NPC Interaction board sub-forum in IC stories?

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

NPC Interaction board sub-forum in IC stories?

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:49 am

Let's face it. There are times (probably most of the time) when it is not going to be practical for a DM to stop what they are doing and come possess an NPC for you- what they're working on is probably for a group of people to impact the server as a whole, and that understandably takes precedent.

Further, the driving force of the atmosphere seems to be geared towards being provided by PC's- which is, I think, quite awesome.

What I envision then is a board where players can role-play attempting to interact with NPC's, and as DM's take fancy to do so, might drop in and describe a result or two.

Understandably, this might be unrealistically taxing (the server has a lot of active players, and plenty of them have good ideas for how to create RP), but then again, it also has potential for a lot of awesome In A Perfect World (tm). So I thought I'd put the notion out there, for what it might be worth.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: NPC Interaction board sub-forum in IC stories?

Post by LittleWeasel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:06 am

We used to have IC play by post forums. BUT have gone away from them. They will not return in any way shape or form.

We very highly advocate that you don't ever NEED a forum account just for playing - yes, an account is needed for many things around the game, and encouraged. But if you want to, you can just play without ever glimpsing at the forums.

So no, we'll not return IC play by post - evne if it's NPC/PC interaction - to the forums.

You are free to send a DM a PM though and ask about NPC reactions there.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*