Arelith Updates!

Moderators: Spyre, Morderon

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by ActionReplay » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Live Now:
Ship Guards can now be Recruited on certain vessels. Only Ship Owner, By key or Faction Power can recruit these guards.

Ship Guards will only follow you on Ship Decks so they can be used when boarding other player ships or defending your own (PvP encounters). However, they will return to their Ship if you try and bring them with you to other locations (or interior of the ship).

Henchman limit is set to 2 on Arelith, so you can bring with you max two. However, other crew members could recruit the remaining guards if the Ship have them to spare.

Spyre
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by Spyre » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:39 pm

Cover & Disguise Updates
======================
* Cover is now enabled automatically when fully covered by clothes and armor

* The -cover command is now only used to check your cover state.

* Hoods that do not hide your face no longer count as cover, the new masked-hoods added to all races do.

* Being covered no longer hides your description automatically and the text alerting a PC is covered now look less "Evil"

* A new -disguise_race command was added that allows you to disguise your race as a similar one **when covered** (Shield Dwarf -> Gold Dwarf, Drow -> Sun Elf, etc.), breaking the cover without breaking the disguise will not reveal your real race.
Discord: MalKalith#8042
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:02 am

Live now at PGCC:
From Zaphiel:
Command for adding new weapon VFXs is added to PGCC.

New command: -weapon_vfx [1-50]
This command will apply the weapon VFX at the specified ID.
Example usage: -weapon_vfx 50

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Siege Weapons on Ships can now also be used anywhere else that is an exterior area. When placing a Siege Weapon in another area that is not the deck of ship a set of new options will appear.

It behaves much the same as before but added options are Calibration Mode that will trigger Targeting Mode where you can adjust the angle and initial distance and target location to fire projectiles at.
On top of this as Targeting Mode is limited to how far you can see and click you can also adjust the range beyond this point with the given angle from Calibration Mode.

Target Location will be marked with an X-mark placeable and a green cone will show a valid target area for the Siege Weapon. Please note this cone visual won't be visible until next Hak build is pushed live but you can use the weapon just fine without it; its just there to help you out visually.

Light Ballista, Heavy Ballista and Mangonel can only fire in a 50 degree cone from its facing. While the Bombard can fire 360 degrees around it.

All projectiles are subject to Reflex Saves. Damage and DC will be increased with better projectiles.

Light Ballista
Damage Radius: Medium (3.33m)
DC: 15 + Ammo Bonus
Damage (Piercing): d6(4 + Ammo Bonus) + Ammo Bonus

Heavy Ballista
Damage Radius: Medium (3.33m)
DC: 20 + Ammo Bonus
Damage (Piercing): d8(5 + Ammo Bonus) + Ammo Bonus

Mangonel
Damage Radius: Large (5.0m)
DC: 25 + Ammo Bonus
Damage (Fire): d8(8 + Ammo Bonus) + Ammo Bonus

Bombard
Damage Radius: Large (5.0m)
DC: 30 + Ammo Bonus
Damage (Fire): d10(8 + Ammo Bonus) + Ammo Bonus

Radius, Damage and DC subject to change.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:46 am

From myself
================
- Mayfields NPCs no longer shout over nearby PC conversations.
- Svirfneblin Engineer no longer compelled to establish dominance over Treadstone Locks portal.
- Treadstone Locks Houses' music 80% less creepy (from approved suggestion).
- Treadstone Locks Tenement area fixture limit increased from 60 to 180. Still a tenement, though.
- New NPC added who can grant the Shadow Mage path to eligible PCs.
- More -makesafe points were added to Kohlingen/Island Ruins, despite how funny it was when you got trapped on the roof all those times.
"I want to play a dog because I really like dogs and I think I could create a lot of inclusive RP by playing a dog for <z> reasons."

Current character: None

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:07 pm

(All after next reset)

From Anachorn
==============
- New chat option added: -description +save_cover [NAME]
- This option will allow saving cover descriptions, which are relatively short descriptions (less than 500 characters) that will automatically replace the regular/disguise description when your character is fully covered. (breaking the cover doesn't change the description)
- The command can be used without a name parameter to setup your default cover description.
- The final description shown when you are examined while fully covered will be:
1) You specific disguise name cover description if it exists, else
2) Your default cover description if it exists, else
3) No description

From myself and Action Replay
=========================

- Henchmen now work cross server. This will include all new recruitable henchmen to be added, as well as existing ones in Darrowdeep, Gloom and the Spires Citadel. Their inventories can no longer be adjusted.

