Player-mediated NCP henchmen

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Player-mediated NCP henchmen

Post by Dalenger » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:14 am

I know there is already a henchmen system set up(ie, the henchmen in the Hub), but I think it would be interesting to introduce a way for players to purchase, train, and 'rent out' henchmen of their own.
A player could go to the slave pits, buy a NPC slave (they could come in a varitety of starting strengths, skill sets, and costs), then take the NPC out to train (ie, have the henchmen join your group and go around killing this with you for a while), arm it, and eventually set up a shop-like location where the NPCs could be rented out, similar to the system there is already installed.
This could allow for a more player-mediated NPC henchmen system, a wider variety of henchmen, and a whole new side to the Arelith economy.
This could also help expand the already present slaving trade to be more automated, and less player-dependent (similar to how automated shops have helped make independent item trading).

Being a member of the UD, I'm making this entire suggestion using ideas that would work for the UD. However, they could easily be modified to work on the surface as well, if you think it's a good idea.

I've not figured out all the details of this idea, and have no idea what kinds of coding would be required to run it. I'll leave that up to you guys :)
Thanks for reading.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.