Wharftown TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

CragOneEye

Re: Wharftown TIMELINE

Post by CragOneEye » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:27 pm

**Zamiel

And he was yes.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:54 pm

CragOneEye wrote:**Zamiel

And he was yes.
Great, fixed and thank you :)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

William Steele

Post by William Steele » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 pm

wasn't wharftown where those mistican guys were at some point?

WildOrchid

Post by WildOrchid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Are you sure about that Lucard Cousland bit as mayor? My first toon met Lucard in the early 70's. He was a Ranger. And I'm pretty sure he was new to the island at that time, as she hired him to provide her with nuts, berries, fruits, etc.

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:50 pm

I strongly remember a Cousland hiring my character Heleqes as a Wayman. That was when V'lad Feylock was Commander. His first name might have been different though (Arthur?) - I think Cousland may have been a popular name at the time, because that was when Dragon Age came out.

Ekrid Aulanther
Tashtego
Isak Kerringar
Huemacoatl

WildOrchid

Post by WildOrchid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Ok, a quick trip to the old forums helped me find the answer.

The mayor of Wharftown was Arthas Cousland, not Lucard.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:41 pm

WildOrchid wrote:Ok, a quick trip to the old forums helped me find the answer.

The mayor of Wharftown was Arthas Cousland, not Lucard.
Updated...

V'lad Feylock was admiral before or after Chess Ma'rye?
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:00 am

If you are referring to Chess Mae'ryn, I believe this is the same elf that was a friend of Zamiel Rythos. And also was a waymen when Jheramaine Acastus was Mayor. Oh, that would be in the 30s?

Christ. The current in-game year is 104, and I'm reminded my first character arrived in the 20s. Time flies.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 am

Seven Sons of Sin wrote:If you are referring to Chess Mae'ryn, I believe this is the same elf that was a friend of Zamiel Rythos. And also was a waymen when Jheramaine Acastus was Mayor. Oh, that would be in the 30s?
I am not going to add entries about alegiances, unless that was as leader of certain relevant order/guild/group.

I am listing Waymen leaders/admirals, but not lower ranks unless the mentioned character was an epic/legendary one for the history of Arelith.

This is like if we were working with a eral timeline of our history... You won't mention that your neighbour joined your football fan club, but you may mention when your Govern leader joined the politic of your country (and even that simple imput may be despited too)

Btw, I am updating entries taggs, placing [WAR] where an event concerns any conflict.
Seven Sons of Sin wrote: Christ. The current in-game year is 104, and I'm reminded my first character arrived in the 20s. Time flies.
I feel envy! :P Wish I didn't lost time and cash on other stupid games and I may find Arelith before!

Thank you!

Thank you

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 pm

I suspect colav came long before 26, or after.

during much of cordor's baronial period, i remember boudicca NaThrach being regent of the town, and later around 25-30ish, she was the mayor at some point. Also in there somewhere, wharftown was run for a short time by a rugged couple. Scurvy Cur would remember who they were, i think. I believe it was his and Dacey's alts.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Scurvy Cur

Post by Scurvy Cur » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Not mine. Most of my factioning around that time was highly Cordor centric.

I think you're thinking of Phaele and Darion, last names escape me right now. If memory serves, they ran Wharftown in between periods of control by Banites.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Scurvy Cur wrote:Not mine. Most of my factioning around that time was highly Cordor centric.

I think you're thinking of Phaele and Darion, last names escape me right now. If memory serves, they ran Wharftown in between periods of control by Banites.
that sounds about right

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:50 am

30 - 32 AR (?) - Jheramaine Naethandreil, Wharftown mayoress.

... or she was Jheramaine Acastos?

Diferent surnames as one was her single and the other after get married?

Diferent characters?

Also... Phaele and Darion... about what dates are we talking? Any aproximation?

Thank you

The Pretty Prince of Parties

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Jheramaine was 41-42ish, not 31-32ish. She was the mayor who immediately followed the Thayvians being driven out of Wharftown.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:36 pm

The Pretty Prince of Parties wrote:Jheramaine was 41-42ish, not 31-32ish. She was the mayor who immediately followed the Thayvians being driven out of Wharftown.
Could it be that she was mayor twice? As it happens sometimes with other mayors, who repeat leadership some time later.

Also, what resource do you use? As here is conflict of diferent datas, we need to make sure which one is correct.

Thanks!

Thank you

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Well, I played Herial Ghalen, so I was present and involved at that time. I don't remember Cousland following up the Thayvians immediately, but I do recall Jheramaine being there for several years.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:29 pm

The Pretty Prince of Parties wrote:Well, I played Herial Ghalen, so I was present and involved at that time. I don't remember Cousland following up the Thayvians immediately, but I do recall Jheramaine being there for several years.
Fair enough!

So we can asume Cousland came after Jheramaine... or after someonme who came after her...

Updated!