From myself and Anatida
=====================

Herb bag containers are now sold at Heartwood & Zurkhwood Groves

From Action Replay
================

- Guldorand Timberfleet now uses a different (less buggy) ship model

Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:32 am

From myself
================
- Eagle Feathers, Bones, Spider Silk now able to be stored in Hunting Bags.
- Writ rewards, particularly for mid- and high-level writs, have been "rebalanced" (nerfed). Settle down settle down, it was almost entirely gold, not XP.
- Tracks left behind by DI now display as left by a human. ("Oh, so you think I'm a member of an ancient, obscure and extinguished human empire (which in reality was secretly stolen into the black depths of the Underdark) in self-exile, who just happens to be out for a stroll, because you see it in some footsteps in some mud?")
- Corpses left behind by the following subraces will display their parent race type instead of their actual subrace, UNLESS shapeshifted into a "monstrous" form, where appropriate:
- Aasimar
- Deep Imaskari
- Dragon
- Genasi (all types)
- Rakshasa
- Tiefling
- Vampire
- Yuan-Ti Pureblood
- Gold from purchased citizenships will now spontaneously evaporate instead of being deposited into the associated settlement's bank account.

From Zaphiel
================
- Trolls asked politely to please go and die when attacked with fire or acid again.
"I want to play a dog because I really like dogs and I think I could create a lot of inclusive RP by playing a dog for <z> reasons."

Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:39 am

From BHR55
================

- Vampires should no longer combust in sunlight when within the effect of a Darkness spell (or sunscreen).

From Danger Dolphin
================

- Implemented player suggestion for decapitated character heads to expire. They now appear as/are described as heads, not skulls (as they must be recognisable as the person who died in order to be useful in roleplay).
- Keeping rotting heads in your inventory for too long will have negative effects for your character, such as a bad smell and spreading disease.

From Zaphiel
================

- Curse Weapon, HiPS, Portal Lens and -fetch added to cooldown list.
- New ammunation created through Assembly Templates will, when fired, show the VFX of the first property of the Assembly Template. If that first property doesn't have a VFX attached to it, the ammunition will show the next property that has a VFX attached to it.
Example:
You create arrows by using Assembly Template (Stable). First slot is filled with Acid, second slot is filled with Fire. When you shot the arrows created through this assembly template, they will show the Acid VFX in air.
Example 2:
You create arrows using Assembly Template (Stable). First slot is filled with Electric, second slot is filled with Sonic. When you fire the arrows created with this assembly template, they will show the Sonic VFX in air, because electrical damage doesn't have an VFX attached to it.

From myself
================

- New merchants in Dis and a heap of changed RP items including many with new custom icons available for sale (on random/rotating basis).
- Critical QoL update: Dis candy now gives the correct flavor text when eaten.
- NPCs can no longer immediately identify Deep Imaskari, Rakshasa, Vampires, etc. when questioned using the -investigate command (they will report whatever parent or apparent race is appropriate at the time the PC was detected).

Spyre
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by Spyre » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:14 am

From Aniel
==========
Earthkin Defender Update is Live

The banner has received 50% physical damage immunity in addition to some appropriate effect immunities.

Epic class feats properly require epic Earthkin Defender class levels to be selected. Sorry dips!

All Earthkin Defender abilities are flagged as extraordinary.

New VFXs have been added to Debilitating Strike's impact and for the ability Aegis. More VFXs to come.

All abilities will receive custom icons post-release. It will likely be a few weeks yet.

Earthkin Defender will be released and available on all servers. With this, all current PCs that have levels in Earthkin Defender will be forcibly releveled for the class update to take properly.

Feedback will continue to be closely looked over following release. Bear in mind all numbers are subject to tweak and adjustment as you complete your relevels. Make choices you'll be happy with as another relevel is unlikely.

From Spyre
===========

- Hex added to -usefeat command
- Reminder about AMA listing and command for new players on server login (only affects people 10 RPR or lower)
- Arcane Tower (Common Room) fixture limit increased to 120
- Bendir Dale (Earthkin Village) Cottages fixture limit increased to 100
- Myon's Great Tower receives a printing press
- The -remake_char command now gives a brighter warning with the (mostly) the same warning but added server rules from the DMs onto it.
- The Hub had additional trash barrels added - ya filthy animals. Pick your stuff up and throw it in the labeled containers!

