RPed Reset time announcements?

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

RPed Reset time announcements?

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:21 pm

I know this could be seen as a neerdie sugestion, but here we go...

When DMs announce a reset, if they did it in some poetry/RP way, could add a plus into the server, that is mainly RP oriented

Something in the line of... (Just some samples so you get what I try to sugest in my terrible English)

"Another journey is passing away on Arelith... Prepare to seek for the rest of the warrior, noble heroes and fierce villains..."

"The sands of time are falling in the sand-clock... time to reflect in your actions, adventurers"

"Another tendays goes away, the night is falling and your bodies are almost exhausted, you should look for a resting place..."
DM Hephaestus wrote:No shouting about lightning bolts and Ragnarok and big-red-button doomsday devices and announcing things in terms of 'Earth Minutes?' :cry:
Pretty sure you can find excellents and poetic ways to announce allowing us to keep a feeling of immersion, rather than "reset time" that always was (in my opinion) like when you hear the clock ringing and popping/breaking your dreaming tales :)
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

DM Hephaestus

Re: RPed Reset time announcements?

Post by DM Hephaestus » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:45 pm

No shouting about lightning bolts and Ragnarok and big-red-button doomsday devices and announcing things in terms of 'Earth Minutes?' :cry:
Server: [DM] Maelstrom just killed Little Girl in Wharftown (Mercantile Building)

Artos13
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: RPed Reset time announcements?

Post by Artos13 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:01 pm