World of Anemoi

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

World of Anemoi

Post by Irongron » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:34 am

I'm posting this here as since he left us, as some of you know, Mithreas has been working on his own server. I've asked him many times if I can promote it here, and it's now at a level of development where he is comfortable for me to do so.

Expect lots of puzzle dungeons and other, interesting, scripted features. I'll definitely be giving it a try in the coming weeks, and hope we can give this project a well-deserved boost. Time and again he has come through for us in a crisis, and having seen what he did on Arelith I'm sure there must be some real gems to be found on Anemoi.

You can join their Discord at https://discord.gg/9auZRaX

Anemoi is a project by Mithreas, admin on Arelith for around 10 years and for a couple of years on Glorwing before that. It's a home baked setting.

The world uses a blended progression system. PCs start at level 3, have quick advancement to 5, a “soft cap” at level 10, and a “hard cap” at level 15 (after the soft cap, xp becomes a lot harder to gain). However, at any time, PCs can use gold to purchase additional feats and other advancements via trainer NPCs in the module, so advancement does not require levelling up, and once PCs have enough levels + trained feats, they will have access to a variety of epic feats via the trainers. The crafting system is much more time consuming than Arelith's but uses a much-extended version of the enchantment basin system to allow crafters to add a wide range of properties to their gear.

Race is a critical part of the game; the setting is in the tail end of a great war, where the Elves have driven Humans and Halflings back into small enclaves. Humans, Halflings and Elves are playable today, each with their different start areas. Your race determines your start area and restricts a couple of class choices (humans cannot be arcanists, for example).

However, the main focus of the world is on discovery. In this, I acknowledge the influences of the writings of Brandon Sanderson and Stephen Ericsson, whose novels allow their readers to gradually uncover secrets of the setting. This module is intended to offer a similar experience, including features like NPCs who you speak to as if they were PCs.

There is a setting outline document and wiki posted at http://anemoi.crabdance.com/ with more detailed information. The world uses a few haks, but is relatively light on downloads.