From Bat Country
================
- Cleaned up and improved soundscape in UD Ice Road region.

From Zaphiel
============
- Vampire's Bite ability added to cooldown list.
- -head and -soundset commands are now available in PGCC.

From Anachorn
=============
- Deep Imaskari are now identifiable on examine only by other Deep Imaskari.
- New charts were added to the wiki (Thanks @Mattamue!) with the full details on which races can disguise as which and what happens when you are disguised and/or covered :
http://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Disguise#Disguise_Matrix
http://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Fully_Covered#Disguise_Race
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Spyre
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by Spyre » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:38 pm

From Garrbear
============
Epic Damage Reduction prerequisite lowered to 19 constitution (previously 21).

From Spyre
=========

- Jordor in Brog is no longer a wet noodle. His HP has increased from 4 to 44. Take that holy traps!
- Shelgarn's persistent blade is now a flat 24 hour spell cast regardless of caster level. Extended spell has a 2x duration (48 hours).

Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:24 pm

From myself
================
- Twelve new Arelith-custom fixtures (craftable by Underdarkers only) have been added. They will be available in the crafting menu within the next day or so (aiming for that timeframe, holidays may impact).

ART CRAFTING:
Couch (UD) Purple Damask
DC: 18
CP: 10
Requirements:
1 Fixture: Cushions
3 Granite

Couch (UD) Green Tweed
DC: 17
Requirements:
3 Granite

Couch (UD) Red Moldy
DC: 16
Requirements:
3 Granite

Couch (UD) Red Tweed
DC: 17
Requirements:
3 Granite

Potted Mushrooms (Blue)
DC: 15
CP: 5
Requirements:
4 Clay
3 Marble
1 Rock Chunk (Nitharit)

Table (Grey Stone)
DC: 14
CP: 12
Requirements:
2 Granite
3 Marble

Table (Grey Stone Round)
CP: 14
Requirements:
2 Granite
1 Ingot: Steel
2 Marble

Table (Grey Stone Square)
Requirements:
2 Granite
3 Marble

FORGING:
Chair Large (Dark Stone)
DC: 14
CP: 8
Requirements:
3 Granite

Table (Dark Stone)
Requirements:
3 Granite

Table (Dark Stone Large)
CP: 16
Requirements:
5 Granite
2 Ingot: Steel

ALCHEMY:
Faerie Fire Bowl
DC: 24
CP: 32
Requirements:
1 Alchemistic Catalyst (Standard)
3 Crystal
2 Ingot: Steel

Spyre
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by Spyre » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:51 am

From Spyre
=========

Live now:

- People that are scrying can no longer be reachable by speedy messengers or images. This should avoid awkward situations.

- Monstrous Pirates now at a normal reward tier and no longer requiring a greater reward. This reward is still locked behind application to Grumpycat and the DMs.

Spyre
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by Spyre » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Live next reset:

From Spyre
==========

- Blackstaff casting now has a target selection instead of casting on oneself only. The original behaviour has it focus on the weapon in your hand leading to the unnecessary bartering of your friends weapon for you to cast on. You are now able to choose who you want to cast it on.

-Snitches got stitches. Cordor and Radiant Heart snitches removed to be in line with changes done to Sencliff. The Radiant Heart NPC still offers its other half of it services though.

- New MoD added: Mark of Dauntlessness. Mark of Dauntlessness does not provide the additional 20 EXP per tick like the Mark of Destiny and has 10 lives; however, does allow for people to roll for rewards unlike Despair.

- Players no longer require DMs to gain a MoD. Players can now type -apply_mod which will prompt them if they wish to acquire a MoD. This has clear red warnings on first use and in the HELP portion (-apply_mod ?). If a character is below level 12, they will receive a Mark of Destiny. Above 12, they will receive a Mark of Dauntlessness.

From Aniel
==========
Base dispel resistance has been reduced from 12 to 11.

Developer commentary: This adjustment is primarily made to reduce deviations from vanilla NWN. In 1.69 the base dispel resistance was 12, but with the release of EE Beamdog fixed a bug and reduced it to 11. This was inadvertently reverted when the custom dispel scripts were implemented.