More Variety of Craftable Heavy Armor

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

NPC Logger Number 2

More Variety of Craftable Heavy Armor

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Several feedback threads on this exist made by myself and other players so I'll keep this brief.

DEX based characters are very strong in the meta and have a YUGE variety of light armor sets to choose from. Armor of Immolation, Padded Vestment of the Holy Squire, Enchanted Silk Shirts, Rogue Leathers, Runic Ranger Armor, the list goes on and on, pretty much every class has one or two sets of light armor at least that give spells per day and big bonuses to ability scores and skills.

STR melee characters have Adamantine Full Plate, Mithril Full Plate, and Templar Armor. That's it. Unless you are an Orog, which almost nobody is. So we effectively get to pick between 1 extra AC, +1 saving throws, and +3 CHA. There is nothing special for knights, or weapon masters, or any other class! Templar Armor is better than nothing I guess for divine builds but still underwhelming compared to stuff DEXers get..

My request is simple, please give us more variety of Heavy Armor for STR based characters, something on par with the stuff DEXers currently get would be nice. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
“The punishing of wits enhances their authority.”
Francis Bacon

garrbear758

Re: More Variety of Craftable Heavy Armor

Post by garrbear758 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm

This is already being worked on. Denied.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted