 1
+1 1 1
+2 0 1
+3 0 0

NOW:
ECL Maj Min
+0 1 2
+1 1 1
+2 1 1
+3 0 1

- The above changes are not retroactive; all existing characters will be grandfathered.

From Myself
------------------

- Added a new merchant type - 'Outdoor Supplies' . These merchants sell resource gathering tools, shovels, some traps, fishing poles, limited ranger scrolls and new climbing equipment items. Currently they have been added at the Hearthhouse in Brogdenstein, and Jory's Lodge in the Base Camp. (These stores will not be live until the next reset)

- Updated/Facelift to the above areas.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 pm

The following changes to the recent update are now in effect.

- ECL 0 races will receive 2 Major, 1 Minor gifts (as before).
- Humans being moved to ECL +1 (qualifying them for 1 Major, 1 Minor gift).
- The drow-only Gift of Melee-Magthere and Gift of the Clergy are disabled from selection.

The following change will follow in due course

- Any drow created with both a Major gift and one of those unique Minor gifts will be given an opportunity to re-select.

(Thanks for the feedback here, definitely helped revise this one. We're not likely to look at gifts further in the near future)

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Well, just to cap what has been an odd couple of days.

I decided to heed further feedback and leave humans at 0ECL with 2 major gifts.

Following the next reset...normalcy is restored.