Thank you

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm

Right - they definitely got control over Wharftown at some point around then, I'm just 99.9% certain Jheramaine was in control of Wharftown from 41-42 AR following the ousting of the Thayvians.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:17 pm

The Pretty Prince of Parties wrote:Right - they definitely got control over Wharftown at some point around then, I'm just 99.9% certain Jheramaine was in control of Wharftown from 41-42 AR following the ousting of the Thayvians.

:arrow:
Wharftown Timeline wrote:42 AR. [POL] A treaty of neutrality and mutual military aid is signed between Wharftown and the Temple of Bane by the mayor Jheramaine Naethandreil and the Dreadmaster Gorgath Deathcrush.
Indeed

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 pm

revised...shortened..polished... Coments?

The Man of the Moon wrote:
Timeline

~10’s BR (Old Stonehold).- Morghum the Black arises.

~10’s BR (bitter Coast).- Foundation of Wharftown

~10 AR (Wharftown).- Aristotlus Bibliophilius V, leaves Cordor, where developed a great work in the Guard, and becomes the mayor of Wharftown reaching a successful leadership.

~10 to 12 AR (Wharftown).- The Waymen are created as the guard of the town, formed by Aristotlus Bibliophilus and Rune Degrem.

~14 AR (Wharftown).- Aristotlus Bibliophilius V, passes away[/b] .

22 AR (Arelith Coasts).- Raid of the Blood Sail Pirates on Arelith.
A great pirate fleet incurses the island with hidden purposes.

~30’s AR (Bitter Coast).- The bandits known as the Whartown Boys expand in their Hideout, in the Bitter Coast.

35 AR (Wharftown - Abyss).- Kâ'thea Anêph, who was the mayoress of Wharftown when (and Apprentice to Lady Quimelya of the Abyss) resigns as mayoress to become the Lady of the Abysal Fortress, suceeding to Lordaryn.

35 AR (Wharftown – Bendir - Underdark – Urblexis Grond).- Skeflock, Tyrant of Urblexis Grond sent an army against Wharftown. But Biad, Bendir's Captain and Leader on the Dale, afraid that Bendir could follow in the plans of conquest, led an army to counter and make retreat the svirneflin forces.

38 AR (Forest of Despair – Temple of Malar).- Spread of Lycanthropy from the Forest of Despair.

40 AR (Wharftown - Thayvyan).- The fishing town is taken under Thayan control by Ayin Mesmer, Red Archimage. During this period gets revitalized and becomes an important portly town.

41 AR (Wharftown - Thayvyan).- Bloodbath of Wharftown.
The "Wharftown Liberation Movement", led by Herial Ghalen, Magil Mahr, and Kathele Se'Lhane, gets a bloodthirsty success assassinating the archmage Ayin and almost every male defender from the town. After the carnage, where the defenders fought fiercely the Thayvyan were gone. Since that battle the guard has been female ever since.

41 AR (Wharftown - Thayvyan).- After the bloodbath and the end of the Thayvyan age in Wharftown, Jheramaine Naethandreil becomes mayoress.

42 AR (Wharftown – Church of Bane).- A treaty of neutrality and mutual military aid is signed between Wharftown and the Temple of Ban by the mayor Jheramaine Naethandreil and the Dreadmaster Gorgath Deathcrush.

~40’s AR (Wharftown).- Lucard Cousland is elected as mayor, and Chess Mae'ryn is designated as the Waymen Commander.

50AR (Wharftown – Cordor).- A war is declared between Cordor and Wharftown.

~50 AR (Wharftown).- The paladin Zamiel Rythos rules Wharftown as mayor.

~50’s AR (Wharftown – Church of Bane).- Banite Agee in Wharftown.
The Cyricist Caster The Clown campaigned in public for mayorship against Zamiel after the term for new elections was up and won supported by the Banites, Abyssals and Velsharrans, revocationing the exile of all the criminals from these factions.

~50’s AR (Wharftown – Myon – Bendir – Light Keep – Brogendenstein).- As result of Caster's mayorship, Myon, Bendir, Lightkeep, and Brogdestein declared war on wharftown. Caster then stepped down from mayorship as a Banite mayor was elected with peace treaty terms with Myon, leaving Wharftown as a vassal under Myon. Sometime later, the Church of Bane was able to break the vassalage.

69 AR (Wharftown – Arcane Tower – Fiendish - Abyssals).- The Wharftown Clash.
During the mayorship of Valorie Slades, took place one of the largest battles in the history of Wharftown : Fiendish followers, in charge of the Arcane Tower tried to conquer Wharftown, but as the Archmage and tiefling Houndgot captured by Sando Saikoro of the Sea Leopard, a second wave came against the town. The Abyssal Fortress forces came then against the Fiendish forces, granting a successful defense and slaying a great number of infernalists.

~70’s AR (Geography).- The Sailing explorations discover new routes and isles in the Archipelago.

71 AR (Wharftown – Myon – Church of Bane - Cordor).- A battle between Myon and Wharftown forces succeed and starts the War between Wharftown (under Banite control) and Cordor.

From 80 AR till persent: Modern Age

Thank you